What's new

Whatever

Thank you.

Just for further clarification, I found it easiest to click on قناص's name, then open his profile in a new tab and copy his name from the address bar.

turorial 1.PNG

Now that his profile box is open, right click on it and open it in a new tab.

Copy his name from the address bar

tutorial.PNG

Paste it after an "@" onto a message.

Dark mudkip i suppose .Isn't mudkip suppose to be blue or something.
images
Not communist Mudkip.

url.jpg

Copy his name, paste it after an "@"

@قناص

And hello قناص - just proving you can be tagged, it just takes some getting used to. Not as intuitive as a normal name. My name is problematic too, due to its Swedish characters.
When I tagged you 1st time, had no idea how to write name then copied it. I thought it's Ruski

When I tagged you 1st time, had no idea how to write name then copied it. I thought it's Ruski

Yeah, I've noticed that it takes at least two letters before the tag-suggestion feature comes up, but since only the first letter, the "v" is standard English, I can't be tagged without copying my name. Neither the "i" nor the "d" are English characters, they're traditional Swedish runes.

:angry: Thanks Kai:pissed:!!!

Oh, and the name was taken from this guy - Víðarr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

photo.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I've noticed that it takes at least two letters before the tag-suggestion feature comes up, but since only the first letter, the "v" is standard English, I can't be tagged without copying my name. Neither the "i" nor the "d" are English characters, their traditional Swedish runes.

:angry: Thanks Kai:pissed:!!!

Oh, and the name was taken from this guy - Víðarr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 211199
god or should say goddess of vengeance :fie::fie::fie::fie:

So that's how we met! Some one tagged you when I joined:partay:.

Did you just indirectly take a dig at my surname ? :o:

You will pay for that insult ! :mad:

funny-aniamls-with-machine-gun[1].gif

@Víðarr - Can I count on you to help me avenge my honor ? :)

:lol:

Sven, I've taken more digs at my surname than most people ever could in a life time ! Thankfully its not in English ! :sarcastic:

b1NIPz5[1].gif

Maybe someday I'll tell how the hotel receptionist in NYC looked at me incredulously when I told him 'Butt' as my surname and how he kept on asking it again and again before asking me to finally write it down. And all the while I'm chuckling throughout before at the end I replied 'its not what you think it is' and we both started laughing ! :rofl:

Did you just indirectly take a dig at my surname ? :o:

You will pay for that insult ! :mad:

View attachment 211248

:lol:

Sven, I've taken more digs at my surname than most people ever could in a life time ! Thankfully its not in English ! :sarcastic:

View attachment 211250

Maybe someday I'll tell how the hotel receptionist in NYC looked at me incredulously when I told him 'Butt' as my surname and how he kept on asking it again and again before asking me to finally write it down. And all the while I'm chuckling throughout before at the end I replied 'its not what you think it is' and we both started laughing ! :rofl:

:o:

Your last name is "Butt"

2288b309475ca19d73d6eda57a6761ad.jpg

:omghaha:

My last name is something unpronounceable.

Uh, I mean, Kai! It's not nice to make fun of other people:angry:

grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

Probably not:p:. But I'll kick his butt anyways.

:o:

Your last name is "Butt"

2288b309475ca19d73d6eda57a6761ad.jpg

:omghaha:

Uh, I mean, Kai! It's not nice to make fun of other people:angry:

View attachment 211254

Probably not:p:. But I'll kick his butt anyways.

It is indeed ! :rofl:

I would often joke to my Grandfather that the wise-guy who thought of naming ourselves as 'the Butt' a few hundred years ago would probably have had a heart-attack if someone handed him an English dictionary ! :omghaha:

Or maybe he was in possession of an English dictionary and this was his way of trolling his posterity for ages to come ! :pleasantry:

Either way thankfully its not in English ! :nono:

@SvenSvensonov I hope you're going to add your name to Vioarr's ! :azn:

You know them Texans used to stamp their cattle with a mark; your name will do the job for a certain Russian cow ! :whistle:

I'm just kidding ma'am ! :ashamed:

It is indeed ! :rofl:

I would often joke to my Grandfather that the wise-guy who thought of naming ourselves as 'the Butt' a few hundred years ago would probably have had a heart-attack if someone handed him an English dictionary ! :omghaha:

Or maybe he was in possession of an English dictionary and this was his way of trolling his posterity for ages to come ! :pleasantry:

Either way thankfully its not in English ! :nono:

Your sense of humor is great:yay:. But good that your not living in the US or England, you's be the literal butt-end of every joke or snicker.

Does it have any special meaning? Kai's last name is an adaptation of the Swedish word for Lime Tree - "Lind":haha:

Tilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@SvenSvensonov I hope you're going to add your name to Vioarr's ! :azn:

You know them Texans used to stamp their cattle with a mark; your name will do the job for a certain Russian cow ! :whistle:

I'm just kidding ma'am ! :ashamed:

Well, I've already been branded with several tattoos of his design/interest. No way am I getting his name put anywhere on me! I'll take his name though, it's proper.

Your sense of humor is great:yay:. But good that your not living in the US or England, you's be the literal butt-end of every joke or snicker.

Does it have any special meaning? Kai's last name is an adaptation of the Swedish word for Lime Tree - "Lind":haha:

Tilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Yet the best determining factor of how comfortable we are with ourselves, is our ability to laugh at ourselves.” (Wes Adamson)

None that I know of; all I know is that amongst the Kashmiris there were Bhatts and Butt is a corruption of that and almost exclusively associated with Kashmiri Muslims. Not that it would make it any less a silly name ! :argh:

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet !
(Romeo & Juliet Act II Scene II)

:smokin:

Well, I've already been branded with several tattoos of his design/interest. No way am I getting his name put anywhere on me! I'll take his name though, it's proper.

I meant you taking his name not a tattoo ! :o:

I'm not sure tattoos are that hygienic to get either ! :undecided:

I meant you taking his name not a tattoo ! :o:

I'm not sure tattoos are that hygienic to get either ! :undecided:

I know what you meant! I was just being a "butt":P. But yes, it's customary for a women to take the man's surname.

I know what you meant! I was just being a "butt":P. But yes, it's customary for a women to take the man's surname.

@Armstrong give me a minute or two. Took the day off to pick up Kai; he's sleeping:lazy2:. I'm ordering a pizza and then going for a walk with the dogs. I'll be back in about 25 minutes.

Last edited:

I hope no pun was intended ! :mad: :lol:

It is; though I dunno why ! Why doesn't a man take his wife's surname ? :unsure:

I like a little what the Arabs do; their daughters carry their father's name into marriage ! Perhaps the rest of us can update it a bit more by ensuring that the children carry both parent's surnames ! :tup:

@Armstrong give me a minute or two. Took the day off to pick of Kai, he's sleeping:lazy2:. I'm ordering a pizza and then going for a walk with the dogs. All be back in about 25 minutes.

Okay ma'am be safe and let the big guy sleep he'd probably be jet-lagged I know I was knackered when I traveled abroad ! :)

So @SvenSvensonov does @Víðarr speak English in that cool way that Harrison Ford did when he was playing the captain of the Soviet submarine K-19 in the movie by the same name ? :azn:

Or has her original and wonderful Russian accent been lost ! :(

Back
Top Bottom