What's new

Whatever

Video not working

I think it is still working, what you need to do is just click it

Kakak is brother? :unsure: Pretty sure that is sister and abang is brother

We can use both, for West Sumatran we call uni for older sister (similar with Korean) and uda for abang/kakak laki laki

And she shouldnt name her video "weird things" its cultural...I mean just coz Western culture is a norm doesnt mean it doesnt have weird stuff too....I would have preferred if she said CULTURAL things Indonesians do!

Yes, I think you are right, and most part of the cultural thing in the video is brought by Islam teaching

No.7 MBAK is called housekeepers and is a luxury in West.

Mbak is also a call for any women and older woman up to 5 years above us. Lot older Woman is called Ibu, Ibu is also used for mother (beside mama) and respected woman like our boss and something similar. I think you have already known that.

No.9 She thinks that NY is walking alot...come to Europe ;)

How about using bicycle.....:azn:

Talking about Alay, maybe it should be called as kampungan or norak or just like someone just coming from village and then suddenly live in big and modern town.

Exactly, it works perfectly for me.. both of them :) ..
Thanks for sharing
I find a lot of common things which I guess are due to the shared religion like respecting the elders, not calling elders with their name but with titles, using right hand, eating food with hands (but washing them before) and cleaning... etc. Also there is a trend of having drivers and maids in Pakistan though I think it is getting less common but still my father has a driver and servants who live in the servant quarters within the boundary of the home.

Last edited:
e3241fb325d52d7a039f8aa6a60a19c1.jpg

No.9 She thinks that NY is walking alot...come to Europe ;)
We walk and bike a lot thanks to the good infrastructure for both (sidewalks and dedicated bike lanes) .. ..on average I walk and bike 10+ km daily.

Last edited:
@jamahir I know you not like hounds but credit where credit is due :P

Yeah, I don't like dogs. :)

Though I would have watched this vid but problem is that I still haven't updated my Slax OS installation, which means that I still haven't watched one Snow Leopard baby vid that you had posted.

Turns out that I would need to install an .ISO file on a pen drive for a new Slax Linux OS installation. @Zibago , any advise on how best to do this ??

And django bhai, do you have YouTube version of this hound vid ??

And this is the vlog to understand Indonesian more :)

The girl is pretty, and funny too.

And I too like to crack my fingers. :agree:

Also, the cylindrical pillow is called "Gau takiya" at least in my family. "Gau" comes from "Gol" which means round, and "Takiya" means pillow.

This is for the weird things we do :D

@Dubious @jamahir @Zibago @Nilgiri

It is more hygienic to wash the butt after being to the loo. I find toilet paper to be a disgusting business.

Also, in India too there are a lot of motorcycles, which people start using when they in college. I find motorcycles to be a nuisance below they cause traffic problems and are dangerous too for the riders themselves. Many people get killed when they are hit by bigger vehicles when they are riding a motorbike.

This is like Moore's Law for jeans.

Anyone who cannot play this vid should right-click on the link at the top of the vid and open in new tab.

Last edited:
Turns out that I would need to install an .ISO file on a pen drive for a new Slax Linux OS installation. @Zibago , any advise on how best to do this ??
I didnt like the slax interface but i know how to do it just make the USB bootable through unetbootin or rufus
It works out of the box if you like its interface (which i dont as it requires too much tinkering to make it the way i want)

Never got the hype of ripped jeans partially because they look stupid and mainly because i have hairy legs :D
@jamahir @RealNapster

Zibago miyan, pen di siri choddiye aur mera pen drive ka question boliye.

---

@padamchen , watch this 2011 interview by a British journalist, Morris Herman, of a Kurdish young man who has lived in Britain since he was 10.

The interview gives a fairly good understanding of Kurdish, Alevi etc topics.

I'm on my phone so cannot finger someone further ....

But appears the PKK are actually strongly Zoroastrian.

And from.wjat I read about how they operate with their cadre, I daresay fanatically so ....

Now the Alevis. Way more Zoroastrian than Shia, and Shi'ism itself is Zoroastrianized Islam.

Which means Assad is a brother.

And brothers are at war.

What's new eh?

Looks to me like we are on the green shoots of Zoroastrian revivalism in Iranic people as radicalised Islam drives home the identity versus faith crisis deeper through barbarianism.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
But appears the PKK are actually strongly Zoroastrian.

You got this impression from the interview ??

I had watched the interview in 2011 and not fully after 2011. So I will have to watch it again.

Now the Alevis. Way more Zoroastrian than Shia

What gives yiou this idea ??

Shi'ism itself is Zoroastrianized Islam

Would you say the Shia faith is Zoroastrianized Islam or Iranized Islam ??

Which means Assad is a brother.

And brothers are at war.

Assad vs who ??

Looks to me like we are on the green shoots of Zoroastrian revivalism in Iranic people as radicalised Islam drives home the identity versus faith crisis deeper through barbarianism.

Hmm.

This is how it appears on my screen:
Capture.JPG

We can use both, for West Sumatran we call uni for older sister (similar with Korean) and uda for abang/kakak laki laki
ahan...Kakak laki laki sounds funny to me... sorry :p:

Mbak is also a call for any women and older woman up to 5 years above us. Lot older Woman is called Ibu, Ibu is also used for mother (beside mama) and respected woman like our boss and something similar. I think you have already known that.
I knew Ibu ....

You got this impression from the interview ??

I had watched the interview in 2011 and not fully after 2011. So I will have to watch it again.

What gives yiou this idea ??

Would you say the Shia faith is Zoroastrianized Islam or Iranized Islam ??

Assad vs who ??

Hmm.

Haven't watched the interview yet. Been reading about the Kurds and the Turks.

It's an ethnic war which is turning religious.

I've been reading about the Syrians and the Kurds. And there was a really nice piece on the Alevi. There are 4 distinct forms. Ranging from Arabized to Turkified to Iranic to amore Christianified version. I can share it once I get to my laptop.

Assad Vs the Kurds obviously.

It's what will eventually happen much closer to the soul in Iran. Though I pray it's bloodless.

Cheers, Doc

And this is the vlog to understand Indonesian more :)
ok now it works...Maybe something wrong with my net yesterday and just now :unsure:

Sorry about that! Yea those 10 things are similar to Malays in other parts of South East Asia esp no.5 I learnt that and still do it

Back
Top Bottom