What's new

Whatever

post your specific question . I will answer . be rest assured .
Wow!
So all this while I was banging my head against a wall I guess.
THIS was my question

levina said:
Wait
was it not her daughter who had certified Lady Mountbatten and nehru's relationship as "platonic" in the first place?
So if I can take her one statement as true then why cant I believe her next statement which says "Nehru might 've been influenced by Lady mountbatten to take kashmir issue to UN"???
Decide for yourself which statement of hers is to be believed???

Wow!
So all this while I was banging my head against a wall I guess.
THIS was my question

Daughter of Lady Mountbatten has elaborated on the platonic relationship that Nehru shared with Edwina - her mother . this is largely based on the extensive correspondence between two . she was too young to understand and know the personal chemistry between two ....Her inference is based on personal memoirs and mainly the correspondence between Nehru and lady Mountbatten .

She has merely suggested that Lady mountbatten ' may ' have influenced Nehru to go to UN .

You have to understand the specific historic circumstances under which Nehru decided to go to UN with regards to Kashmir .

you must be aware at this point of time Mountbatten was still Viceroy of India .

Do you understand that as Viceroy of India it was Lord Mountbatten who had vetted the instrument of accession isgned between Maharaj Hari singh and GOI ?

the fact that Lord Mountbatten accepted ( he could have refused to sign the accession treaty creating legal hurdle ) and the legality of accession of J & K was final . Lord Mountbatten did ask Nehru to verify accession by holding plebiscite to complete the process . In this whole episode Lord Mountbatten acted in very unbiased way . He had this gained the trust and faith of Nehru . so in event of Pakistani incursion in Kashmir - lord Mountbatten suggested Nehru to approach UN .
His main premise was that Nehru and India had watertight case with regards to Kashmir - Viceroy himself having had given his accent to the treaty without any impediments . Nehru was in two minds . Non formal discussion may have taken place with lady Mountbatten with whom Nehru shared close personal relationship .

But to paint whole picture as mere Lady Mountbatten enticing Nehru to do something grossly against national interest is totally absurd .

Nehru as a prime minister of India had India's interests in his highest priority . His calculations about UN response and subsequent Pakistan's reaction was totally wrong . UN quite obviously took position that Pakistan is aggressor in the case and asked it to withdraw . Now having approached Un for mediation, UN prescribed plebiscite in Kashmir under supervision of international community . the stalemate arose when Pakistan refused to vacate the occupied territory .

Now you honestly tell me what real inference one can draw from mere expression of daughter of Lady Mountbatten that he may have been influenced to go to UN ....when amidst the immense poverty that Nehru inherited with great problem of the largest displacement of population known to modern history of mankind that occurred in aftermath of partition ... The whole Indian treasury was virtually bankrupt and nation was reeling under this war with Pakistan that Nehru did not want ...and his faith in newly promulgated UN which he felt will do the justice to the iron clad case he had with treaty of accession of J & K at his hand ...

so when Nehru approached UN for justice in aftermath of Pakistani incursion - there were so many factors on Nehru's mind ....

how can one possible say that Nehru was amidst all these things was influenced by Lady Mountbatten alone .

nobody except Nehru himself could have made that clearer ...alas there is no more Nehru .

You can ask this question to yourself - if a leader of a newly born country which is reeling under more than one problems of bloody partition ...when he decides to approach UN for justice thinking he had tight case and will get prompt relief and he possibly can avoid a full fledged war ....and if one of the counsels have been his friend and very wife of Viceroy of india ...whether you can say with certainty that he was honey trapped by Lady Mountbatten to commit blunder as grave as approaching UN when his forces were about to win a decisive victory just to snatch defeat from jaws of victory ....?
Nehru did blunder ..but it is easy to say so in retrospect .

I mean to ask you- now that you have some perspective of that tumultuous period ..will you like to believe in that particular ' may ' have been influenced ..thought .

there were too many things which could have influenced Nehru ....

but to say that he was honey trapped is really un respectful to the first prime minister of India .

to answer your question - No I do not think you can just take one line out of whole narrative of daughter of lady Mountbatten and based on that can conclude that he may have been influenced by Lady Mountbatten to go to UN . There were many historic reasons why Nehru went to UN ....

daughter of lady Mountbatten was not directly privy to what happened during those fateful days in which India was born and had very first war imposed on it immediately ...

she was certainly not privy to the mind of Nehru to say so with certainty .

and this remains one of those many speculations which have no direct basis or proof .

Last edited:
PM Modi's convoy just passed by infront of me.......i was so indulged in tat charlie thread ....all of a sudden so many sirens n i saw PM's black bmw .....internet services went off for a minute.....i was so f***in scared i thought they will know wat site m surfing......

strange thing is....another path was chosen for PM's arrival but instead they used our hostel side's entrance......

damn!!!!!!

There were many historic reasons why Nehru went to UN ....

daughter of lady Mountbatten was not directly privy to what happened during those fateful days in which India was born and had very first war imposed on it immediately ...

she was certainly not privy to the mind of Nehru to say so with certainty .

and this remains one of those many speculations which have no direct basis or proof .
Right...
and thats why I had posted this
levina said:
But why exactly would he do that?
But you'd to misconstrue my post.

Hi,

I just read this piece quoted by "M" on comments to an article.

" A crow lived in the forest and was absolutely satisfied in life. But one day he saw a swan. “This swan is so white,” he thought, “and I am so black. This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.”

He expressed his thoughts to the swan. “Actually,” the swan replied, “I was feeling that I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation.” The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained, “I lived a very happy life until I saw a peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors.”

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him. After the people had left, the crow approached the peacock. “Dear peacock,” the crow said, “you are so beautiful. Every day thousands of people come to see you. When people see me, they immediately shoo me away. I think you are the happiest bird on the planet.”

The peacock replied, “I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet. But because of my beauty, I am entrapped in this zoo. I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage. So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily roam everywhere. ”

But I really think u have an awesome blog n more ppl should know about it,not that ur blog doesnt get enough audience...u have a lot fans already.
Thanks very much, I might actually change my signature to that. I had my youtube channel as my signature for a while and I don't know how many actually went to my channel as a result.

Some might use this oppurtunity for some cyber bullying.
Bring it on 8-)
U r sikh?
Yup ;)

Akheilos said:
Positive energy? So god isnt everywhere to channel the energy?
God's everywhere but not the flow of positive energy.Why do you've a mosque or a church?
To you it could be just a place of gathering, dont all men go to mosque for namaz 5 times a day??
Why do you think thats done?
Hindus don't go to the temple for the same reason as Christians and Muslims go to a church or a mosque. For Christians and Muslims going to a church or a mosque is mostly to connect with the community.
Community building in Hinduism is rarely done at the temple. Temples are places to get 'darshan'. Community building is done at events like satsang or pravachan or jagratas.
Our temples are not only about statues.The environment and energy field of temple is what matters.The architecture and location of temple also have some important role to play.
Most of the temples 're pyramidal in structure.Structures with pyramidal shape absorb more cosmic energy in comparison to ordinary structures. And it's been experimentally proven that a person meditating inside a pyramidal structure attains enlightenment much quicker than a person doing so in flat structure. And if you've noticed, most of the temples and monasteries are built on the top of small hills or mountains. It is for a reason. Hills and Mountains are natural pyramids. They collect more cosmic energy than plain surfaces and create high energy field that changes the state of our mind and pacifies us.
Temples are not just a place allocated for accommodating statues. It's a different game entirely.

Akheilos said:
Just have to be a good individual wont settle well for criminals!
Did you notice that we dont have hindu suicide bombers though we have extremists??
Have you ever wondered why??
I know the discussion was closed last nite for religious "debates" 're not allowed on the forum. But I had to answer back to your question and I dont think we were debating, we were only discussing without sullying a religion.So I decided to answer back here. I have tried to keep it as scientific as possible because to me hinduism is where science and spirituality intersect.

@DRAY @SledgeHammer @SarthakGanguly @sreekumar and @utraash. Some how I find the temples down south better maintained than the temples in north to be more specific temples in kerala, because temples in Tamil Nadu 're in a shabby state. Saw you guys on that thread and ergo mentioned you here to know if what I have explained about temples is right or wrong. I wanted to add about prasad, which too differs from one temple to another and for some similar reasons, but I just avoided that topic. Lol.

Bring it on 8-)
lol
:tup::tup:
:-)

God's everywhere but not the flow of positive energy.Why do you've a mosque or a church?
To you it could be just a place of gathering, dont all men go to mosque for namaz 5 times a day??
Why do you think thats done?
Hindus don't go to the temple for the same reason as Christians and Muslims go to a church or a mosque. For Christians and Muslims going to a church or a mosque is mostly to connect with the community.
Community building in Hinduism is rarely done at the temple. Temples are places to get 'darshan'. Community building is done at events like satsang or pravachan or jagratas.
Our temples are not only about statues.The environment and energy field of temple is what matters.The architecture and location of temple also have some important role to play.
Most of the temples 're pyramidal in structure.Structures with pyramidal shape absorb more cosmic energy in comparison to ordinary structures. And it's been experimentally proven that a person meditating inside a pyramidal structure attains enlightenment much quicker than a person doing so in flat structure. And if you've noticed, most of the temples and monasteries are built on the top of small hills or mountains. It is for a reason. Hills and Mountains are natural pyramids. They collect more cosmic energy than plain surfaces and create high energy field that changes the state of our mind and pacifies us.
Temples are not just a place allocated for accommodating statues. It's a different game entirely.

Did you notice that we dont have hindu suicide bombers though we have extremists??
Have you ever wondered why??
I know the discussion was closed last nite for religious "debates" 're not allowed on the forum. But I had to answer back to your question and I dont think we were debating, we were only discussing without sullying a religion.So I decided to answer back here. I have tried to keep it as scientific as possible because to me hinduism is where science and spirituality intersect.

