What's new

When will China become a global superpower?

Sorry that I have disappointed you, and perhaps I will continue to be that way.
Based on the fact that China has attained the great achievements, I am convinced that China has found the best way that suits its own peculiarity. The new world order is in the making whilst China is rising to the top. Within the Chinese system, the political, legal, environmental processes find its own way. For those who feel they have a superior system to China's, I congratulate you and you have nothing to worry as the superior system will continue to outmatch China. For the international rules, there will be no war against another state in the pretext of freedom or humanitarianism.

I think the Chinese should thank for all the advices from all over the world. A recent one was suggested by the famous columnist Thomas L Fred. What he said to our president Hu was Chinese needs dignity. I respectfully disagree. What China needs most is to maintain the current momentum of development and to have the ability to defend China when anyone tries to destroy its growth by force. Last, please build a big trash bin where all the junks can fit in.

Yes, I would also hope that one day China would achieve her full potential to become one of the world's truthly Superpower instead of becoming one of the.... pretenders or worse yet, a Fascist State like the former Germany or Japan during the WWII!

Yes, I would also hope that one day China would achieve her full potential to become one of the world's truthly Superpower instead of becoming one of the.... pretenders or worse yet, a Fascist State like the former Germany or Japan during the WWII!
Maybe we'll learn from United States' example. Invade a country or two every decade, set up bases all over the world and overthrow/assasinate democratic governments.

Gotta learn from the best right?

Maybe we'll learn from United States' example. Invade a country or two every decade, set up bases all over the world and overthrow/assasinate democratic governments.

Gotta learn from the best right?

Again, the cold war is already long over. You sounded like you're really missed your "Pioneer Youths" or "Red Guards" moment, eh! :D

Again, the cold war is already long over. You sounded like you're really missed your "Pioneer Youths" or "Red Guards" moment, eh! :D
I'm sorry, I didn't realize Iraq and Afghanistan occured before the Cold War. You must have dialed the wrong time machine. Oh how about United States being the greatest sponsor of state terrorism in the world? That happened before Cold War too? Perhaps that Agent Orange damaged your brain more severely than I previously thought.

Thanks for the cheap laugh though.

Bi-Bep, we need to seriously admit that our American economy is a house of cards under dire straits as well as Japan's. We have no credibility to criticize the quality of China's economy as being a hoax.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize Iraq and Afghanistan occured before the Cold War. You must have dialed the wrong time machine. Oh how about United States being the greatest sponsor of state terrorism in the world? That happened before Cold War too? Perhaps that Agent Orange damaged your brain more severely than I previously thought.

Thanks for the cheap laugh though.

Yes, I am profoundly impressed with the likes of your ideas, which will even build China to become a world Superpower! :rofl:

Yes, I am profoundly impressed with the likes of your ideas, which will even build China to become a world Superpower! :rofl:
What can I say? United States is a great teacher.

Face reality, China is literally getting stronger economically and militarily, day by day. This is the impression that is spreading around the world and sinking into more and more people's heads.

Face reality, China is literally getting stronger economically and militarily, day by day. This is the impression that is spreading around the world and sinking into more and more people's heads.

Of course, I personally hope and truthly like to see that happens to. China to become a superpower and conduct herself accordingly as one. I'm not sure what we've disagreed about? :cheers:

Of course, I personally hope and truthly like to see that happens to. China to become a superpower and conduct herself accordingly as one. I'm not sure what we've disagreed about? :cheers:
We will conduct ourselves from the fine examples of United States, and British Empire that came before it. Will that satisfy you?

We will conduct ourselves from the fine examples of United States, and British Empire that came before it. Will that satisfy you?

One who is educated and civilized would know how to conduct himself accordingly!

One who is educated and civilized would know how to conduct himself accordingly!
Killing natives? Enslaving people? Invading others? Toppling elected governments? Prop up dictators?

Sounds like educated and civilized to me. We'll be sure to emulate that. What better place than to bring enlightenment to Vietnam first?

Killing natives? Enslaving people? Invading others? Toppling elected governments? Prop up dictators?
Sounds like educated and civilized to me. We'll be sure to emulate that. What better place than to bring enlightenment to Vietnam first?

China would want to topple the US to be real World Superpower and better civilized one! Please bring it on! :)

China would want to topple the US to be real World Superpower and better civilized one! Please bring it on! :)
United States overtook British Empire economically in 1890's, and militarily after WWII. That's 169 years since its independence. Considering PRC was founded in 1949, we're not in a big hurry.

Back
Top Bottom