6. Bosnia
6. Albania
6. Macedonia
8. Kosovo
8. Montenegro

This is my "fair opinion"

Turkey vs Greece
Turkey have a stronger military, bigger military budget and a bigger GDP
Not much to say here, Turkey is just bigger, but also Greece spends a lot money on military which gives them a big and well equipped army
In a war between them turkish army would probably win, but with very heavy loses.
In future i predict Turkey to become even stronger while Greece will have problem keeping the theire "beautiful planes"
Greece wont be able to keep up with the turkish army, turkish air force will have the new F-35, while greek army will probably need to reduce the aircraft in service because of the crisis.

Romania has potential,but is too corrupt.
Still, they have a better army than the bulgarian one
Not much to say about Romania and Bulgaria, they don't really need to spend a lot in military
Therefore, they don't have/need a big well equipped army like the greek and turkish one.

Serbia, Croatia, Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia, they are just small countries, as Romania and Bulgaria they don't have a potential threat and don't see any war any time soon
Thats why they have very low % spending in military, Serbia and Croatia have some better potentials than the albanian and bosnian, but by no means a significant superiority
They just prefer to spend their money on economy, after all a strong economy translated in a stronger army.

Montenegro is just too small, with a population of only 700,000 there is not much they can do
In the other hand Kosovo has a bigger population of ~2million
Which gives them an advantage, and over time will have a bigger and better equipped army.

Greece won't be buying anything in the near future.

You are right my friend. There are some Jaichands in the Indian group who believe licking the feet of foreign masters is the aim of their life. The best way is to ignore these losers.
Then IAF will be buying Mirage-2000s from South America, Greece and Taiwan....

Then IAF will be buying Mirage-2000s from South America, Greece and Taiwan....

By IAF I presume you mean the Indian Air Force.

Yes there were talks about India buying UPGRADED Mirage 2000, probably to the 2000-5 standard. Some sources suggest it might be the 2000-9 standard but that's not substantiated.

IAF currently fields approx. 55 M2000 aircraft. The numbers won't increase much, if at all. IAF is looking into upgraded versions. The bulk of the fleet will be MKI, MMRCA, LCA and the FGFA.

the parts i bolts, i laughed it hard, very hard because we had a neighbor country who population is small but their military forces is quite frightening considering their sizes.

CMIIW, Singapore listed permanent residents is counts for only about 3 million people too, though the differences is like heaven and earth between Singapore and Albanian military. Singapore managed to have more than 100.000 strong army militia, backed with more than 180 modern MBT such as Leopard 2SG and more than 200 AMX 13 Light Tanks, 1200 IFV, 2000 APC and more than 200 artillery pieces. And not to mention they have a capable helicopter fleets too, backed by a considerable number of Chinook, Blackhawk and more than 30 units of AH-64 Apache. Their Air Force is quite frightening too, they have about 150 Fighter planes, in which they have more than 60 AESA equipped Block 52 F-16, and 42 F-15 SG in which has comparable specs with Slammer version of South Korean the rest is modernized F-5 and A-4 Skyhawk. Their Navy is quite large too, with more than 6 AAW frigates, 12 corvette, 4 LPD, and about 6 submarine.

With all due respect Albania is NOT Singapore.

Singapore is a first world country with a strong economy and a highly advanced and modern military. Comparing Albania with Singapore is not logical.

Looking at the Balkan angle let's assume Albania follows the Singapore model and given the more or less same size of population it becomes a carbon copy. That means.

1. Albania raises a conscript army of 100,000. Very much possible, they can do that. Problems would occur in their training and equipment.

2. Albania buys 180 Leo 2 tanks and 200 AMX 13 tanks. Highly unlikely. Leos are very very expensive to buy and maintain.

3. Albania buys 1200 IFV, 2000 APC. Again highly unlikely given the steep price. 200 arty pieces seem possible if they are towed arty. 200 SPG guns will blow a hole in their pocket.

4. Chinook, Apache and other modern gunships are out of bounds for Albania.

5. I am well aware of the strength of Singapore and respect them. But we are talking in the context of Balkan region. Singapore with its military can give a serious threat to turkey itself. But in Balkans among Balkan countries you cannot count Albania seriously because of obvious reasons.

What is the present strength of Albania right now?

Sigh.....

Ghori was a TURK who founded the turkish empire in India. Muhammed Ghori, Muhammed bin Tughlaq, Allaudin Khilji were all TURKS.

Ghaznavi was a pashtun and so were the Lodhis and Sher Shah Suri. The Mughals were of a mixed breed of chagtai turks and mongols. They were basically uzbeks by nationality but babur claimed himself to be mongol from his father's side and turk from his mother's side.
sultan muhammad fateh founder f ottman empire was pashtun pathan

Turkey followed by Greece. I fail to see why Turkey is not included in the list given that its territory in the Balkan is greater than even some countries in the region like Montenegro or Kosovo.

Yes there were talks about India buying UPGRADED Mirage 2000, probably to the 2000-5 standard. Some sources suggest it might be the 2000-9 standard but that's not substantiated.

IAF currently fields approx. 55 M2000 aircraft. The numbers won't increase much, if at all. IAF is looking into upgraded versions. The bulk of the fleet will be MKI, MMRCA, LCA and the FGFA.

Singapore is a first world country with a strong economy and a highly advanced and modern military. Comparing Albania with Singapore is not logical.

Looking at the Balkan angle let's assume Albania follows the Singapore model and given the more or less same size of population it becomes a carbon copy. That means.

1. Albania raises a conscript army of 100,000. Very much possible, they can do that. Problems would occur in their training and equipment.

2. Albania buys 180 Leo 2 tanks and 200 AMX 13 tanks. Highly unlikely. Leos are very very expensive to buy and maintain.

3. Albania buys 1200 IFV, 2000 APC. Again highly unlikely given the steep price. 200 arty pieces seem possible if they are towed arty. 200 SPG guns will blow a hole in their pocket.

5. I am well aware of the strength of Singapore and respect them. But we are talking in the context of Balkan region. Singapore with its military can give a serious threat to turkey itself. But in Balkans among Balkan countries you cannot count Albania seriously because of obvious reasons.

Your head is TORFU!

How the Singapore can give a threat to any Balkan nation let alone Turkey :rofl:

Your head is TORFU!

How the Singapore can give a threat to any Balkan nation let alone Turkey :rofl:

You must be a TORFU, whatever that means, yourself if you can't understand basic English sentences.

P.S. - If you don't understand the English language then don't spam my posts.

I still think India might look towards buying M-2000s from S.America......... For Sure.........

Then Taiwanese and Greek Mirages are on the list. I am saying that S.American ones might be used as spares for airframe and engine.

1) Greece (most powerful Balkan country, advanced military machine, with superior tech over other Balkan states).
2) Romania ( country with more the 20 million people, with new F16 they will have superior air force then Hungarians, Serbs, Ukrainians and Bulgarians).
3) Serbia ( I highly doubt our 3 position, becouse our politicians destroy our army in the last two and half decades, if we maintain well our equipment from ex-Yugoslavia we would share #1 with Greece).
4) Croatia ( I must be fair, they make great step forward, they buy Patria from Finland, Pzh2000 from Germany, small arms from Belgium/Germany/Austria, but have only 1/2 population of Serbia).
5) Bulgaria ( maybe they are higher, but I never hear anything new about Bulgarian army build up)
6)Albania ( increase in manpower, but very weak at tech, they use inferior Chinese tech from 50s and 60s)

If you consider the sizes/population, Greece is one of the strongest in majority of Europe. They have a deep fear against Turks cause of disagreement issues over Aegean so They feel themselves to invest huge money on armaments. It is the reason why Their economy collapsed so bad.

Greece has a deep paranoia about Turks. Their history books describe Turk race as barbarians who took their ancestors' lands with sheding blood so They watch for an opportunity to catch us at weak points. They attacked/provocated us When they feel themselves stronger but Turkish army gave them a serious response in 1974 Cyprus and 1996 Kardak insident. As a concequence, They lost some of their assets, so They continuously invested on strategic tools that only advanced nations have capabilities to operate. They are preparing to withstand a likely island/thrace invasion scenaros Turkish Army will carry out.

Their airforce have more than 200 fighter jets. (F-16 and Mirage 2000)
They use Storm Shadow cruise and Mica AA missiles.
Their Surface to Air missiles:
S-300 PMU-1
PAC-2
PAC-3
Hawk-XXI
OSA
TOR-M1
Crotale-NG
Aspide

They have Leopard 2A6, Leopard2A4 and 24 PZH-2000 artillery system
Greece operates tens of Apace Block-1 attack helicopters
They have Arieye AWACS planes

so Apart from Turkey, No Balkan country can cope with Greece. They falled into financial difficulties at arm race against Turkey so Their voice can't be heart in those days. At normal conditions, They sometimes became a headache of our airforce over Aegean.

Our Efes and DenizKurdu exercises are their worst case scenarioes so Their officials are reacting to such exercises mostly done in Aegean simulating Greek island invasion or naval war scenarios against Greece.

SeaWolf exercise

Efes exercise

Such activities and the reasons I told above, make Greeks crazy so feel themselves to invest more money on mainly defensive weapons.

If you consider the sizes/population, Greece is one of the strongest in majority of Europe. They have a deep fear against Turks cause of disagreement issues over Aegean so They feel themselves to invest huge money on armaments. It is the reason why Their economy collapsed so bad.

Greece has a deep paranoia about Turks. Their history books describe Turk race as barbarians who took their ancestors' lands with sheding blood so They watch for an opportunity to catch us at weak points. They attacked/provocated us When they feel themselves stronger but Turkish army gave them a serious response in 1974 Cyprus and 1996 Kardak insident. As a concequence, They lost some of their assets, so They continuously invested on strategic tools that only advanced nations have capabilities to operate. They are preparing to withstand a likely island/thrace invasion scenaros Turkish Army will carry out.

Their airforce have more than 200 fighter jets. (F-16 and Mirage 2000)
They use Storm Shadow cruise and Mica AA missiles.
Their Surface to Air missiles:
S-300 PMU-1
PAC-2
PAC-3
Hawk-XXI
OSA
TOR-M1
Crotale-NG
Aspide

They have Leopard 2A6, Leopard2A4 and 24 PZH-2000 artillery system
Greece operates tens of Apace Block-1 attack helicopters
They have Arieye AWACS planes

so Apart from Turkey, No Balkan country can cope with Greece. They falled into financial difficulties at arm race against Turkey so Their voice can't be heart in those days. At normal conditions, They sometimes became a headache of our airforce over Aegean.

Our Efes and DenizKurdu exercises are their worst case scenarioes so Their officials are reacting to such exercises mostly done in Aegean simulating Greek island invasion or naval war scenarios against Greece.

SeaWolf exercise

Efes exercise

Such activities and the reasons I told above, make Greeks crazy so feel themselves to invest more money on mainly defensive weapons.

Exactly bro. Apart from that, they think of acquisition of FREMM frigates to Aegean.
But we love them don't we? :D

latest

tumblr_mt4avjyWw31s51g19o1_500.jpg

latest

The argument that Greek leftists and communists use, that Greece's debt is due to us buying expensive military equipment is totally baseless. For example, from 1999 to 2014 ordinary budget expenditure totals ~830 billion euros. About 300 billion of which was given as wages and pensions to public employees. Another 150 billion was given as a subsidy to social security funds. That's more than half public expenditure and that's without counting the wages of those working in state-owned businesses! Do you know how much we spent to buy military equipment in the same period? 19 billion euros. Just 2% of total expenditure!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom