What's new

Whatever

God's everywhere but not the flow of positive energy.Why do you've a mosque or a church?
To you it could be just a place of gathering, dont all men go to mosque for namaz 5 times a day??
Why do you think thats done?
Hindus don't go to the temple for the same reason as Christians and Muslims go to a church or a mosque. For Christians and Muslims going to a church or a mosque is mostly to connect with the community.
Community building in Hinduism is rarely done at the temple. Temples are places to get 'darshan'. Community building is done at events like satsang or pravachan or jagratas.
Our temples are not only about statues.The environment and energy field of temple is what matters.The architecture and location of temple also have some important role to play.
Most of the temples 're pyramidal in structure.Structures with pyramidal shape absorb more cosmic energy in comparison to ordinary structures. And it's been experimentally proven that a person meditating inside a pyramidal structure attains enlightenment much quicker than a person doing so in flat structure. And if you've noticed, most of the temples and monasteries are built on the top of small hills or mountains. It is for a reason. Hills and Mountains are natural pyramids. They collect more cosmic energy than plain surfaces and create high energy field that changes the state of our mind and pacifies us.
Temples are not just a place allocated for accommodating statues. It's a different game entirely.

Did you notice that we dont have hindu suicide bombers though we have extremists??
Have you ever wondered why??
I know the discussion was closed last nite for religious "debates" 're not allowed on the forum. But I had to answer back to your question and I dont think we were debating, we were only discussing without sullying a religion.So I decided to answer back here. I have tried to keep it as scientific as possible because to me hinduism is where science and spirituality intersect.

@DRAY @SledgeHammer @SarthakGanguly @sreekumar and @utraash. Some how I find the temples down south better maintained than the temples in north to be more specific temples in kerala, because temples in Tamil Nadu 're in a shabby state. Saw you guys on that thread and ergo mentioned you here to know if what I have explained about temples is right or wrong. I wanted to add about prasad, which too differs from one temple to another and for some similar reasons, but I just avoided that topic. Lol.

lol
:tup::tup:

:-)

Wild goose chase....we all tried yesterday to give her glimpse of real Hinduism but she got stuck with her confined definition of religion(Monotheism n Allah) n spirituality(observing the prayer in mosque or so called supreme one) without knowing a connection among god apart from Allah/nature/human soul.... She has nothing logical n her spiritualism is inspired by a reference book which advocate to who will take of what share of war booty...
N I would request you to not preach a person who is hell bent on proving Allah is better than our man made idols .... All such debates are futile .....
I have interacted her over flawed parity between men n women in Quran so know this from my experiences .....

Your are exactly right about cosmic absorption rate in higher altitudes...... So is every peak a source of positive energy Kanchanjanga Devi to Nanda Devi .....
The same principle of exchanging energies in form of some EM waves takes place when you touches the feet of elderly person who is selflessly blessing you...... Even Namaste has some science unfortunately I lost that page which I had bookmarked so I will share that later....

Temples are southern n western part are in better conditions than in north except those are in hill side or not easily accessible.... Temples in UP/MP/Bihar especially are in pathetic condition except few temple.....

Lal salam!! :devil:

lal salaam to you too. :D

by the way, i have been listening to songs from "guzaarish" on gaana.com... as you said, nice songs most of them... i like guzaarish, udi, tera zikr, jaane kiske khwaab... they really evoke feelings, i listen to them pacing the floor.

and i find tera zikr similiar to the "tera hijr mera naseeb hai" song from the 1982 film, "razia sultan".

i am listen to tera zikr right now.

and you are back to sara nuru, i see... :D

see ? another person said she is beautiful not hot :D and yes we have different difinitions of beautiful and hot :P

Errrr
As i said may be my definition of hot differs from what you guys call hot. :undecided:
To me Aishwarya looked hot in that ad. Lolzz

which ad... and why does this discussion not involve me??

lal salaam to you too. :D

by the way, i have been listening to songs from "guzaarish" on gaana.com... as you said, nice songs most of them... i like guzaarish, udi, tera zikr, jaane kiske khwaab... they really evoke feelings, i listen to them pacing the floor.

and i find tera zikr similiar to the "tera hijr mera naseeb hai" song from the 1982 film, "razia sultan".

i am listen to tera zikr right now.

and you are back to sara nuru, i see... :D
Yeah I used her pic to prove a point to @Ravi Nair :devil:
I like udi from Guzaarish, btw these days I hum this song lol

Do you have same number? I think I have your number if you haven't changed it.
i dont have that number now but i am trying to get that number again.. i am using another number for temporary use. is there any way of getting your number?

