What's new

Whatever

"masjid jao, namaaz padoh"...

parho*
It just makes me cringe when you replace rh -> d when romanising Urdu...We have enough confusions with two different 'kh', 'gh', 't', 'd' 'th' and 'dh' already :fie:

Honto ni gomen nasai

:dirol:

That means I'm really sorry. Watched enough Anime as a teen to at least remember this much.

But logic lies within the sphere of mathematics (and overlaps into philosophy). Open any discrete mathematics book and the first chapter will be on logic.

"expert" mathematics is based on precise values and known expected values... formula applied, result got... so, the thinking of "expert" mathematicians or their relatives, stock brokers, does not go very far... they do not consider random events, real world influences, real world effects.

the logic i speak of is based on looking at associations ( of different things ), building new associations, abstract random thought, detachment, big-picture ability, ability to reject accepted values, ability to accept new possibilities, calm emotional state ( like cat ), being practical at the same time being abstract, kindness...

can "expert" mathematicians build a revolutionary political system?? can they design a radically new operating system?? these are things that require not defined thinking but generalized thinking.

this is what i could write now.

"expert" mathematics is based on precise values and known expected values... formula applied, result got... so, the thinking of "expert" mathematicians or their relatives, stock brokers, does not go very far... they do not consider random events, real world influences, real world effects.

the logic i speak of is based on looking at associations ( of different things ), building new associations, abstract random thought, detachment, big-picture ability, ability to reject accepted values, ability to accept new possibilities, calm emotional state ( like cat ), being practical at the same time being abstract, kindness...

can "expert" mathematicians build a revolutionary political system?? can they design a radically new operating system?? these are things that require not defined thinking but generalized thinking.

this is what i could write now.
You are not entirely accurate about mathematics. Mathematics is not about applying formula. Thats done where maths is applied like engg etc. Mathematics is about finding formulae in the first place and proving their correctness. Mathematics consists of Mathematical statements and their proofs. Proofs are what mathematics is about and they are constructed using rules of logic.
Take for example sum of first n numbers. Its equal to n(n+1)/2. Using this formula isnt really mathematics. Proving it is mathematics.

parho*
It just makes me cringe when you replace rh -> d when romanising Urdu.

but it should be written as it sounds... at least as close as possible.

let us say our japani friend, nihonjin, read the word "parho"... wouldn't he read "par" and "ho"... what does that mean??

it sounds similar to "maro".

..We have enough confusions with two different 'kh', 'gh', 't', 'd' 'th' and 'dh' already :fie:

examples, please...

but it should be written as it sounds... at least as close as possible.

let us say our japani friend, nihonjin, read the word "parho"... wouldn't he read "par" and "ho"... what does that mean??

it sounds similar to "maro".

examples, please...

Sure why not, got time to kill today.

Gh as in Gharib (poor) sounds different than the Gh of Ghaas (grass)
Kh of Khaas (special) sounds different than the Kh of Kholna (to open)
T of Talwaar (sword) sounds different than the T of Topi (hat)
D of Duniya (world) sounds different than the D of Dar (fear)
Th of Hathorhi (hammer) sounds different than the Th of Aath (eight)
Dh of Dhaaga (thread) sounds different than the Dh of Dhol (the 'dhol')
Also, 'rh' (ڑ) is more similar to r (ر) because it sounds similar. Try pronouncing Parho as a 'd' of dar (fear). Sounds weird, huh?

Besides, we don't Romanise so that foreigners can read it, it's for our own convenience.

You are not entirely accurate about mathematics. Mathematics is not about applying formula. Thats done where maths is applied like engg etc. Mathematics is about finding formulae in the first place and proving their correctness.

you are saying that mathematics is like scientific experimentation ( repetition plus observation ) but without the observation part, because there is nothing externally to observe.

Take for example sum of first n numbers. Its equal to n(n+1)/2. Using this formula isnt really mathematics. Proving it is mathematics.

okay, you gave a simple example for me...

first 3 no's... 1,2,3... addition result is 6.

applying n(n+1)/2... 3(3+1)/2 == 3 x 4 / 2 == 12 / 2 == 6.

hence proved with first line.

i agree that devising this formula would have take months but these things are done... i don't see anymore building of proofs or devising of formulae... it would be like grammar for grammar's sake.

you are saying that mathematics is like scientific experimentation ( repetition plus observation ) but without the observation part, because there is nothing externally to observe.
No there are things to observe. Mathematics observe both real and abstract things.
From wikipedia,

Mathematicians seek out patterns and use them to formulate new conjectures. Mathematicians resolve the truth or falsity of conjectures by mathematical proof. When mathematical structures are good models of real phenomena, then mathematical reasoning can provide insight or predictions about nature. Through the use of abstraction and logic, mathematics developed from counting, calculation,measurement, and the systematic study of the shapes and motions of physical objects. Practical mathematics has been a human activity for as far back as written records exist. The research required to solve mathematical problems can take years or even centuries of sustained inquiry.

okay, you gave a simple example for me...

first 3 no's... 1,2,3... addition result is 6.

applying n(n+1)/2... 3(3+1)/2 == 3 x 4 / 2 == 12 / 2 == 6.

hence proved with first line.

i agree that devising this formula would have take months but these things are done... i don't see anymore building of proofs or devising of formulae... it would be like grammar for grammar's sake.
You only proved for one value of n=3. Proof of this formula would prove it for all values of n, 1 to infinity.
Conjectures are being made all the time and their proofs or disproofs being constructed.

Sure why not, got time to kill today.

Gh as in Gharib (poor) sounds different than the Gh of Ghaas (grass)
Kh of Khaas (special) sounds different than the Kh of Kholna (to open)
T of Talwaar (sword) sounds different than the T of Topi (hat)
D of Duniya (world) sounds different than the D of Dar (fear)
Th of Hathorhi (hammer) sounds different than the Th of Aath (eight)
Dh of Dhaaga (thread) sounds different than the Dh of Dhol (the 'dhol')
Also, 'rh' (ڑ) is more similar to r (ر) because it sounds similar. Try pronouncing Parho as a 'd' of dar (fear). Sounds weird, huh?

thanks for the good and simple examples.

Besides, we don't Romanise so that foreigners can read it, it's for our own convenience.

i will talk about this tomorrow, now i must log-off... its 3:24 am here and i want to watch some comedy before sleeping. :-)

@Gauss ^^^

Will somebody help me in this? I have been getting one or two obscene photos or videos posted on my time line by others or in others time line by me (others presume). In the process I have unfriended many and many have unfriended me. How to stop it and how it is coming? Families and relatives are going mad.

Will somebody help me in this? I have been getting one or two obscene photos or videos posted on my time line by others or in others time line by me (others presume). In the process I have unfriended many and many have unfriended me. How to stop it and how it is coming? Families and relatives are going mad.
Unfriend the family members and relatives. :enjoy:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom