What's new

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed

Pakistan has different set of challenges and some strategic blunders in the past.

BD should try compare it self with south east asian countries and see how much bd sucks.

Bangladeshis in real life like his Indian buddy has a stick up the ***. When I was in Qatar during the World Cup, I met multiple Bengalis Uber drivers. They were very standoffish in the beginning but generally opened up as I have a habit of befriending taxi and Uber drivers because they are working to support their families regardless of religion or nationality.
One I met told me he didn’t speak or understand Urdu. I asked he spoke or understood Hindi? He said yes of course, so I started to speak in Urdu, and then he became more opened.
I didn’t have this problem with Sikhs drivers (in the US), and Pakistani ones nor Muslim ones. This Bengali driver told how he won the lottery to come to Qatar to work as a driver (which was one of the more lucrative jobs there was).
He even became more helpful when the topic shifted to Imran Khan. These Kufars in GHQ know this or dont, but IK is immensely popular across the Islamic world. Anyhow, yeah I don’t understand this awkwardness with them. The religious Bengalis are very cordial and we’re like a family, but the secular ones are a different story.

Sikhs were very friendly. I don’t want the hyper nationalist Indian members to think I’m being
dishonest, but Sikhs are probably more anti India than Pakistanis are (excluding me and some others on this forum). I’ve met 10 ones, and none one had anything good to say about the current GOI.

Just my experiences

If it makes you happy then carry on your mental mastrub@tion by extrapolating "nothing good to say about current GOI" as anti-India ??
Current GOI BJP never had much support in Punjabi sikhs.so its understandable.

To take a last word on this stupid thread, none of those you mentioned are interested in actually immigrating to Bangladesh, despite praising it. Because they subconsciously know they are talking total backwas.

Even the Muhajir neo-libtards on this forum or in the media who give false encouragement to these wishful Bangladeshi patriots have no interest in actually immigrating to that 10th world toilet.

They also have no interest in educating their youth there, despite praising it's imaginary "education system." If a typical Muhajir or Sindhi student has their student visa application rejected from European/North American/East Asian countries, their parent's first ambition will be to probably send them to Lahore or Islamabad for further studies. Never Bangladesh.

Typical hypocrites.

But how can normal people just stand there and take it, when stunted politicians like Niazi and Bhutto praise Bangladesh and promise policies to be like them.

The overwhelming majority of cheerleaders here also wish to have Pakistani army be like Bangladeshi army.

Most of these elitist are from PTI tea party

But how can normal people just stand there and take it, when stunted politicians like Niazi and Bhutto praise Bangladesh and promise policies to be like them.

The overwhelming majority of cheerleaders here also wish to have Pakistani army be like Bangladeshi army.

Most of these elitist are from PTI tea party

You nailed it right there. Hopefully these cheerleaders can make arrangements to repatriate millions of illegal Bangladeshis migrants living in our country for a better life.

These same Sindhis & Muhajir elites who praise Bangladeshis and their "education" were the ones complaining in the 90s about crimes committed by Bangladeshi migrants, which led to crackdowns. Now more or less they are silent.

Even these overly patriotic Bangladeshis who claimed they are "developing" their country are more than happy to dump their people in Pakistan and other near bankrupt countries like Turkey & Lebanon.

I just confirmed PDF member Imran Khan's claims of Bangladeshi workers in Lebanon, which is in near meltdown. Their media was honest enough to document it. So much for them laughing about our bankruptcy.

You nailed it right there. Hopefully these cheerleaders can make arrangements to repatriate millions of illegal Bangladeshis migrants living in our country for a better life.

These same Sindhis & Muhajir elites who praise Bangladeshis and their "education" were the ones complaining in the 90s about crimes committed by Bangladeshi migrants, which led to crackdowns. Now more or less they are silent.

Even these overly patriotic Bangladeshis who claimed they are "developing" their country are more than happy to dump their people in Pakistan and other near bankrupt countries like Turkey & Lebanon.

I just confirmed PDF member Imran Khan's claims of Bangladeshi workers in Lebanon, which is in near meltdown. Their media was honest enough to document it. So much for them laughing about our bankruptcy.

There's a sustained effort to present the Bangladeshi model as a viable survival tactic which essentially means an imposed model of poverty and substandard living standard. The whole premise of the thread is some alleged advancements in exploiting women in the workforce.