I like udi from Guzaarish,

peppy flamenco type music and nice freeing and hopeful lyrics.

i like jaane kiske khwaab... and it reminded me of another beautiful song, suno na from film "jhankaar beats"... ( Suno Na Song from Jhankaar Beats (2003): Listen & Download ).

btw these days I hum this song lol

i listened to it now... i think it appeals to a younger audience. :-)

by the way, which ad of aishwarya were you discussing with bdforever??

Last edited:
God's everywhere but not the flow of positive energy.Why do you've a mosque or a church?
To you it could be just a place of gathering, dont all men go to mosque for namaz 5 times a day??
Why do you think thats done?
Hindus don't go to the temple for the same reason as Christians and Muslims go to a church or a mosque. For Christians and Muslims going to a church or a mosque is mostly to connect with the community.
Community building in Hinduism is rarely done at the temple. Temples are places to get 'darshan'. Community building is done at events like satsang or pravachan or jagratas.
Our temples are not only about statues.The environment and energy field of temple is what matters.The architecture and location of temple also have some important role to play.
Most of the temples 're pyramidal in structure.Structures with pyramidal shape absorb more cosmic energy in comparison to ordinary structures. And it's been experimentally proven that a person meditating inside a pyramidal structure attains enlightenment much quicker than a person doing so in flat structure. And if you've noticed, most of the temples and monasteries are built on the top of small hills or mountains. It is for a reason. Hills and Mountains are natural pyramids. They collect more cosmic energy than plain surfaces and create high energy field that changes the state of our mind and pacifies us.
Temples are not just a place allocated for accommodating statues. It's a different game entirely.

Did you notice that we dont have hindu suicide bombers though we have extremists??
Have you ever wondered why??
I know the discussion was closed last nite for religious "debates" 're not allowed on the forum. But I had to answer back to your question and I dont think we were debating, we were only discussing without sullying a religion.So I decided to answer back here. I have tried to keep it as scientific as possible because to me hinduism is where science and spirituality intersect.

@DRAY @SledgeHammer @SarthakGanguly @sreekumar and @utraash. Some how I find the temples down south better maintained than the temples in north to be more specific temples in kerala, because temples in Tamil Nadu 're in a shabby state. Saw you guys on that thread and ergo mentioned you here to know if what I have explained about temples is right or wrong. I wanted to add about prasad, which too differs from one temple to another and for some similar reasons, but I just avoided that topic. Lol.

lol
:tup::tup:

:-)
You are pretty correct, in fact any conical structure retains energy. Temples were much more than places of worship as well. There were schools, hospitals, hostels for travelers etc. Even local treasury was stored there because it was presumed that no one will violate the sanctity of the place. It was central to the Dharmic way of life.

Plus there are other aspects - like meeting all senses of the human body. This helps us understand the need to transcend that to live free. There are many many other interesting facts that are unique to certain temples dotted all over India (and previously the Indian subcontinent).

Which was why the temples were destroyed first after conquest by barbarians.

On this note, I will state one thing. There is no use trying to convince Akheilos mam. Largely because she is a devout and practicing Muslim. And as a Muslim, she does not have the right to even 'accept' our way of worship as a good one, let alone the correct one. She is good at heart and most probably moderate in her views in real life as well, but tolerating your existence but reminding you everytime that you pray to a false God(or an 'adulteration' in case you are an Indian Muslim) is as far as she will be able to go. This is true for all 'moderate practicing folks' out there.

