What's new

Whatever

If Musharraf was a dictator, he would resist his dethronement by any means and would be in power up till now. Or at least bad mouth the country while sitting abroad. Which isn't the case. He had to fill the vacuum that Nawaz the Corrupt created. Now, Nawaz the Corrupt is behind the bars. Every action of Parvez Musharraf is vindicated with the time, if we understand. Someday we will understand IA.
It is my firm belief that much sas I despise Nawaz but that Musharaf was worse. Between the two I would choose Nawaz. Musharaf was gutless, scheming, big mouth who sold the countries strategic security to continue his reign in power. Nawaz is simply corrupt. Musharaf did far more damage to Pakistan's strategic interests then the damage Nawaz's corrupt practices did.

It is my firm belief that much sas I despise Nawaz but that Musharaf was worse. Between the two I would choose Nawaz. Musharaf was gutless, scheming, big mouth who sold the countries strategic security to continue his reign in power. Nawaz is simply corrupt. Musharaf did far more damage to Pakistan's strategic interests then the damage Nawaz's corrupt practices did.
100% agreed. The more I know about him the more I detest him. I used to like him..a lot in fact. But I never liked NS.
Musharaf is the reason, I became 100% opposed to military take over. Musharraf is the only military dictator whose rule I have seen in my life ..Zia and Ayub left the world even before my birth. But I guess when these dictators take over, they are not independent rather they look for approval from the international establishment. Thus Musharaf let NS go because it international establishment wanted so... Similarly, he did NRO, gave up uniform and even resigned and let Zardari rule... However the guy is a schemer.. His planning was that if he lets NS and Zardari, rule soon the people of Pakistan will realise how good his time was so he will enter the politics like a victorious general. He made so many compromise like he revived MQM which was almost dead and just a few more strokes from the state would have eliminated it...but he strengthened them and totally ignored their crimes..let them hijack Karachi and commit crimes with total impunity.
He did nothing to build dams rather he let India get away with all the violations and cases in ICJ and WB while he could have used his influence and contacts in US admin to Pakistan's benefit but the selfish rat was more concerned about his retirement plan than Pakistan.
He even let the enemy build the fence along LoC and did nothing and rather he did more harm... to the Kashmir's cause.
The icing on the cake is his joining of the US war of terror against Islam and Pakistan. He did not even consult corps commanders.
Now the shitter is hiding like a rat in UAE...all he does is issue an empty statement against Gangadesh every now and then so as to stay in the news...And with IK's ascent to the PM office, his chances have become too dim and soon people will realise that on how many account he failed the nation. Thus he is not happy with this change in Pakistan.

Last edited:
@Zibago @war&peace @Indus Pakistan @BHarwana @PakSword
Excellent article by Moeed Yusuf.

Sycophant culture
FOR now, the mention of Prime Minister Imran Khan seems synonymous with hope. Even those opposed to him seem willing to go with the argument that it’s worth testing someone new.
Of course, he isn’t the first leader to espouse such massive hope. Many statesmen around the world have. But only a few have lived up to the expectations.
So what should the new prime minister do to end up on the winning side? Since the elections, newspaper columns have been filled with solid advice for him. Still, I find one missing link: how should he conduct himself to avoid falling prey to the perverse political culture that pervades our system? At the heart of this perversion lies the curse of sycophancy.
Sycophancy is the brain-eating amoeba of Pakistani politics. It affects everyone — the upright and the compromised. Sycophants are simply rational actors who recognise that sucking up to the boss offers greater benefit than objective critique in cultures with weak integrity and an absence of meritocracy.
To be sure, different leaders have different levels of susceptibility to sycophancy. But no one comes into office believing that they’ll fall for it. Yet, most end up addicted. Leaders tend to get surrounded by a group of people who act as gatekeepers. The leader’s reality begins to be shaped; they gradually lose touch with the view on the street. This problem tends to be acuter in contexts like Pakistan’s where there is no end to bad news; praise, genuine or not, offers leaders welcome relief from the constant stress and anguish of dealing with the country’s myriad problems.
Talk to people who worked for Benazir, Musharraf, or Nawaz and they’ll tell you how each one’s inner circle changed from the candid and objective to the sycophants over time; how this was perfectly correlated with these leaders’ transformation from being patient listeners to imposers of their will and dismissive of anything unflattering.
Khan won’t be immune to these pressures. And no matter how different he may be from his predecessors, sycophancy will begin to affect his outlook unless he consciously acts to nip it in the bud now.
First, he will need to deal with his immediate surroundings. Four steps are in order: one, explicitly tell the cabinet that they are barred from praising Imran Khan, the individual; make an example of the ones who think he’s bluffing. Two, appoint one or two individuals to attend cabinet meetings specifically to play devil’s advocate in every policy conversation — in military terms, ‘red team’ it. Three, regularly meet different opinion-makers (policy experts, journalists, business elite) who are critical of you; let them speak their mind and absorb what makes sense — appreciate them and force your team to act upon their constructive suggestions. Four, keep the gatekeepers — formal ones like your principal secretary or military secretary or self-anointed ones pretending to protect you from the riffraff — in check.
econd, Khan should rule Pakistan as a last-term prime minister. As the political realities of an in-power party hit home, so will the inherent tradeoffs between populist, vote-solidifying moves and decisions that are in the country’s long-term interests but could hurt a government’s support-base. As this begins to become apparent, sycophants will pounce. They’ll convince the boss that visionary decisions with only long-term gains will force them out of power. Often, this argument becomes potent as a leader gets into the second half of his or her term in office. In the PTI’s case, Khan’s populist promises and the sky-high expectations associated with him could make it attractive much earlier. To forestall this, Khan needs to shun any conversation that pleads populism for re-election over merit-based decision-making.
Third, the prime minister should devolve important decision-making in ways that make it unattractive for sycophants to target him. Khan should consider his job to be a recruiter-at-large and resist any and every urge to micromanage things. Pakistan’s problems are too vast and complex for a hands-on leadership approach to work. Instead, the prime minister’s time should be spent recruiting the best talent for the key public-sector political and technocratic positions around the country and empowering them to deliver results. The sycophants would then find more value in flocking to these decision-makers. This is a far less damaging prospect as long as the prime minister can set up a mechanism to evaluate the performance of these individuals on a regular basis and penalise those unable to perform — because the sycophants have got the better of them or otherwise.
All this is easier said than done. But evidence is unflinching: you fall for it and you become delusional — no matter who you are.

@war&peace Bhai he is trying to "bait" you into a futile head spinning debate, best to be alert :lol:.Kudos bhai

Who will have futile debate with me

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

images3.jpg

Nawaz is simply corrupt? Did you miss sir, how he tried to save himself on the cost of Pakistan. By the grace of God, all his acts were defused before they would escalate. By whom, you would know.

100% agreed. The more I know about him the more I detest him. I used to like him..a lot in fact. But I never liked NS.
Musharaf is the reason, I became 100% opposed to military take over. Musharraf is the only military dictator whose rule I have seen in my life ..Zia and Ayub left the world even before my birth. But I guess when these dictators take over, they are not independent rather they look for approval from the international establishment. Thus Musharaf let NS go because it international establishment wanted so... Similarly, he did NRO, gave up uniform and even resigned and let Zardari rule... However the guy is a schemer.. His planning was that if he lets NS and Zardari, rule soon the people of Pakistan will realise how good his time was so he will enter the politics like a victorious general. He made so many compromise like he revived MQM which was almost dead and just a few more strokes from the state would have eliminated it...but he strengthened them and totally ignored their crimes..let them hijack Karachi and commit crimes with total impunity.
He did nothing to build dams rather he let India get away with all the violations and cases in ICJ and WB while he could have used his influence and contacts in US admin to Pakistan's benefit but the selfish rat was more concerned about his retirement plan than Pakistan.
He even let the enemy build the fence along LoC and did nothing and rather he did more harm... to the Kashmir's cause.
The icing on the cake is his joining of the US war of terror against Islam and Pakistan. He did not even consult corps commanders.
Now the shitter is hiding like a rat in UAE...all he does is issue an empty statement against Gangadesh every now and then so as to stay in the news...And with IK's ascent to the PM office, his chances have become too dim and soon people will realise that on how many account he failed the nation. Thus he is not happy with this change in Pakistan.

As if Musharraf had come from Mars. He belonged to an institution and I believe that institution was very much awake and aware of what the Musharraf was doing. Musharraf acted on the policy of the institution as a whole. So all the blames go to that institution and put its efficiency, credibility and loyalty on question mark.

It is easy now to comment what should have been done but when you are in the very situation and know what's coming and inevitable, you take the decision there and then. Musharraf did lots of good things and left many things. As the expectations were high.

After five years you'll be blaming Imran Khan as well for not doing many things as in his case too expectations are high.

Ok guys i need some help, in past i used to buy books when i was in Taxila or even after we moved i went to Islamabad/Rawalpindi every once or twice a year and would buy everything on my list. Now for two three recent trips, i failed to find the books on my list so it is growing.

Can anyone here help me and point me to a good online store from where i can buy some books? the conditions are:

1. Need paper back, NOT E-BOOKS!!
  2. They deliver in Pakistan
  3. Price - will like to spend less and buy more books rather than spending highly on one or two. Previously, i would have usually bought from Old Book Bank in Sadar pindi, you get good cheap pirated copies :P
Any one?

@Zibago @war&peace @Indus Pakistan @BHarwana @PakSword
Excellent article by Moeed Yusuf.

Sycophant culture
FOR now, the mention of Prime Minister Imran Khan seems synonymous with hope. Even those opposed to him seem willing to go with the argument that it’s worth testing someone new.
Of course, he isn’t the first leader to espouse such massive hope. Many statesmen around the world have. But only a few have lived up to the expectations.
So what should the new prime minister do to end up on the winning side? Since the elections, newspaper columns have been filled with solid advice for him. Still, I find one missing link: how should he conduct himself to avoid falling prey to the perverse political culture that pervades our system? At the heart of this perversion lies the curse of sycophancy.
Sycophancy is the brain-eating amoeba of Pakistani politics. It affects everyone — the upright and the compromised. Sycophants are simply rational actors who recognise that sucking up to the boss offers greater benefit than objective critique in cultures with weak integrity and an absence of meritocracy.
To be sure, different leaders have different levels of susceptibility to sycophancy. But no one comes into office believing that they’ll fall for it. Yet, most end up addicted. Leaders tend to get surrounded by a group of people who act as gatekeepers. The leader’s reality begins to be shaped; they gradually lose touch with the view on the street. This problem tends to be acuter in contexts like Pakistan’s where there is no end to bad news; praise, genuine or not, offers leaders welcome relief from the constant stress and anguish of dealing with the country’s myriad problems.
Talk to people who worked for Benazir, Musharraf, or Nawaz and they’ll tell you how each one’s inner circle changed from the candid and objective to the sycophants over time; how this was perfectly correlated with these leaders’ transformation from being patient listeners to imposers of their will and dismissive of anything unflattering.
Khan won’t be immune to these pressures. And no matter how different he may be from his predecessors, sycophancy will begin to affect his outlook unless he consciously acts to nip it in the bud now.
First, he will need to deal with his immediate surroundings. Four steps are in order: one, explicitly tell the cabinet that they are barred from praising Imran Khan, the individual; make an example of the ones who think he’s bluffing. Two, appoint one or two individuals to attend cabinet meetings specifically to play devil’s advocate in every policy conversation — in military terms, ‘red team’ it. Three, regularly meet different opinion-makers (policy experts, journalists, business elite) who are critical of you; let them speak their mind and absorb what makes sense — appreciate them and force your team to act upon their constructive suggestions. Four, keep the gatekeepers — formal ones like your principal secretary or military secretary or self-anointed ones pretending to protect you from the riffraff — in check.
econd, Khan should rule Pakistan as a last-term prime minister. As the political realities of an in-power party hit home, so will the inherent tradeoffs between populist, vote-solidifying moves and decisions that are in the country’s long-term interests but could hurt a government’s support-base. As this begins to become apparent, sycophants will pounce. They’ll convince the boss that visionary decisions with only long-term gains will force them out of power. Often, this argument becomes potent as a leader gets into the second half of his or her term in office. In the PTI’s case, Khan’s populist promises and the sky-high expectations associated with him could make it attractive much earlier. To forestall this, Khan needs to shun any conversation that pleads populism for re-election over merit-based decision-making.
Third, the prime minister should devolve important decision-making in ways that make it unattractive for sycophants to target him. Khan should consider his job to be a recruiter-at-large and resist any and every urge to micromanage things. Pakistan’s problems are too vast and complex for a hands-on leadership approach to work. Instead, the prime minister’s time should be spent recruiting the best talent for the key public-sector political and technocratic positions around the country and empowering them to deliver results. The sycophants would then find more value in flocking to these decision-makers. This is a far less damaging prospect as long as the prime minister can set up a mechanism to evaluate the performance of these individuals on a regular basis and penalise those unable to perform — because the sycophants have got the better of them or otherwise.
All this is easier said than done. But evidence is unflinching: you fall for it and you become delusional — no matter who you are.

Oh I didn't get the notification. Right now I'm working but I will read it later. Thanks for the tag.

Saeed Book Depot

If true time to go after all political parties ruthlessly. And make sure corrupt thugs like Nawaz don't come out
Indeed Hazrat, their is only one political party which made deals with TTP, if any such scenario occurs where life of PM Kaptaan is threatened I swear the public will drag Shebhaz out of his mansion and he will receive treatment worse than Dr Najibullah.Kudos Hazrat

Indeed Hazrat, their is only one political party which made deals with TTP, if any such scenario occurs where life of PM Kaptaan is threatened I swear the public will drag Shebhaz out of his mansion and he will receive treatment worse than Dr Najibullah.Kudos Hazrat
There is a sahafi involved in it. He is a TTP mouthpiece and sympathiser and defends NS in media.

There is a sahafi involved in it. He is a TTP mouthpiece and sympathiser and defends NS in media.
ISI should liquidate the swine ASAP, for if heaven forbid these swines achieve their goal then their will be an absolute national calamity.Kudos bro

ISI should liquidate the swine ASAP, for if heaven forbid these swines achieve their goal then their will be an absolute national calamity.Kudos bro
Our state should act more swiftly and pre-empt any such plans and arrest all possible elements. We should not keep waiting for something to happen before we start the action.
I personally think after this meeting and release of the pics and statements, the number of enemies of Imran Khan and Pakistan have gone up so Imran Khan must go easy of austerity drive a bit and take his security more seriously.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom