What's new

When will China become a global superpower?

United States overtook British Empire economically in 1890's, and militarily after WWII. That's 169 years since its independence. Considering PRC was founded in 1949, we're not in a big hurry.

I know, the US doesn't have 5,000 years of civilization though! :azn:

Well since we're still here after 5000 years, a few decades are only minor to us. We'll be sure to learn how to treat others from you though.

Well since we're still here after 5000 years, a few decades are only minor to us. We'll be sure to learn how to treat others from you though.

Yes, we're awaiting to learn from the "civilized" one, as you've proclaimed. :cheers:

Yes, we're awaiting to learn from the "civilized" one, as you've proclaimed. :cheers:

I proclaimed we'll learn from United States, the golden standard. Whether United States and Briton are civilized or not is up to your judgement.

I proclaimed we'll learn from United States, the golden standard. Whether United States and Briton are civilized or not is up to your judgement.

So, what's your disagreement from my assertions regarding basic steps China must improve to eventually become one of the world Superpowers yet?

When will China become a global superpower?

Global superpower is relatively a newer concept compared to success of mighty chinese empire in the history of mankind. Chinese civilization has been one of the oldest surviving civilization which has cultural sentiments deeply embedded in the heritage of entire asian Sub-continent . It is no surprise that china is being recognized a global power.

The definition of a global superpower doesn't depend on how many nukes or aircrafts you own, but what kind of imprint you have on the world. You cannot think of country in the world which has not savored chinese food, neither can you think of one single kid who didn't dream of mastering kung fu moves. Chinese architecture has been marveled all across the world and recreated in every major cities. And I believe every household in the world carried at least one chinese lantern. Rise of the west was a temporary decline in political power of east but rich ancient cultures will never loose there footing on the world map

Chinese immigrants in every part of the world have amalgated themselves as responsible citizens and promoted their great culture. Chinese architecture, culture, cuisine, work ethics and cultural heritage has made china a global power even before the term global power was coined

Chinese immigrants in every part of the world have amalgated themselves as responsible citizens and promoted their great culture. Chinese architecture, culture, cuisine, work ethics and cultural heritage has made china a global power even before the term global power was coined

No doubt, many of the Chinese immigrants have already helped building America to her position today whereas the average workers would entitle basic human rights and fair opportunity to compete. Let's hope that China could eventually offer the same opportunity to her people first.

Do you nthink our people zapped into being in1776? We have thousands of years of Western civilization...the benchmark of the world.

Do you nthink our people zapped into being in1776? We have thousands of years of Western civilization...the benchmark of the world.

the us(as in the united states) was proclaimed in being then recognized in 1776 as in did not exist before the proclamation and was not widely recognized before winning the revolutionary war.. and yes thousands of years but not of one culture certainly not by one peoples, only thing in common is they happen to live in this so called west

Japan is miracle, a small island as such boasted a 2nd largest economy for nearly 50 years!!! JAPAN is where the true asian dragon resides in....

India, Japan, South Korea... Democracies who show real growth...

China's communism creates false stimulus growth, by bulding unoccupied apartments, malls, parks, and much more ... It is said 75% of apartments in China are unoccupied and empty, LITERLAL GHOST TOWNS,.... this shows china's false ecomic growth... An AVERAGE chinese man cant afford to purchase a home in China...

I see a bubble in the future

South Korea was a military dictatorship far worse than China until 1992. Coincidentally most of its development was before 1992. Please don't bullsh!t about South Korea, a country you have no idea about and probably whose people you've never met.

The only thing India and South Korea have in common is military dictatorship, except instead of just shooting democracy protesters ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangju_massacre and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeju_massacre ) the Indian regime uses food as a weapon, killing 6000 children per day in a brutal natural selection regime designed to weed out the poor and weak, much as Nazi Germany did.

Nice, it seems that USA not only physically defeated our nation, but also mentally enslaved you.

Now you are in the same level as the Asian banana republic as South Korea.

Therefore, you won't stand a chance against China in the future.

I disagree, mental slaves are only Japanese who willingly love the US. Some South Koreans hate the US for enslaving them but are just powerless to do anything about it because the US has a iron grip on their economy (70% of Samsung owned by foreigners) and their military (US still commands the ROK army). If they go against USA, Korean Army will shoot them the same way Korean Army massacred them in Gwangju 1980 and Jeju 1948.

Many Koreans hate their army. It is really an army that has never won a war but is only good at shooting its own citizens.

China will become a global superpower when the Sun become a black hole! I'm sure! :rofl:

In universe, all the stars will be sucked into a black hole. The Sun is no exception and eventually it will turn into a black hole. By the likening, you have indicated that China becoming a global superpower is inevitable. I thank you very much for your passionate love to China. However, majority of prominent scholars think that though China has the potential to be such a superpower, it does not mean turning the potential into reality is guaranteed. You seem to be more certain than them.

I disagree, mental slaves are only Japanese who willingly love the US. Some South Koreans hate the US for enslaving them but are just powerless to do anything about it because the US has a iron grip on their economy (70% of Samsung owned by foreigners) and their military (US still commands the ROK army). If they go against USA, Korean Army will shoot them the same way Korean Army massacred them in Gwangju 1980 and Jeju 1948.

Many Koreans hate their army. It is really an army that has never won a war but is only good at shooting its own citizens.

Both South Koreans and japanese have much better living conditions and better per capita income than Chinese .
Both SOuth Korea and Japan are developed countries but not global super powers .

I think u shouldnt say them slaves or such things it's disgusting

Back
Top Bottom