Some of these people carry marxist tendencies.

There's a sustained effort to present the Bangladeshi model as a viable survival tactic which essentially means an imposed model of poverty and substandard living standard. The whole premise of the thread is some alleged advancements in exploiting women in the workforce.

Lol a country which has a mere 1500 usd per capita gdp lecturing a country which has 2700 usd per capita gdp and projecting 16000 usd per capita gdp by 2041 a model of poverty and sub standard living. Wow.

Even following this model of poverty and sub standard living Pakistan can out of present bankrupt condition, raise reserve and per capita gdp they should follow that.

A beggar can not be chooser. Just keep it in mind.

It's funny because when I pointed out Saudi Arabia must be a great example of women empowerment, the Bangladeshi epabble brought up fertility of the land.

I mean I was bringing this up the whole time. It's the population density and loss of farmland that has contributed to population decline, not "woman empowerment." Otherwise Saudi Arabia is out "role model." Less people than all of Canada.

But hey, what do I know.

Stick to the topic and trying to term your people as Bangladeshi. This 2-3 million Bengali Pakistani people doesn’t make much difference of a country of 200 million plus. Accept your country’s failed policies over the decades and think how you can come out of this present bankrupt situation.

If Bangladesh open its gate for this Pakistani Bengalis not only these Bengalis and many Pakistanis will come along with it.

Just giving you an example. You are blabbering about cleaner and garbage collectors… even they earn minimum around 20000 taka a month which is close to 55000 Pakistani rupee. A rickshaw puller earn 30000 taka which is around 82000 Pakistani rupee. So now tell me how many of the poorest make that kind of money in Pakistan?

First come out of poverty and raise your living standard then come for comparison with Bangladesh. Bangladesh is well ahead of Pakistan in every dimension. In terms of accumulated wealth Pakistan May be little ahead but with present trend Bangladesh will overtake that in next few years.

You are just living in the past. Wake up and get back to reality.

Bangladesh has 70% higher per capita gdp than Pakistan now.

Who is making the effort? If there is one thing that may be generalized, it is that Bangladesh, Indonesia and Malaysia are good examples of non-oil exporting Muslim countries with an economy that does not depend on borrow and spend as the main fiscal policy. On the other hand, Pakistan, Egypt and Lebanon represent non-oil exporting Muslim countries that have not found a viable means of economy besides borrow and spend.

Bangladesh paradox is an economic discourse that is decades old.

We do not need to impose substandard living standard, it was an absolute reality and in certain measures and for a subsection of our people still is.

What is also a reality that over decades of sustained grassroot action has turned socioeconomic barometers upwards. Basic education has been rolled out to all as has rudimentary social safety net to the most poorest. A national pension scheme in the british model has passed pilot stage and tentatively GoB is starting to roll it out universally.²

Economically a agrarian workforce has moved to manufacturing and service sectors serving first internal demand and substituting imports. In agriculture BD is top ten producers of many item and internally self sufficient in terms of food.²

These are basic reality, you can have the opinion that these are lies but if you visit BD and have knowledge of what it was like 20 years ago the facts on the grounds would prove your position as inaccurate.

This whole thread is stupid, BD does not consider PK as equal or a model to follow. BD polemics just do not see any value in this.

In all these posts of comparing PK to BD are being made by PKs themselves for their internal politics or indians grinding their national axe. BD does not care nor have a skin in this game. We are looking towards indonesia and turkey as models of development and governance as globally facing open Muslim democracy.

PKs here should point their ire at where it belongs.

Last edited:
Bangladesh paradox is an economic discourse that is decades old.

We do not need to impose substandard living standard, it was an absolute reality.

What is also a reality that over decades of sustained grassroot action has turned socioeconomic barometers upwards. Basic education has been rolled out to all as has rudimentary social safety net to the most poorest. A national pension scheme in the british model is passed pilot stage.

Economically a agrarian workforce has moved to manufacturing and service sectors.

These are basic reality, you can have the opinion that these are lies but if you visit BD and have knowledge of what it was like 20 years ago the facts on the grounds would prove your position as inaccurate.

This whole thread is stupid, BD does not consider PK as equal or a model to follow. BD polemics just do not see any value in this.

In all these posts of comparing PK to BD are being made by PKs themselves for their internal politics or indians grinding their national axe. BD does not care nor have a skin in this game. We are looking towards indonesia and turkey as models of development and governance as globally facing open Muslim democracy.
Actually, if one is interested in comparative developmental economics without introducing ill will, it may be better to just delete Bangladesh from the conversation and replace it with Indonesia. Indonesia is also a large Muslim nation without petroleum export as the main model of economy. It may be good to find out what works in Indonesia and why does it work.

Stick to the topic and trying to term your people as Bangladeshi. This 2-3 million Bengali Pakistani people doesn’t make much difference of a country of 200 million plus. Accept your country’s failed policies over the decades and think how you can come out of this present bankrupt situation.

If Bangladesh open its gate for this Pakistani Bengalis not only these Bengalis and many Pakistanis will come along with it.

Just giving you an example. You are blabbering about cleaner and garbage collectors… even they earn minimum around 20000 taka a month which is close to 55000 Pakistani rupee. A rickshaw puller earn 30000 taka which is around 82000 Pakistani rupee. So now tell me how many of the poorest make that kind of money in Pakistan?

First come out of poverty and raise your living standard then come for comparison with Bangladesh. Bangladesh is well ahead of Pakistan in every dimension. In terms of accumulated wealth Pakistan May be little ahead but with present trend Bangladesh will overtake that in next few years.

You are just living in the past. Wake up and get back to reality.

Bangladesh has 70% higher per capita gdp than Pakistan now.

Our standard of living must be great by your standards that millions of you live in our country ILLEGALLY. You failed your people. Moreover your people are living as street workers in "bankrupt" countries like Lebanon.

So much for your "economic success" improving people's lives. Maybe cause the stats are fake. Anyways, why do topics like these come on a defense forum?

You do realize, right, that this subforum is for military topics ONLY. That means you get to post things on Bangladeshi Armed Forces, not post on civilian topics which are nonsense articles anyways. So please adhere to forum rules. I'll even post later to mods & admins to keep a watch.

Who is making the effort? If there is one thing that may be generalized, it is that Bangladesh, Indonesia and Malaysia are good examples of non-oil exporting Muslim countries with an economy that does not depend on borrow and spend as the main fiscal policy. On the other hand, Pakistan, Egypt and Lebanon represent non-oil exporting Muslim countries that have not found a viable means of economy besides borrow and spend.

Compare Bangladesh to Indonesia & Malaysia? Plus Malaysia IS an oil exporting country. And why are so Bangladeshis living in Lebanon & Pakistan if it's a "role model" for these countries?

You patriots are something else.

Last edited:
Bangladesh, even Indian roads are not better than Pakistan

If we look railway, i think india and pakistan have just ok trains, not good, but if we look at bangladesh they have worst railway system, seems they have single train, they are forced to sit on the roof of trains, which is very risky.

if we look at defence, india and pakistan are trying to compete each other, inspite of too much budget on defence of india, pakistan is capable to protect its country, on other hand BD is not spending on defence.

If india attacked on BD, BD will fail to protect herself.

BD govt is not spending on roads, railway and defence, just collecting money in central bank

pakistan was performing better than even india as less poverty than others, after PDM duffers pakistan went on crises.

pakistan is fighting with terrorism and even at wars from 1980s as there was danger from Soviets (to capture the country) to fk European, American trades. pakistan still performing good except from last year.

pakistan fought 4 wars, bangladesh none. so they not wasted money on wars.

Actually, if one is interested in comparative developmental economics without introducing ill will, it may be better to just delete Bangladesh from the conversation and replace it with Indonesia. Indonesia is also a large Muslim nation without petroleum export as the main model of economy. It may be good to find out what works in Indonesia and why does it work.

Indonesia is a role model but the dynamics are materially different. They are resource rich and several steps ahead of us in terms manufacturing capacity and human development. But on the opposite side their geography poses certain challenges.

For BD we are resource poor in everything except sheer number of available manpower.
Being a geographically compact nation is our advantage.

Our development journey will be different as we exploit our unique comparative advantages but the direction of travel is the same.

However you can not take out Bangladesh out of Bangladesh paradox.... it is an actual focus of research.

Back
Top Bottom