@DRAY @SledgeHammer @SarthakGanguly @sreekumar and @utraash. Some how I find the temples down south better maintained than the temples in north to be more specific temples in kerala, because temples in Tamil Nadu 're in a shabby state. Saw you guys on that thread and ergo mentioned you here to know if what I have explained about temples is right or wrong. I wanted to add about prasad, which too differs from one temple to another and for some similar reasons, but I just avoided that topic. Lol.

lol
:tup::tup:

:-)

Every rituals in the temples have its own purpose . In temple you can activate you five senses .Small lights for eyes.Bells for ears .Prasad for taste buds ,The atmosphere of melting ghees and specially prepared oil will activate our noses .And sandal paste for skin .
Mens in the temple dont wear shirts .Because mens have to expose their bodies to sunlight for absorbing maximum Vitamin D.They are real care taker of the families.So they should need a good health.
@levina you can see Banyan tree in temples .Banyan tree has some special features .It can block UV rays and can release huge amount of oxygen..You should sit under a Banyan tree then you can feel it.
We cant construct a temples like that of mosque or church.Every parts should have accurate calculation according to Vaastu Shastra Large temples like Guruvayoor,Sree Padmnabha Swamy temple,Chenganoor temples etc are best examples of Vaastu Calculation
.@levina you can see an unfinished Anakottil in Chengannur temple.( a special type of buliding).It was a work of legendary temple/Vaastu Expert known as Perunthachan.Somehow he couldnt finish that work.
But in earlier centuries a lot of them tried to finish it and couldnt even start itBecause it was created with a specific mathmatical /Vaastu Calculation of Perunthachan and it was his own calculation.Experts that came after him didnt know it.
Without that they cant start.If they try for it it would cause problems in temple.

In temples we didnt use cm ,m measurements.
In temples we use Vaastu units like Viral,Yogana etc.It is quite different than modern measurement methods.

All of these knowledge would create optimum positive energy in temples.
And specific way of walking in temple for rituals and worship will reduce our Cholestrol.
Or in otherwords we will get a healthy peaceful life.

There was a specific way of snake worship in old Nair families .They have a mangrovesor Kaavu for Snake worship.
Christians or Muslims would think twice before they go for a old hpuses having Kaavu.You cant enter in ther without absolute purity.But all these beliefs ensure the protection ecosystem on the basis of Kaavu.Scientifically ,It is a rare botanical guarden with rare species.
Since they were landlords in that time .A small Kaavu around the corner of land would ensure good return from farming.because the ecology created by that Kaavu will ensure the health of crops.

Still there is a lot families follow these worships.we have one in my grandfathers houses.

Every rituals in the temples have its own purpose . In temple you can activate you five senses .Small lights for eyes.Bells for ears .Prasad for taste buds ,The atmosphere of melting ghees and specially prepared oil will activate our noses .And sandal paste for skin .
Mens in the temple dont wear shirts .Because mens have to expose their bodies to sunlight for absorbing maximum Vitamin D.They are real care taker of the families.So they should need a good health.
@levina you can see Banyan tree in temples .Banyan tree has some special features .It can block UV rays and can release huge amount of oxygen..You should sit under a Banyan tree then you can feel it.
We cant construct a temples like that of mosque or church.Every parts should have accurate calculation according to Vaastu Shastra Large temples like Guruvayoor,Sree Padmnabha Swamy temple,Chenganoor temples etc are best examples of Vaastu Calculation
.@levina you can see an unfinished Anakottil in Chengannur temple.( a special type of buliding).It was a work of legendary temple/Vaastu Expert known as Perunthachan.Somehow he couldnt finish that work.
But in earlier centuries a lot of them tried to finish it and couldnt even start itBecause it was created with a specific mathmatical /Vaastu Calculation of Perunthachan and it was his own calculation.Experts that came after him didnt know it.
Without that they cant start.If they try for it it would cause problems in temple.

In temples we didnt use cm ,m measurements.
In temples we use Vaastu units like Viral,Yogana etc.It is quite different than modern measurement methods.

All of these knowledge would create optimum positive energy in temples.
And specific way of walking in temple for rituals and worship will reduce our Cholestrol.
Or in otherwords we will get a healthy peaceful life.

There was a specific way of snake worship in old Nair families .They have a mangrovesor Kaavu for Snake worship.
Christians or Muslims would think twice before they go for a old hpuses having Kaavu.You cant enter in ther without absolute purity.But all these beliefs ensure the protection ecosystem on the basis of Kaavu.Scientifically ,It is a rare botanical guarden with rare species.
Since they were landlords in that time .A small Kaavu around the corner of land would ensure good return from farming.because the ecology created by that Kaavu will ensure the health of crops.

Still there is a lot families follow these worships.we have one in my grandfathers houses.
I am taking this to kerala corner because most of what we have discussed relates to hindu traditions in Kerala. :)

Now a days Our ladies have a behaviour of using artificial marks for their forehed.Instead of sticky marks we should use sandal paste because the direct center of forehead between eyes and right above the noses is a centre nerve point of human body .Artifical marks would reduce our sensing capacity.But pure sandals will enrich it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom