What's new

Whatever

Dude, thanks for the info. excuse my ignorance but can you do this by oneself? Make little skits? Is there a website or do you need special tools?

Polandball's official website is this sub-Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/polandball

To make them all you need (and for that sub-Reddit it's mandated or else your submission will be disqualified) is MS paint or photoshop. Both myself and @Technogaianist or whatever my Norwegian lady friend is going by these days are contributors who make and post comics there, but under different names.

Here's one on Pakistan

JFE9Uun.png

There are a few tutorials if you need help making your own:

Last edited:
@Levina @Joe Shearer you are the two people i can think of who will be interested in this video.
Thanks.
The wise man and his words will keep resonating inside my head for long.
I agree to what he said "there's no compulsion".
This is what I read- Qur'an clearly says, “There is no compulsion in religion” (2:257).
It's not just about Muslims, but about every religion. The purpose with which religion was created, was to instill discipline into the life of otherwise inchoate humans. But they don't have to hew to the line or to any pressure. Religions are here only as the guidelines which if followed helps you achieve spiritual progression.

Liberty is every human being's basic right or so I believe. But what I see is an incessant competition to prove "my religion is better than your's" or that "I am a better follower than you are".

Don't be! I'm still decoding it by ear slowly as I don't have a translator at hand.
And most of that Like came from trust in MK & you piling on top of my skimpy
knowledge of Ghamadi including his trek from J&E and his persistent reliance
on ijtihad as it is my second main tool behind logic too.

Liberals unite :yahoo:, I guess? 8-) Tay.
When you do understand it all, you will like it even more, i am SURE about that. If any help is required, i hope you know little about us Pakistanis (things that usually do not come up on TV), ALWAYS ready to help :)
I am impressed by your interest and knowledge on this subject, even though i did not had a chance to see or learn about most of it, still the signs are there sir. :)
On other hand, i wont call myself liberal, to say the truth, THIS is actually what Islam is. The OTHER version that is being branded and marketed vigorously these days is NOT what Islam tells us to do. Things are being messed up and being twisted to serve own interest. It is sad that the we Muslims are to be blamed the most for this.

THIS is actually what Islam is. The OTHER version that is being branded and marketed vigorously these days is NOT what Islam tells us to do. Things are being messed up and being twisted to serve own interest. It is sad that the we Muslims are to be blamed the most for this.

Oh, fear not about that, my friend, my interest in Pakistan and Islam is not feigned.
Being rather eclectic, I am a fan of theology both from the spiritual and socio-historic
standpoints. Through time, religions were based on medicine and psychology ( shamans ),
and cosmology ( Hinduism ) which is a precursor to civilizational religions ( Aztecs ).
Then came the single people religion, of it the individual based religion and most recently
Islam.

Also this religious history was influenced by lucky encounters of personal his-story.
My dad was friends with a French monk that had survived the camps and became
a known source on Israël's relation to its God. At a world class college with teachers
chosen on merit and value, we had a marvelous Egyptian ( great folks for religious
history too ) gentleman for the comparative religion class. And by army time, I got to
interact freely with French and North African mullahs & ulemas.

In this light, you have to see my path as beginning with dharma and continuing through
free thought to acceptance of oneself as an attempt that I read in Issa's life and times.
The learned ones I talked to show this to continue in Islam precisely for ijtihad. Better
than to say that I like Ghamadi for that, I could state that I mistrust all religious leaders
that try to pry away the individual conscience right from their flock!
You then can guess why I am as often stated most impressed by the statesman that was
Jinnah and somewhat less by the later addition of Islam
*. But the reverse side of that coin
is that Pakistan thus becomes an interesting laboratory too, a different attempt.

What is messed up is the instrumentalisation of Islam, not Muslims. There are 4 to 5 millions
Muslims in France. Half of those are citizens. A hundred a year turn wacko and dangerous.
That's no bigger a percentage than you'd find in any social subsegment. Muslims are fine.
Heck, there's a huge fight going on over a new law on work conditions with strikes and lots
of grumbling in the population. That law was offered by our Labor Minister tadadam . . .
Myriam El Khomri !!! Well, despite all the ooplah and unrest, I didn't hear one remark on her
origin or faith**; you just don't do that in my country anyway less you be deemed a plouc/moron.
We're not America where over 25% of the population admits thinking Obama is a secret Muslim ...

In short, when good Muslims do good deeds and live good lives, no one reports on that any
more than on good Christians but when groups calling themselves Muslim representatives, as
nations threatening war/nukes on another country or Kalifat wanna-bes with terror and takfir on all
that won't submit, THAT makes the news.
In personal short though, I'd go further than the image problem above and say Islam needs ...
less voices instead.
Everyone is pulling the religious cover to themselves and tearing it apart in the process.

So yes, I see why you'd dispute being a liberal, feeling normal once the fringes are cut off! :wave:

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

* As I saw discussed in a thread during my absence ( and thanks, Levina milady for noticing ),
it is a live concern for some Pakistanis too.

** But then again, I don't hang out with racists and bigots all that much! :whistle:

Last edited:
Oh, fear not about that, my friend, my interest in Pakistan and Islam is not feigned.
Being rather eclectic, I am a fan of theology both from the spiritual and socio-historic
standpoints. Through time, religions were based on medicine and psychology ( shamans ),
and cosmology ( Hinduism ) which is a precursor to civilizational religions ( Aztecs ).
Then came the single people religion, of it the individual based religion and most recently
Islam.

Also this religious history was influenced by lucky encounters of personal his-story.
My dad was friends with a French monk that had survived the camps and became
a known source on Israël's relation to its God. At a world class college with teachers
chosen on merit and value, we had a marvelous Egyptian ( great folks for religious
history too ) gentleman for the comparative religion class. And by army time, I got to
interact freely with French and North African mullahs & ulemas.

In this light, you have to see my path as beginning with dharma and continuing through
free thought to acceptance of oneself as an attempt that I read in Issa's life and times.
The learned ones I talked to show this to continue in Islam precisely for ijtihad. Better
than to say that I like Ghamadi for that, I could state that I mistrust all religious leaders
that try to pry away the individual conscience right from their flock!
You then can guess why I am as often stated most impressed by the statesman that was
Jinnah and somewhat less by the later addition of Islam
*. But the reverse side of that coin
is that Pakistan thus becomes an interesting laboratory too, a different attempt.

What is messed up is the instrumentalisation of Islam, not Muslims. There are 4 to 5 millions
Muslims in France. Half of those are citizens. A hundred a year turn wacko and dangerous.
That's no bigger a percentage than you'd find in any social subsegment. Muslims are fine.
Heck, there's a huge fight going on over a new law on work conditions with strikes and lots
of grumbling in the population. That law was offered by our Labor Minister tadadam . . .
Myriam El Khomri !!! Well, despite all the ooplah and unrest, I didn't hear one remark on her
origin or faith**; you just don't do that in my country anyway less you be deemed a plouc/moron.
We're not America where over 25% of the population thinks Obama is a secret Muslim ...

In short, when good Muslims do good deeds and live good lives, no one reports on that any
more than on good Christians but when groups calling themselves Muslim representatives as
nations threatening war/nukes on another country or Kalifat wanna-bes terror and takfir on all
that won't submit, THAT makes the news.
In personal short though, I'd go further than the image problem above and say Islam needs ...
less voices instead.
Everyone is pulling the religious cover to themselves and tearing it apart in the process.

So yes, I see why you'd dispute being a liberal feeling normal once the fringes are cut off! :wave:

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

* As I saw discussed in a thread during my absence, and thanks, Levina milady for noticing,
it is a live concern for some Pakistanis too.

** But then again, I don't hang out with racists and bigots all that much! :whistle:
I am leaving for Islamabad, but have bookmarked this, will read it properly, i sense it will be a great exp. Will revert back soon sir!!

Thanks!

Polandball's official website is this sub-Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/polandball

To make them all you need (and for that sub-Reddit it's mandated or else your submission will be disqualified) is MS paint or photoshop. Both myself and @Technogaianist or whatever my Norwegian lady friend is going by these days are contributors who make and post comics there, but under different name
Here's one on Pakistan

There are a few tutorials if you need help making your own

Thank you so much for your detailed post. I enjoy the strips you and your friend put up.

Unpleasant truths made more palatable with humor and little round men! :-)

I am definitely going to try this out. I have several ideas for comic strips and it would be nice to see if they work out !

A thought for my hometown

PDFParis-2.png

that is experiencing a tad too much water

PDFParis-1.png

I was there stopping over too quickly as it started last Saturday.
140+ years old records fell. Germany and Belgium are affected too.

May the light shine through soon, Tay.

PDParis3.png

A thought for my hometown

View attachment 308648

that is experiencing a tad too much water

View attachment 308649

I was there stopping over too quickly as it started last Saturday.
140+ years old records fell. Germany and Belgium are affected too.

May the light shine through soon, Tay.

View attachment 308650
I was there in January, a beautiful city, excellent services and unlike most of the other European cities (sorry to say that) i found Paris and Parisians to be quite friendly and good nature people. I say that as i felt there were not deterred much with all that has been going on with those terrorists attacks and what not.
It was an excellent experience.
I hope this tough time passes soon and Paris is restored to its full glory again!!
20160111_110842.jpg

DSCN6198.JPG

Back
Top Bottom