What's new

Whatever

Born and bred. :dirol:

OK, that complicates things then. Here's the criteria for Pakistani nationals applying for study permits.

https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/studies/studietillatelse/?c=pak#link-58

Capture.JPG

NBS is an accredited school so that meets NOKUT's requirements. Your finances would be the biggest concern. Healthcare insurance remains a requirement at universities, despite UDI's student residency not showing it. So be mindful of that as well, it could effect your acceptance and thus status for residency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Techno; I owe you one. :kiss3:

Do you think you meet the requirements? The money comes out to about 12000 USD per year as a requirement.

Also I'm not sure if you saw the amendment I added, but healthcare insurance is still a requirement for university acceptance, so it could also impact your residency.

What are your top five desired nations (schools too if you're feeling like sharing) in order of preference?

Do you think you meet the requirements? The money comes out to about 12000 USD per year as a requirement.

Also I'm not sure if you saw the amendment I added, but healthcare insurance is still a requirement for university acceptance, so it could also impact your residency.

What are your top five desired nations (schools too if you're feeling like sharing) in order of preference?

See heres the thing; I'm only going to consider a PhD at a school that, apart from taking me in, is fully funded which means I'm gonna have to look those up alongside a good research proposal and a pretty good GRE/GMAT score.

See heres the thing; I'm only going to consider a PhD at a school that, apart from taking me in, is fully funded which means I'm gonna have to look those up alongside a good research proposal and a pretty good GRE/GMAT score.

Have any in Norway met those requirements for you? If fully funded that'd solve the financial requirement for student residency, though you'd still need money to live on outside of what's required by UDI.

I know you're busy, but drop by more often!! The forum's a better place when you're around to lighten our mood:happy:.

Have any in Norway met those requirements for you? If fully funded that's solve the financial requirement for student residency, though you'd still need money to live on outside of what's required by UDI.

To be very honest I haven't really looked at that in so much detail yet. I was just looking at the possibilities that are out there for me and one of them, and might say the most personally attractive one of them, is to go for a doctorate. I've been doing some research right now but I'm saving some more indepth research for the weekend.

To be honest still, uptill a week ago I was resigned to the possibility of working a 9 to 5 job before I realised that I really...really do miss the research and the preparation of consultancy reports. So right now I'm in the middle of asking my friends and colleagues who applied for PhDs, as to where to I begin and then whats the next step. Because I honestly don't know where to begin.

The reason I asked you about Norway was because if I go for something like this I'd like to do this on a more long term basis, as I said. Which is to say with the possibility of maybe eventually working there and who knows maybe even settle down.

I know you're busy, but drop by more often!! The forum's a better place when you're around to lighten our mood:happy:.

Thank you; you always do manage to put a smile on my face. I've missed you too. :)

And I miss Freyja as well; I wish that she'd drop by every now and then too. :)

@Zaki did you delete my post? open a private discussion.............. i cant even do that. and besides what there to hide????????????????????????????

@Zaki did you delete my post? open a private discussion.............. i cant even do that. and besides what there to hide????????????????????????????
You tag her here and continue discussion or she can open conversation with you.

Off topic discussion destroys the purpose of this thread as announcements are kade to convey message and not debate on it

Thank you

You tag her here and continue discussion or she can open conversation with you.

Off topic discussion destroys the purpose of this thread as announcements are kade to convey message and not debate on it

Thank you
i think its relevant, if some one was promoted we should know why. and if you ask me to ask her on a separate thread, then some people would miss out on knowing why, and thats just rude.

Back
Top Bottom