What's new

Whatever

Because Humans are tribalistic. Just like @al-Hasani said. Even if the whole world becomes Christian or any other religion, it didn't stop us from slaughtering each other for living space or put each other in shackles.

Ironically, the only reason this decade has been plagued with asymmetric warfare and not straight out slug-fest between major powers is through increasing economic inter-dependency and the MAD doctrine.

@Armstrong @al-Hasani

Well I intruded on a fascinating conversation. Sorry :oops:

Well, it's the reality of life. We can only try to limit it. Competitiveness is not against Islam nor a bad thing. If healthy and useful. Now what we witness many times on PDF is mostly useless though and negative.

The future of the world is economic cooperation, pluralism (at least to a degree) and world cooperation on the most important fields.

The goal of every human should also be to not only improve himself but also to try and improve other people's life's by influencing them in a good way or working for the betterment of not only yourself but humanity. Most of us "sane" humans get pleasure for helping others. That's a good characteristic.

Without it the world would be even more insane.

Well, it's the reality of life. We can only try to limit it. Competitiveness is not against Islam nor a bad thing. If healthy and useful. Now what we witness many times on PDF is mostly useless though and negative.

The future of the world is economic cooperation, pluralism (at least to a degree) and world cooperation on the most important fields.

The goal of every human should also be to not only improve himself but also to try and improve other people's life's by influencing them in a good way or working for the betterment of not only yourself but humanity. Most of us "sane" humans get pleasure for helping others. That's a good characteristic.

Without it the world would be even more insane.

and of course, SCIENCE!

@Armstrong if it makes you feel any better, Indians on some levels, tend to be worse. There is of course the caste system, and the linguistic issue seems to prop as well.

Then you have the whole North-South India thing. The North-East gets completely ignored as well.

Last edited:
and of course, SCIENCE!

Yes, that's where the betterment of humanity comes into the picture.:)

For large parts of Islamic history science and progress went hand in hand. After the savage Mongols ransacked Baghdad in 1258 and Al-Andalus ended 200 years later in Iberia the Muslim world started to struggle in that field and got outmaneuvered by the West who has never looked back since. Hopefully the world becomes more balanced in that sense. In the right environment this will happen for sure.

Yes, that's where the betterment of humanity comes into the picture.:)

For large parts of Islamic history science and progress went hand in hand. After the savage Mongols ransacked Baghdad in 1258 and Al-Andalus ended 200 years later in Iberia the Muslim world started to struggle in that field and got outmaneuvered by the West who has never looked back since. Hopefully the world becomes more balanced in that sense. In the right environment this will happen for sure.

Mate, I am looking toward advances in renewables and bio-technology.

The problem is, India produces legions of engineers, scientists and academics but bleed them to the west. NASA for example has a significant number of Indians.

India is a developing nation. It doesn't have the funds to keep the talent here, nor does it have any exciting projects to keep them here.

@al-Hasani

speaking of Islam and science, I am going to read on Mutazilites.

Yes, I am a Makkawi Hashemite. From the Banu Hashim clan which is sub-clan of the ancient Quraysh tribe. I am a Sharif so I trace my paternal lineage to Prophet Muhammad (saws) through his oldest grandson Hasan ibn Ali (ra).
Ya sayyedi plz forgive me if I have ever offended you. :woot:
I am an Indian
No you're not. You're just a wannabe. :D

Mate, I am looking toward advances in renewables and bio-technology.

The problem is, India produces legions of engineers, scientists and academics but bleed them to the west. NASA for example has a significant number of Indians.

India is a developing nation. It doesn't have the funds to keep the talent here, nor does it have any exciting projects to keep them here.

@al-Hasani

speaking of Islam and science, I am going to read on Mutazilites.

Me too. Renewable and bio-technology is of huge interest for KSA and the Arab world as a whole. India is unique in the sense that you got a 1.3 BILLION big talent pool to take from. I wish we had that.:(

It's the same with the brightest Arabs and Saudi Arabians out there. They leave too. I mean we have 200.000 students abroad. We got more students in the US for instance at their universities than anyone else outside of Chinese, you Indians and South Koreans.

Number of Saudi students in US reaches 111,000 | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

More Saudi Arabians studying in the U.S. - Los Angeles Times

Please take a look at KAUST too. Our most impressive university back home I would say.

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muta'zillah's are very interesting. I have done a lot of reading about them and agree with them on many fronts. It's a long discussion but you would get another perspective of Islam and Islamic history if you read about them as they played a big role during the Abbasid Caliphate.
Ya sayyedi plz forgive me if I have ever offended you. :woot:
No you're not. You're just a wannabe. :D

You got to be kidding me bro?:lol: Please don't embarrass yourself or me.;)

Last edited:
I think that word was borrowed from @Marshmallow's dictionary. o_O

Ooooh good luck with your studies.

Aha, but what does it mean?:lol:

Thanks and good luck with your errands.

For the others reading this thread then I can recommend some Werner Herzog documentaries. Just watched his documentary about some death row inmates in Texas.

Werner Herzog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can also recommend the Breakout Series. Some amazing stories based on real events.

Breakout (2010 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cyclone Nilofar to trigger rains in Pakistan coast

October 26, 2014 - Updated 2147 PKT
karachi-cyclone-pakistan-coast-rains-india-oman-nilofar_10-26-2014_163755_l.jpg

KARACHI: Rains are expected in Pakistan’s coastal areas including Karachi on October 30 and 31 as a result of cyclonic storm 'Nilofar' formed due to a severe low pressure in south east of Arabian sea.
The cyclone will trigger rains in Pakistan’s coast besides Kutch area of Gujrat in neighbouring India and Oman.
According to the met office, a severe low pressure is present 940 km away in south east of Arabian Sea near Salalah city of Oman due to which heavy rainfall is expected in the coastal areas of Oman in the next 24 hours.
It said, the low air pressure would show its effects in Karachi as well due to which the city is likely to receive rain on October 30 and 31, the met office said.

Back
Top Bottom