What's new

Whatever

Jinnah, Fatima Jinnah, Iqbal, Liaquat Ali Khan and maybe Bhutto (for some) !

Though the first 3 are almost universally adored in Pakistan while the other two have their admirers and their detractors !

do you also have regional leaders. For example Indians have many regional leaders who arte lionised in Tamil Nadu or Punjab, Haryana or Nagaland but virutally unknown outside their respective states.

do you also have regional leaders. For example Indians have many regional leaders who arte lionised in Tamil Nadu or Punjab, Haryana or Nagaland but virutally unknown outside their respective states.

Yup Bacha Khan in KPK though because the Pukhtoons rejected his Anti-Pakistan stance in the Referendum hes sustained more by his Party (which has only won an election twice...never an absolute majority and because the last time most of the parties had boycotted).

Then you've got a handful of leaders from Baluchistan and from AJK like Qazi Isa and Sardar Abdul Qayum Khan.

In Sindh you've got people like GM Syed - the Sindhi Nationalists; but hes vastly overshadowed by Bhutto (again from Sindh) so much so that Bhutto has almost a cult following in Sindh.

You know we don't really have anyone worth remembering from Punjab.

But all of the above are not only not considered significant outside of their Provinces but even within their Provinces they're not that big names !

Quaid-e-Azam's persona permeates everything....everywhere ! :)

Yup Bacha Khan in KPK though because the Pukhtoons rejected his Anti-Pakistan stance in the Referendum hes sustained more by his Party (which has only won an election twice...never an absolute majority and because the last time most of the parties had boycotted).

Then you've got a handful of leaders from Baluchistan and from AJK like Qazi Isa and Sardar Abdul Qayum Khan.

In Sindh you've got people like GM Syed - the Sindhi Nationalists; but hes vastly overshadowed by Bhutto (again from Sindh) so much so that Bhutto has almost a cult following in Sindh.

You know we don't really have anyone worth remembering from Punjab.

But all of the above are not only not considered significant outside of their Provinces but even within their Provinces they're not that big names !

Quaid-e-Azam's persona permeates everything....everywhere ! :)

you know this is curious. The majority of Indians online or well read ones at least are now increasingly tend to reject Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru.

Ambedkar or Sardar Vallabhai Patel have grown in stature mainly due to ideologies etc.

he left??
OMG!
tats sad...did he contact you??

I presumed he did. One of the last communication i had with him here indicated he was busy and getting bored here.

@Armstrong after I have been a year here. My attitude towards Pakistanis have become positive and towards Indians a bit more hardened I think.

Certainly having conversations with you @waz @Chak Bamu @Jungibaaz @RAMPAGE helped change perceptions.

you know this is curious. The majority of Indians online or well read ones at least are now increasingly tend to reject Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru.

Ambedkar or Sardar Vallabhai Patel have grown in stature mainly due to ideologies etc.

Its a bit different here; those that don't buy into the idea of Pakistan (a numerically insignificant minority though a very vocal one) reject Jinnah as do those who are Ultra-nationalists in an Ethnic or Religious sense because for them he isn't either very much into their Ethnic Nationalism or their Puritanical Religious World View.

Unfortunately for them in the rest of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam is adored very.....very much; in fact so much so that you find countless Secularists, Ethno-Nationalist and Islamists all paying homage to him, quoting him and invoking his memory because they all know that if there is one man.....just One Man, that Pakistanis idolize as a Statesman and Politician - Its Muhammad Ali Jinnah !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom