What's new

Whatever

Forgot to share what we do on eid where i come from.
@Akheilos ,@Slav Defence ,@Gufi ,@Armstrong ,@levina ,@IrbiS ,@Shamain ,@Armstrong ,@syedali73 ......
@Sulman Badshah ,@krash @Windjammer , Gilgit interests you guys, so tagging you, thought you would like to know.
After namaz, all the kids in the village would gather in the bazar, some in the surrounding fields. Even scouts. So after namaz everyone would being eggs and play a game. Say you have one egg i have one. And i will hit my egg on top of yours, if mine breaks slightly. You will take the egg, if yours breaks i'll take it.If none break your turn. And so on and on. Local boys play this game, especially on eid. Quite entertaining. Quite a fair game. Nahi pori jan say nahi marna hota. So my cousin got a duck egg, quite old and we won a lot of eggs that day. Good times.
Just thought i'd tell you guy's.
Wow :woot: Interesting...Just goes to highlight how diverse we all are!!! With different interesting cultures and traditions!!!!!! Beats being clones of each other :angel:

We do nothing much just us gals gather and then go house to house (most relatives live in 1 street so not tough job) and used to ask eidi now its just to eat coz we are too big nad 10 Rs doesnt interest us :ashamed:

You should ask syedali73 for true meaning I can't really tell
Acha theek hai

--------------------
just-grumpy-cat_o_1518077.jpg

@Sage grumpy cat hates u.

Thank god i'm not the only one who feels embarrassed for others!:sleep:
-
The Science Behind Secondhand Embarrassment (Fremdscham)

Previously, little research had been conducted on "vicarious embarrassment," but a new study found that watching other people make fools of themselves triggers the part of the brain where we process pain.

In the study by British and German researchers, subjects were presented with descriptions of a series of uncomfortable everyday situations, including someone slipping in mud, leaving their fly open, and burping in a fancy restaurant. Whether the character was aware that they had embarrassed themselves or totally oblivious, the situation caused the regions of the brain related to pain — the anterior cingulate cortex and the left anterior insula — to activate. The reaction in the brain was more intense for the subjects who described themselves as very empathetic.

"We were fascinated about how frequently people report their vicarious embarrassment experiences in everyday life and how little empirical research on this topic exists," said the researchers, according to EurekAlert. "Apparently, there are many occasions where one could experience this vicarious emotion for another currently not feeling anything." The finding suggests that there are two forms of empathy. When we see someone who knows they've behaved inappropriately, we co-experience their feelings. If the person doesn't realize what they've done, we react to our evaluation of the situation.

Source:
Code:
http://jezebel.com/5791928/the-science-behind-your-secondhand-embarrassment

Some comments on the article:

"When I was little I used to leave the room if we were watching an embarrassing scene in a TV show or movie even if I had seen the movie or episode before. I would tell my mom that I was leaving the room to go to the bathroom and when she would try to pause the VCR I would tell her not to worry about it.

Now that i know that my little quirk has a name (and that others experience it too) I can now tell people I'm leaving the room due to second hand embarrassment. Awesome."

"I still do that. I sink into the couch and put my arms over my head. I get way too embarrassed for other people."

"When I see a real-life person doing something real-life embarrassing, I literally get the same sinking feeling in my stomach that I feel when I experience such an embarrassment.
Example: Today I saw a girl with a huge red stain on her butt. didn't know her, but immediately told her and even gave her the crappy sweatshirt I had on to tie around her waist. I felt obligated to tell her because if that were me, I'd want to know."

"I am overwhelmed by horror and embarrassment on behalf of the people."
-

Have you guys ever felt embarrassed for a stranger?
@jamahir :D
@levina :P

Last edited:
Me. am a huge fan. Love his voice. This one: Magical stuff. Makes me emotional every time, and those goosebumps. Used to listen to it when i was a kid, very small. PTV on 14 August. Can't get enough of this guy. Rahat is quite good too. Favorite song?
bujhi huwi shama ka dhuan hoon it is so calming

After namaz, all the kids in the village would gather in the bazar, some in the surrounding fields. Even scouts. So after namaz everyone would being eggs and play a game. Say you have one egg i have one. And i will hit my egg on top of yours, if mine breaks slightly. You will take the egg, if yours breaks i'll take it.If none break your turn. And so on and on. Local boys play this game, especially on eid. Quite entertaining. Quite a fair game. Nahi pori jan say nahi marna hota. So my cousin got a duck egg, quite old and we won a lot of eggs that day. Good times.
That is fun

no i have broken ur secret . She hatęs u for a reason
مت جاو pdf say plzzzzzz plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
But i have promises to keep and miles to go before i sleep and miles to go before i sleep :alcoholic:

It's all fun and games until someone snaps your finger. Life Lessons. :coffee:
I dare snap my fingers

Sharing boogers is a sign of true love. LOL :omghaha:
Adds xeno ensi to ignore list
I always had trouble understanding why everyone was having such a hard time with math. :coffee:
Me too. But calculus could make a mess sometimes. With everything approaching something '-------> 0 , u wanna smack the book hard on that person's face who invented it. But then some while later u willbe in love with all the madness.

Btw its very easy to snap my fingers, someone once did,. True story.

----------------
@Sage this is sooo می
unnamed.jpg

Yaaar i am feeling tooo اداس right now and i am leaving now. فرانس walon itni asani say tau nahi janay dena

Back
Top Bottom