What's new

Whatever

Much less sand than here in Perth. A lot less sand.

G'luck with your thesis? If you have to do one.

A mini thesis, called 499. I have to find an organisation, a topic and get cracking in April.

Good for you! :D

How's everything?

Good so far :)

Much less sand than here in Perth. A lot less sand.

G'luck with your thesis? If you have to do one.

Oh and sorry about the funeral. I do apologise for my manners

we are not crazy people .

what would u do ?

No one doubts that but some idiots do exist somewhere around the corner and they do these kind of things like they did recently,we should respect each others sovereignty , if these terrorists have some safe sanctuaries on your side than do test your new weapons on them even u can drop your nuclear bomb at them for experiment :lol: if u have one :enjoy: ...respect 'Pakistan sovereignty' like we do and 'We will continue to make every effort to cooperate with Iran and intelligence sharing can be improve more than it is right now,we respect Irans sovereignty as we always did and will do it, if Iran respect ours ;)

No one doubts that but some idiots do exist somewhere around the corner and they do these kind of things like they did recently,we should respect each others sovereignty , if these terrorists have some safe sanctuaries on your side than do test your new weapons on them even u can drop your nuclear bomb at them for experiment :lol: if u have one :enjoy: ...respect 'Pakistan sovereignty' like we do and 'We will continue to make every effort to cooperate with Iran and intelligence sharing can be improve more than it is right now,we respect Irans sovereignty as we always did and will do it, if Iran respect ours ;)
yeah , we tried working with pakistani officials .

we reached out several times , didn't work apparently :lol:

and about nukes , no we don't have any nukes and there is no use for nukes . spending billions on the things you won't ever use seems stupid to me ;)

yeah , we tried working with pakistani officials .

we reached out several times , didn't work apparently :lol:

and about nukes , no we don't have any nukes and there is no use for nukes . spending billions on the things you won't ever use seems stupid to me ;)

Okay but killing innocents wont solve the problem either, both sides need to get their act together and beef up their security to stop these terrorists...A aggressive posture from Iran in near future will create more mess it will lead to tit-for-tat attacks with broader political and economic implications,it wont help both sides we have to progress we can increase economic cooperation on both sides,it will yield some benefits for the villagers on the border of both sides...well i hope things will improve with passage of time...

well if you have nukes than you can cause fear on the other side,you know about our neighbour :D
if some one expects victory at an affordable price than :wave: , if one side hopes to avoid defeat than this is the best weapon ;)

@SarthakGanguly - I read about your Grandma; my condolences.

I'm sure that her Hereafter is ever better.
To be honest, I hardly remember her. So to be (again) brutally honest, it did not make a profound conscious impact. As for sub-conscious...rab jaane. It's all right. Life and Death - its universal. I tried to hate some folks for that...but the world does not or should not function like that. We have to move on.

img_pod_barack-obama-and-vladimir-putin-picture-of-the-day-1906.jpg

i keep getting mrssage on pdf sie. an unexpected error occured. please try again later . anyone facing same err

Yeah, it really is a interesting subject, though you would have to look into it on your own initiative since it requires an interest on ones own part. I could provide you some links if you need.

That's true, I am still somewhat busy preparing for another exam that I am about to register for any day now, but I will hopefully have more time to focus on my readings of WWII after that.

No problem bro, I will let you know if I need any information.

Interesting. This system sounds to good to be implemented in any Muslim country today due to many faults of Muslims themselves, as you yourself provided examples of in Pakistan like selfishness and greed pf influential Pakistanis and the existence of feudalism in Pakistan.

Exactly!

Yeah, what you stated is accurate from what i remember reading and learning of that period in European history. I'm not too knowledgeable on that particular era, i have forgotten most of what i knew, though i am familiar with a few things here and there. My main strength revolves around WW2 but even that subject i cannot say i am 100% knowledgeable on, and really no one is. There is always new information coming out regarding many major historical periods.

It's cool, & it's true that our knowledge of history shall continue to evolve as more evidence comes up, especially considering the fact that so many records have been lost.

Personally, I myself am not entirely knowledgeable about every civilization or era either, case in point; the events of WWII, & my knowledge of East Asian history, while present is somewhat limited as well.

My knowledge of the Americas before European settlement isn't that extensive either. I do know of the Aztecs, the Inca Empire, et cetera, but apart from the basics, they are definitely not my area of expertise.

Interesting. Sounds similar to the hindu practice of sattii though in that case there weren't male slaves being put to death/fighting each other to death, rather the wife of the deceased husband.

Yeah, these practices do share similarities. The Greek historian Diodorus made some interesting remarks regarding how the practice of "sati" began. In parts of the Sub-Continent, people apparently preferred love marriages over arranged marriages, the latter being more favourable to the Greeks & an example of how they considered their own morals superior. This probably didn't apply to the entire Sub-Continent either, which has a long tradition of arranged marriages. The Vedic Aryans for instance, generally practiced arranged marriages, but some love marriages were also recognised.

In any case, according to Diodorus, whenever these love marriages failed, the woman would poison her husband & go look for a new partner. In order to prevent this from occurring, a law was passed stating that women would either have to join their husbands in the after life or live the rest of their lives as widows. Personally, I can't confirm the validity of this account, but Diodorus's version can only be described as either being ridiculous or hilarious. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom