What's new

Whatever

I heard there's a saying in punjabi which when translated means "if you've not visited Lahore then you're not born yet"...or something to that effect.

Yes, it's either
jinnay Lhor ni vekhya oh jammya hi nai
or
jinnay Lhor ni takya oh jammya hi nai
I don' know which one is used more.

Jhoota!!!
I had asked you about this last nite and you replied back now. What should I conclude? :coffee:

Conclude whatever you wish to ! :enjoy:

I know my own city and the axioms associated with it ! :kiss3:

Besides I didn't think you were asking me to tell you that saying...I thought you were merely making an observation ! :undecided:

@DRaisinHerald - Koi reply hiii nahin kiyaa ? :(

Conclude whatever you wish to ! :enjoy:

I know my own city and the axioms associated with it ! :kiss3:
Last nite I was watching "the day India burned" (BBC documentary) and that's when I came to know so much about Lahore. The documentary has made me curious about the city.
By the end of the documentary I had tears in my eyes, ppl of lahore (both Hindus and muslims) had to face unfathomable atrocities.
Besides I didn't think you were asking me to tell you that saying...I thought you were merely making an observation ! :undecided:
sweetie!
I wanted you to confirm it. Aur aapne toh jawab hi nai diya.

Last nite I was watching "the day India burned" (BBC documentary) and that's when I came to know so much about Lahore. The documentary has made me curious about the city.
By the end of the documentary I had tears in my eyes, ppl of lahore (both Hindus and muslims) had to face unfathomable atrocities.

My extended family had to face a lot of that too when they escaped from Kashmir !

I know a guy in the family; only he and his brother made it out of a family of 60 something when they ran from Kashmir. The rest were butchered by their own neighbors of a life time or were cut along the way to Pakistan.

Thankfully my Great-Grandfather had the foresight to move to present day Pakistan in the late 1800s along with countless many Kashmiri Muslims when the Muslims of Kashmir were having a pretty tough time at the hands of the Dogra rulers. Otherwise the world could've been devoid of the presence of Armstrong the Great ! :o:

sweetie!
I wanted you to confirm it. Aur aapne toh jawab hi nai diya.

Auntie itnaa faaltuuu time nahin hotaaa ! :tongue:

Paaji, I was so shocked I almost started to doubt your claims of being a Lahori :eek:

I didn't think it was a question ! :argh:

I thought it was only a statement of what she heard ! :hitwall:

Its like that other thing 'Loorr...loorrr ehhh' - Everyone's heard of those ! :undecided:

My extended family had to face a lot of that too when they escaped from Kashmir !

I know a guy in the family; only he and his brother made it out of a family of 60 something when they ran from Kashmir. The rest were butchered by their own neighbors of a life time or were cut along the way to Pakistan.

Thankfully my Great-Grandfather had the foresight to move to present day Pakistan in the late 1800s along with countless many Kashmiri Muslims when the Muslims of Kashmir were having a pretty tough time at the hands of the Dogra rulers. Otherwise the world could've been devoid of the presence of Armstrong the Great ! :o:
Hindus who escaped from Lahore 've something similar to say.
Have you watched that documentary?

Auntie itnaa faaltuuu time nahin hotaaa ! :tongue:
Phuleez!
You will look like my uncle if I were to stand with you. You know it :P

Paaji, I was so shocked I almost started to doubt your claims of being a Lahori :eek:

Yaaaar eik cheeez tou bataa what do you think of the University of Coventry ? :what:

Hindus who escaped from Lahore 've something similar to say.
Have you watched that documentary?

No I haven't; these documentaries have a tendency of being one-sided !

Phuleez!
You will look like my uncle if I were to stand with you. I can bet on that. :P

Me...an Uncle of a Baby Elephant ? :unsure:

Do i look like baby elephant to u??
An gonna kill you for spreading rumors about me.

Kaun sa rumor ? :unsure:

You're not a baby elephant just as I'm not a hippo or a white cockroach - But we each have our names ! :tongue:

Kaun sa rumor ? :unsure:

You're not a baby elephant just as I'm not a hippo or a white cockroach - But we each have our names ! :tongue:
Grrrr
guys pick up these names...and your bro desert fighter called me momma of a teenager. :lol:
That was funny!!!

Back
Top Bottom