What's new

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed

There is also something called loans to GDP ratio. The common theme of the countries mentioned is their astronomical debts where they lived beyond their means. It is only a temporary fix, does not remotely means you are rich. You may have shiny malls but do not have anyone who can buy anything, just open one of your newspapers, your pharmaceutical companies are shutting down cause they can not buy API. Are you really going to have us believe you are richer?

In lebanon bank heist are carried out by actual depositors not robbers.

No one claims BD is a paradise but with an economy 35%+ bigger than yours, GDP per capita almost twice as yours BD is in a different league to PK.

Why was IMF not impressed by your roads and malls? You only asked for only $1.5b? Do you think they are playing hard to get because they think you have a secret money tree somewhere?

Different league? You talking as if you have a $50K per capita. Your stats department is notoriusly corrupt and papers routinely say their figures are false. Go look at the corruption Index where you are rightly placed below us. Your cities look like shambles and there is literally no recognizable brand in BD. We recently had Tim hortons open in Lahore which set a world record for first day spend. Google retail spend in PK and BD and compare them.

The world happiness report just released and you are below us there as well. Much more comprehensive than HDI and has more categories.

Can you even post some pictures from Dhaka/Chittagong? You cant because they are nowhere near waht we have.

Making T shirts and under garments in bulk makes you export more. That has nothing to do with spending power of the people. You are confusing the two.

I can name 100s of indexes where you are behind.

Different league? You talking as if you have a $50K per capita. Your stats department is notoriusly corrupt and papers routinely say their figures are false. Go look at the corruption Index where you are rightly placed below us. Your cities look like shambles and there is literally no recognizable brand in BD. We recently had Tim hortons open in Lahore which set a world record for first day spend. Google retail spend in PK and BD and compare them.

The world happiness report just released and you are below us there as well. Much more comprehensive than HDI and has more categories.

Can you even post some pictures from Dhaka/Chittagong? You cant because they are nowhere near waht we have.

Making T shirts and under garments in bulk makes you export more. That has nothing to do with spending power of the people. You are confusing the two.

I can name 100s of indexes where you are behind.

Go on then.... just name the first 100 indexes where PK heads BD.

Afghanistan's standard of living is about a third of Pakistan. It will take a lot of Pixie Dust to reverse that.

Yeah but I said it will take time. It may not take a very long time if Pakistan keeps going down the way it is.

Last edited:
It is sad that an interesting debate degenerated into name calling. I am still interested in the topic of why Pakistan failed. Completely ignore any comparison to Bangladesh. If it is not needed, ignore women and population's role too. Can it then be discussed?

You would imagine that there is some sophisticated or theological reasons as to why Pakistan doesn't see the fair share in women employment. It's unfortunately quite simple. Like the famed lazy men, country has an epidemic problem in lazy women.

did you read thread title and OP article ???????????????????????

They won't read anything, even you post a hundreds times, these people only ignore it and repeat themselves, also known as the fallacy of argument ad nauseam.

It's an indirect admittance of defeat. So why bother arguing with a bunch of programmed parrots. You'll have much better luck teaching monkies rocket science. Leave them to it.

While their people crowd our slums and work like slaves in "failed countries" they can endlessly repeat themselves to no benefit. Not even self-conviction, because deep down inside they know they're even lying to themselves; hence the fallacious wishful arguing.

Our concern should be to get their people out of our country. We are an overpopulated country ourselves that even a Bangladeshi migrant population the entire population of Finland is too much for us.

These guys would do well getting a full time job with the Bangladeshi repatriation bureau and getting their people to come back from "failed countries." But in reality nobody wants to return to an overcrowded, impoverished sh***t-hole once they've left.

Other concern is to moniter this subsection to prevent constant civilian topics from coming up. But that's the job of admins and mods.

Last edited:
My money is on Afghanistan too. I believe Afghanistan is on the way to become another Iran, will take time but will forge ahead of Pakistan.

If you think that fantasy will convince millions of Afghanis to leave Pakistan and go home and millions of your own migrants as well, you have my full blessing because how useful it will be to us.

main-qimg-7eac05f7af97b6b3e0091174fa5431fe

main-qimg-47e1d7f2ab0e8df1dc22aab9e064ae49

There is a difference in having foreign reserves and income of local population. The middle/upper class is far richer in PK than BD. Just have a look at the malls , consumer spending or available foreign brands.

I can just about list countless reasons here. Srilankan economy is mismanaged as well that doesnt mean they are not richer than BD. Lebonan govt is in tatters but if you visit beirut you wont find much difference than europe.

Pakistan is living on borrowed money. Don't you think it is a matter of time everything collapses ?

@El Sidd , are you in touch with any of the mods or admins? I'm not as active of a poster on the forum so I don't know how to contact them.

This non-military thread needs to be locked.

Tell them to keep an eye on this subsection for too many non-military troll topics coming up again & again. Too many troll accounts here.

I'm not hanging around here much, but don't want more Pakistanis to get drawn into circular arguments with these trolls.

Last edited:
I understand your point of view, that is why I said let us rerail this discussion in a productive and respectful way by removing Bangladesh, women's empowerment and population growth as taboo topics and then continue to search for reasons why Pakistan failed. I am also interested if anyone can contribute why Egypt failed.
Nothing here failed no one have taboo of working women but few tribal areas .you may be missunderstanding pakistan with afghanistan here . Pakistan is first muslim country have female head of state .long before BD . There are millions of female students here .we have first female fighter pilots of south asia . A women general in army so on . Its no issue if women works

@El Sidd , are you in touch with any mods or admins? I'm not as active of a poster on the forum so I don't know how to contact them.

This non-military thread needs to be locked.

Tell them to keep an eye on this subsection for too many non-military troll topics coming up again & again. Too many troll accounts here.

I'm not hanging around here much, but don't want more Pakistanis to get drawn into circular arguments with these trolls.
Keep it going i am liking it . If we lock this one they will open another . Almost every article they bash pakistan most of the time no reason .

Nothing here failed no one have taboo of working women but few tribal areas .you may be missunderstanding pakistan with afghanistan here . Pakistan is first muslim country have female head of state .long before BD . There are millions of female students here .we have first female fighter pilots of south asia . A women general in army so on . Its no issue if women works

Keep it going i am liking it . If we lock this one they will open another . Almost every article they bash pakistan most of the time no reason .
There's a problem with Pajeet and b'deshis mindset
- they're born with that hater genes, it's inbuilt and this gene kicks in from time to time
so they'll keep bitching and moaning

What can you do, but pass a smile and move on...

Meanwhile we'll keep chilling like always
cc.gif

Last edited:

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed​

Women's empowerment has been a decisive factor in ensuring Bangladesh leapfrogged Pakistan as an economy

Kalshi Flyover

Kalshi Flyover Mahmud Hossain Opu/Dhaka Tribune
Prithwi Raj Chaturvedi
Published: March 21, 2023 3:47 AM | Last Updated: March 21, 2023 4:03 AM

Bangladesh has accomplished what Pakistan was unable to -- a sensible population policy that succeeded in lowering the birth rate.

Pakistan, however, utterly failed in this endeavour. Miftah Ismail, a former Pakistani finance minister, made these remarks while speaking at an event in Karachi.

He cited Pakistan's lack of population planning as one of the causes of the nation's present socio-economic difficulties, adding that “one option to get out of the current maelstrom” was to pay attention to population planning. Miftah Ismail used Bangladesh as a case study of progress and listed four key areas for this: Population control, putting women in the workforce, an export-centric economy, and the establishment of special economic zones.

Miftah Ismail mentioned Bangladesh, Tunisia, and Egypt, saying that these nations too have Muslim societies, much like Pakistan. But all of them engaged in population planning except Pakistan. The former finance minister added that the country's gross domestic product per capita would have been more than 15% if they had matched the fertility rate to Bangladesh's over the previous 10 years. The Pakistani lawmaker said that Bangladesh as well as other South Asian countries like Sri Lanka have progressed significantly due to “accurate planning” whereas Pakistan has been plagued with problems in the last 75 years because of “wrong policies.”

Bangladesh was one of the world's poorest nations in December 1971, the month it gained independence from Pakistan. Its economy and infrastructure had been completely decimated by the catastrophic conflict. The changes Bangladesh has undergone a little over 50 years later are impressive. Since 2000, it has remained among the fastest-growing economies, and in 2015, it crossed the threshold to become a lower-middle-income country. GNI per capita rose to over $2,500 in 2021, a 20-fold leap from its 1971 levels.

Pakistan currently has an average per capita income of US$1,430, while Bangladesh has an average income of US$2,720. The average life expectancy in Pakistan has not increased as much as was anticipated. Whereas Pakistan has an average life expectancy of 67 years, Bangladesh has an average life expectancy of 73 years.

Bangladesh has achieved impressive strides in a variety of areas, but three strategic development decisions it has made over the years -- investing in people, empowering women, and preparing for disasters and adapting to climate change -- have paid off greatly.

The ex-minister from Pakistan who claimed that Bangladesh's quick economic development was made possible by its female workforce emphasized the significance of female engagement.

Women's empowerment was a key component of Bangladesh's plan to fight poverty. The country had one of the lowest rates of female educational attainment in 1991. Bangladesh was one of the first developing nations to achieve gender parity in secondary school enrollment because of a groundbreaking initiative that provided school stipends for underprivileged rural girls, which was later adopted in Mexico, Cambodia, and other nations.

Females currently make up more than half of students enrolled in lower secondary schools, compared to just 17% in 1970. Many thousands of rural women now have jobs thanks to the country's thriving RMG industry. The percentage of women who are in the labour force has climbed from 21% in 1990 to 35% in 2021.

Child marriage has also declined in Bangladesh; there were 28% female students in Bangladesh's educational institutions in 1971, and the percentage jumped to 51% in 2019. After Pakistan's reign, women have made significant progress, thanks in large part to Bangladesh's extensive efforts to remove obstacles to women's education. Because of this, Pakistanis are now clamouring for Bangladesh instead of Sweden, Singapore, or New York.

Bangladesh's achievement in developing itself has allowed it to assist other countries and the world community as a whole such as its great generosity in sheltering more than 1.1 million Rohingya who escaped atrocities in Myanmar. It is astonishing to see how this nation has developed from the destruction of war and natural calamities at the outset of independence to become a middle-income country today and is striving for even greater prosperity for all of its citizens.

Prithwi Raj Chaturvedi is a Researcher and Political analyst based in New Delhi,India

you Bangladeshi people are really full of your selves... even today Pakistan looks a 100 times better than our former colony...

Yes Pakistan is going through a bad patch but a defining patch.. either the forces good win and Pakistan goes forward or we become like most of india.

you have very long way to go before you people lecture us on any thing.

little people with little minds

There's a problem with Pajeet and b'deshis mindset
- they're born with that hater genes, it's inbuilt and this gene kicks in from time to time
so they'll keep bitching and moaning

What can you do, but pass a smile and move on...

Meanwhile we'll keep chilling like always
View attachment 921947
BUT WHEN WE RELY THEY CALL US RACISTS AND WHITES BLA BLA BLA .

you Bangladeshi people are really full of your selves... even today Pakistan looks a 100 times better than our former colony...

Yes Pakistan is going through a bad patch but a defining patch.. either the forces good win and Pakistan goes forward or we become like most of india.

you have very long way to go before you people lecture us on any thing.

little people with little minds
I dont know what is wrong with them when they got anything they start million threads for no reason . they never search whom have these before them

there are many dridges in south asia longer then pidma bridge but soon this bridge started they chanting like they wim world . i have never see any pakistani claiming any BS like this

we have dozens of longest tunnels in pakistan but never see some one chest thumping here

motorways are here since 1990s but look at them how they acting like child .

so on hundreds of such things . 50 years we have more foreign reserves then BD every you see we insulting them here ? no . check oldest threads of 2005 06 07 but as soon as BD crossed they started whining till today . like world ended and paksitan will remain forever like this .

look at this thread title its inviting paksitanis to come and insult them .

Pakistan launching satellites since ages but as soon as they make one sat started like they are crazy

missile or space launches is another story they not reached there .

they even forget paksitan is first and only muslim nuclear power its required technology for hell sake

Last edited:

It's called inferiority complex. Coming to Pakistanis and trying to get recognition for some imaginary betterness. Why feed them when they just keep repeating themselves after being refuted dozens of times? Why encourage them?

This is supposed to be a military subforum anyways.

Last edited:
It's called inferiority complex. Coming to Pakistanis and trying to get recognition for some imaginary betterness. Why feed them when they just keep repeating themselves after being refuted dozens of time? Why encourage them?

This is supposed to be a military subforum anyways.
there is everything in this forum but no military . hardly any thread on military . we can open daily 10 threads to make them look bad but who cares ,

Back
Top Bottom