She is not a hypocrite and I appreciate her for her honesty. At the same time I admit and thank God that folks in India don't practice Islam to the 't'. We remain mixed and hope to stay this way in the future.

Last edited:
You are pretty correct, in fact any conical structure retains energy. Temples were much more than places of worship as well. There were schools, hospitals, hostels for travelers etc. Even local treasury was stored there because it was presumed that no one will violate the sanctity of the place. It was central to the Dharmic way of life.

Plus there are other aspects - like meeting all senses of the human body. This helps us understand the need to transcend that to live free. There are many many other interesting facts that are unique to certain temples dotted all over India (and previously the Indian subcontinent).

Which was why the temples were destroyed first after conquest by barbarians.

On this note, I will state one thing. There is no use trying to convince Akheilos mam. Largely because she is a devout and practicing Muslim. And as a Muslim, she does not have the right to even 'accept' our way of worship as a good one, let alone the correct one. She is good at heart and most probably moderate in her views in real life as well, but tolerating your existence but reminding you everytime that you pray to a false God(or an 'adulteration' in case you are an Indian Muslim) is as far as she will be able to go. This is true for all 'moderate practicing folks' out there.

She is not a hypocrite and I appreciate her for her honesty. At the same time I admit and thank God that folks in India don't practice Islam to the 't'. We remain mixed and hope to stay this way in the future.
@SarthakGanguly and @utraash
Thanks for reinforcing my beliefs.

peppy flamenco type music and nice freeing and hopeful lyrics.

i like jaane kiske khwaab... and it reminded me of another beautiful song, suno na from film "jhankaar beats"... ( Suno Na Song from Jhankaar Beats (2003): Listen & Download ).

i listened to it now... i think it appeals to a younger audience. :-)

by the way, which ad of aishwarya were you discussing with bdforever??
Thanks for that song, i had heard it long back but was not sure which movie did it belong to.I guess you had suggested me this same song earlier too.Unfortunately even now I cant open that link you've posted, as that site is banned here. (Many random sites 're banned here)

Aishwarya's ads that we were talking about were these

Yeah, I was just a little confused. Is he revered by all Hindus? Where can I read more about him in English without the heavy stuff?
I never knew He was called a Prophet. :unsure: Anyway - you can Google 'children's books' on him. :) @levina and @Srinivas can help. There was a series on him as well from Ramananda Sagar that you can find on Youtube.

I never knew He was called a Prophet. :unsure: Anyway - you can Google 'children's books' on him. :) @levina and @Srinivas can help. There was a series on him as well from Ramananda Sagar that you can find on Youtube.

In the Ahmadiyya Jamat he is revered as a great Prophet of the sub continent and Thanks for the Info. Ill have a look at the Ramananda Sagar.

I wasn't sure whether he's worshipped as one of the Gods or just seen as a righteous person in the various forms within Hinduism.

mana ke taghaful na karogey par khaakh ho jaengey tumhey khabar hone y tak.

missing you... theres no fun without you..

In the Ahmadiyya Jamat he is revered as a great Prophet of the sub continent and Thanks for the Info. Ill have a look at the Ramananda Sagar.

I wasn't sure whether he's worshipped as one of the Gods or just seen as a righteous person in the various forms within Hinduism.
He is considered just an avatar of Lord Vishnu. A wise mortal. :)

I actually did not know that Muslims would consider him a prophet. Honestly though, I am not much info on religious matters. :(

I actually did not know that Muslims would consider him a prophet.

i don't... no mysticism and mythology for me.

Honestly though, I am not much info on religious matters. :(

so you accidentally support sangh parivar...

Unfortunately even now I cant open that link you've posted, as that site is banned here. (Many random sites 're banned here)

the gelf is a strange place...

Aishwarya's ads that we were talking about were these

those are early/mid 90's ads... i didn't know you and bdforever would know them.

i don't know what to make of them, but i find aishwarya in her film career not blankly beautiful ( what bd said ) but quite appealing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom