What's new

Whatever

matters best discussed here.. so

This vipassana thing seems to be some crook "Sadhguru" type distributing meditation "wisdom" to gullible people. If you truly want to bring harmony into your homes and the society you live in, enable your society to be comfortable for cats. Care for cats as you would for your children and then see the change in your lives.
see, there you go again.. your hate filled biases on full display, like a drunk peacock in the rain... please stop.

Sayagi U ba Khin and later S.N. Goenka.. you could look them up if so inclined to do so

Yeh bhot tough course hai, 10 hours a day or something of 9 days of meditation only, no contact with outside world or even eye contact with fellow coursemates allowed, a super sattvik diet.. tough stuff, far from a "retreat" , most tap out quickly, can't handle it..

and you, who is constantly begging for free everything should be happy here.. it is free, everywhere on earth, they'll house and feed you for 10 days and you don't have to pay half a paisa, they don't speak about religion or aim to convert anyone.. they say sikh, musalman, atheist, parsi, hindu...koi bhi aaye, they'll leave being sikh, musalman, hindu, just better versions .. koi compulsion nahi hai to say such things as "mera upar wala best and only, baaki sab ka farzi hai "

log gym jaate apni biceps aka dolai banane.. log mind ko mazboot karne ka itna nahi sochte.. mind ki exercise hai bhai, simple.. no hokus pokus, no sky daddy, no blue gods.. nothing

azma ke dekho, nahi pasand to koi gal ni.. karte roho apna jo bhi kar rahe

kasam se, main foreign musalmano ko mila hu.. full samarthan/endorse kartai hain is brain exercise ko

stop being so bitter about life, have you failed to see how literally nobody cares for your ideas here ? not Indians, not Pakistanis, not muslims, not even communists (are there any even here?)

sorry to break it to you, but your ideas have zero takers.. stage 5, acceptance pe aa jao

apni bakwaasein kam kro yaar, you just turn people off from whatever it is you may have to say by being... you.

and I know this is just an online forum where we all somewhat hide behind a veil of anonymity but har username ke peeche ek insaan hai.. but where is your insaaniyat ?

@Joe Shearer sahab ki shayad baat samjho ge

Yeh bhot tough course hai, 10 hours a day or something of 9 days of meditation only, no contact with outside world or even eye contact with fellow coursemates allowed, a super sattvik diet.. tough stuff, far from a "retreat" , most tap out quickly, can't handle it..

As I said, take care of cats and that would be enough meditation and this whilst living in the world and also enabling a harmonious society.

and you, who is constantly begging for free everything should be happy here.. it is free, everywhere on earth, they'll house and feed you for 10 days and you don't have to pay half a paisa, they don't speak about religion or aim to convert anyone.. they say sikh, musalman, atheist, parsi, hindu...koi bhi aaye, they'll leave being sikh, musalman, hindu, just better versions .. koi compulsion nahi hai to say such things as "mera upar wala best and only, baaki sab ka farzi hai "

So they will house and feed me free for 10 days. What after that ? They should tell that to this poor and starving man in Rajasthan in 2020 who was recorded feeding off the carcass of a dog on a highway because he didn't have money to buy food. A good-hearted man stopped his car and gave him food and water and money. Those vipassana teachers and students should suffer like this and then they will understand that it is not vipassana but progressive political and socio-economic change that will bring real harmony to them and their surrounding society.

stop being so bitter about life, have you failed to see how literally nobody cares for your ideas here ? not Indians, not Pakistanis, not muslims, not even communists (are there any even here?)

sorry to break it to you, but your ideas have zero takers.. stage 5, acceptance pe aa jao

Yet the threads I have created, whether they be the Kashmir solution one or the new socio-economic system one or others, run for many pages. :)

And sensible ideas do have minimal or no takers in the beginning. I am a Muslim and a Communist and both these ideas went through the same process.

As I said, take care of cats and that would be enough meditation and this whilst living in the world and also enabling a harmonious society.
I do take care of cats, and dogs, and have donated to various animal shelters.

So they will house and feed me free for 10 days. What after that ? They should tell that to this poor and starving man in Rajasthan in 2020 who was recorded feeding off the carcass of a dog on a highway because he didn't have money to buy food. A good-hearted man stopped his car and gave him food and water and money. Those vipassana teachers and students should suffer like this and then they will understand that it is not vipassana but progressive political and socio-economic change that will bring real harmony to them and their surrounding society.
a meditation practice like that does make you kind hearted

also, you don't sound particularly kind hearted when wishing suffering upon others

excerpts:

"The practice of mettā-bhāvanā (meditation of loving-kindness) is an important adjunct to the technique of Vipassana meditation - indeed, it is its logical outcome. It is a technique whereby we radiate loving-kindness and goodwill toward all beings, deliberately charging the atmosphere around us with the calming, positive vibrations of pure and compassionate love. The Buddha instructed his followers to develop mettā so as to lead more peaceful and harmonious lives and to help others to do so as well. Students of Vipassana should follow that instruction because mettā gives us a way to share with all others the peace and harmony we are developing.

The chief characteristic of mettā is a benevolent attitude. It culminates in the identification of oneself with all beings, a recognition of the fellowship of all life.

... when negativities are removed by the practice of Vipassana, goodwill naturally wells up in the mind; and emerging from the prison of self-obsession, we begin to concern ourselves with the welfare of others.

... is not prayer; nor is it the hope that an outside agency will help. On the contrary, it is a dynamic process producing a supportive atmosphere where others can act to help themselves.

.. In order to conduct mettā, the mind must be calm, balanced and free from negativity. This is the type of mind developed in the practice of Vipassana. A meditator knows by experience how anger, antipathy, or ill-will destroys peace and frustrates any efforts to help others. Only as hatred is removed and equanimity is developed can we be happy and wish happiness for others. The words "May all beings be happy" have great force only when uttered from a pure mind."

Yet the threads I have created, whether they be the Kashmir solution one or the new socio-economic system one or others, run for many pages. :)

And sensible ideas do have minimal or no takers in the beginning. I am a Muslim and a Communist and both these ideas went through the same process.
pages full of people debunking/debating you, you mean ;)

c'mon, even you know it, nobody is onboard with your new economic system or your idea of Islam. You are essentially doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results... as an example, seriously, I find myself in agreement with Areesh more that you sometimes.

I also watch, read, and generally try and keep up with what a lot of the lefties are saying but yeh Gaddafi waali batein nobody does. Have you considered trying to become a normal left winger ? you can still maintain agency and talk crap about BJP/RSS/Modi Ji/right wingers and capitalists in general :D

Yeh bhot tough course hai, 10 hours a day or something of 9 days of meditation only, no contact with outside world or even eye contact with fellow coursemates allowed, a super sattvik diet.

Why is that ?

as an example, seriously, I find myself in agreement with Areesh more that you sometimes.

Areesh is an idiot who wants to be a bully. Wait for me to tag him in an appropriate thread.

On the contrary, it is a dynamic process producing a supportive atmosphere where others can act to help themselves.

Sounds like something an MBA is making a presentation in his outsourcing-based company in Bangalore or Pune or Gurgaon.

pages full of people debunking/debating you, you mean ;)

c'mon, even you know it, nobody is onboard with your new economic system or your idea of Islam. You are essentially doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results...

That is okay. Some people are considering positively and some negating. But that is why exists this discussion forum. All radical ideas have considerers and negaters.

And about doing the same thing over and over, what's wrong with that ? Even Elon Musk repeats some things again and again. Is he disrespected for that ?

Last edited:
Why is that ?
light on your body food, your metabolism doesn't have to work that hard to digest it.

it's good for the duration of the course, simple khao, without any meat or spices, too much oil etc.. it is probably a good practice otherwise also just for health reasons

full on kebabchi and daruchi here though, so I cant say I keep up with it.. but I can recognize good stuff for what it is, going to the gym is also good.. this meditation is a gym for your mind and soul.

Areesh is an idiot who is trying to be a bully. Wait for me to tag him in an appropriate thread.
Read his stuff for years now, Raza (razpak) ka chhota bhai hai lol

it's all good if you don't take it super seriously

in fact, don't take life super seriously would be my advise to everyone :P

@doorstar Nice work :D

1637194973198.png

1637195004932.png

Seeing as he's "the son of Indus"....looks to be OsmanAli/Yankeestani.

@Sainthood 101 What do you have to say for yourself now huh. :lol:

:police:

prefer him to you any day. and no, he is not OsmanAli/Yankeestani. I posted before thinking and the eagle locked the thread before I could remove it.

you wasted you four likes on me, please take them back

Lmao.....where did I hurt you? :D
you wasted you four likes on me, please take them back

No :bunny:
I posted before thinking and the eagle locked the thread before I could remove it.

Is this a confession to being part of the troll team or helping them? :lol:

Man, I don't even remember saying that but here you're holding a grudge like a old uncle. Tsk tsk.

Of course, I did say that. Just that I forgive and forget. And also forget if I have hurt anyone too. :D

I humbly apologize for those words. Is that good enough? Or you want me to get on my knees? :ashamed:

I know this might not (or might) change your opinion about me but that's not the point. The point is that I hold no ill will towards you. If you do towards me, well that's fine with me. :enjoy:

My first 2 posts are from 2019....more than 2 years ago....

And my last post....all I did was ask for a source which you probably didn't even provide. You hate Pashtuns or something?

I know they kicked British butts many time...

Oh wait....did I say something bad this time too? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I have enormous respect for you personally, but not for all your positions.

First, about Vipassana, having gone through something parallel during my professional education, I can vouch for the good effects of such a fundamental exercise on the psyche. That experience was, like this, entirely secular, entirely devoid of any reference to the transcendental or to divinity in any shape or form. I believe that Vipassana may be tremendously useful for people who need to get sorted, and am sorry to see you scoffing at it without much apparent provocation (I haven't gone through earlier posts, so there might have been a clue there somewhere).

Second, about acquiring tranquillity through good thoughts and good actions, it can take place as you have said, but it needs the prior experience of stabilising one's consciousness. Without that, we run the risk of becoming fetish worshippers, worshipping cats (as an example: or cows, or gibbons) as a recurrent habit with no meaning but to funnel our thoughts and consciousness into smooth and regulated channels. Smooth as in requiring no engagement with reality, regulated as in almost automatic and also requiring no engagement with reality.

Third, about the poor and turning our full attention on them, totally agree. But that is another jihad.

We know this is an abusive relationship

But who is abusing who?
The male abusing older, ugly woman for money
Or older woman abusing younger man for pleasure?

Back
Top Bottom