What's new

Whatever

:o:

I don't know anything about these things ! :undecided:

But I guess it would be one of the ones in Hafiz Center (opposite PACE, Gulberg)

It's cool, but I haven't really heard good things about Hafiz Centre. From what I know, some retailers over there do not honour the warranty, engage in activities involving the sale of fake parts, etc. I think United Mobiles is reliable, but I am not sure if they sell all sorts of brands.

The thing is that the phone I want to purchase will not arrive with the appropriate storage capacity I require. In Saudi Arabia, apart from the iPhone, most other phones imported here only arrive in their base models. That's why I thought I could have someone send it to me from Pakistan, & if something were to go wrong, I could go there anytime myself. Online stores are an option too, but I would prefer to not rely on them for warranty concerns in the just-in-case scenario. I guess, I will have to think about it.

It's cool, but I haven't really heard good things about Hafiz Centre. From what I know, some retailers over there do not honour the warranty, engage in activities involving the sale of fake parts, etc. I think United Mobiles is reliable, but I am not sure if they sell all sorts of brands.

The thing is that the phone I want to purchase will not arrive with the appropriate storage capacity I require. In Saudi Arabia, apart from the iPhone, most other phones imported here only arrive in their base models. That's why I thought I could have someone send it to me from Pakistan, & if something were to go wrong, I could go there anytime myself. Online stores are an option too, but I would prefer to not rely on them for warranty concerns in the just-in-case scenario. I guess, I will have to think about it.

Dude I don't know; I don't own a smartphone and I don't plan on getting one. I've got a 10 year old cellphone model....with modern calculators having more functions than it but thats probably because I'm technology averse and I'd rather use a phone to make 'calls' than have a mini computer resting in my pocket.

Khair I don't think that ordering a phone from Pakistan while sitting in KSA is a great idea; if something goes wrong do you plan on FedExing it here or catching a plane to Pakistan ? o_O

Dude I don't know; I don't own a smartphone and I don't plan on getting one. I've got a 10 year old cellphone model....with modern calculators having more functions than it but thats probably because I'm technology averse and I'd rather use a phone to make 'calls' than have a mini computer resting in my pocket.

That's fine, there are lots of people that don't care about Smartphones, consoles, computers, et cetera or technology in general. It's not so much about carrying a mini computer, as much as it depends on your usage patterns. Some people are better off with a Smartphone, whereas others will do just fine with feature phones, which by the way also offer Facebook & Twitter support these days.

Khair I don't think that ordering a phone from Pakistan while sitting in KSA is a great idea; if something goes wrong do you plan on FedExing it here or catching a plane to Pakistan ? o_O

I planned on going the FedEx route, besides it would be sort off similar to ordering it from Amazon. The difference is that if it's bought in Pakistan, I can show up over there whenever I want if need be.

I could ask someone to get it from another country too, but I can't really travel to a foreign country for warranty issues. :lol:

Speaking of Amazon, that's a viable option of course, but the only goods I have experience with being ordered online from there are books so the warranty was obviously never a concern with them. I guess I will send a message to Amazon regarding my warranty concerns.

Last edited:
@p(-)0ENiX - Do you know how I could play Flash videos on an Ipad without buying a flash-enabled browser or if there are some free flash-enabled browsers for Ipads ?

@p(-)0ENiX - Do you know how I could play Flash videos on an Ipad without buying a flash-enabled browser or if there are some free flash-enabled browsers for Ipads ?

Apart from purchasing some flash-enabled browser, there is no other method to get flash player on iOS. You could go through the jail break route, but I personally do not recommend that.

I'm a feminist, and I converted to Islam (Opinion) - CNN.com

Editor's note: Theresa Corbin is a writer living in New Orleans. She is the founder of Islamwich and a contributor to On Islam and Aquila Style. A version of this piece first appeared on CNN iReport.

(CNN) -- I am a Muslim, but I wasn't always. I converted to Islam in November 2001, two months after 9/11.

I was 21 and living in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It was a bad time to be a Muslim. But after four years of studying, poking and prodding at world religions and their adherents, I decided to take the plunge.

Questions and answers

I am the product of a Creole Catholic and an Irish atheist. I grew up Catholic, then was agnostic, now I'm Muslim.

My journey to Islam began when I was about 15 years old in Mass and had questions about my faith. The answers from teachers and clergymen -- don't worry your pretty little head about it -- didn't satisfy me.

So I did what any red-blooded American would do: the opposite. I worried about it. For many years. I questioned the nature of religion, man and the universe.

141009105752-theresa-corbin-irpt-left-tease.jpg

Theresa Corbin
then burned down.

141010195953-exp-gps-1012-take-00001914-story-body.jpg
Fareed's Take: Does Islam have a problem?
In August 2012, I moved back home to New Orleans, where being different is the norm. I finally felt safe -- for a while. But now, with the continuous news coverage of the un-Islamic group known as ISIS, I have been subjected to much of the same treatment I received in other cities. And I now feel less safe than I ever have.

It enrages me to know there are some who call themselves Muslims and who distort and misappropriate Islam for political gains.

It weighs on me knowing that millions of my countrymen see only these images as a representative of my religion. It is unbearable to know that I am passionately hated for my beliefs, when those hating me don't even know what my beliefs are.

In my journey to Islam, I came to learn that Muslims come in all shapes, sizes, attitudes, ethnicities, cultures and nationalities. I came to know that Islam teaches disagreement and that shouldn't lead to disrespect, as most Muslims want peace.

Most of all, I have faith that my fellow Americans can rise above fear and hatred and come to learn the same.

Have a question for Corbin? We'll open comments at 1 p.m. ET, and she'll be here to answer your questions.

Most of all, I have faith that my fellow Americans can rise above fear and hatred and come to learn the same.
After the Islamic State butchers people, this is what she has to say! :hitwall:
Remember, she is not pointing her fingers at the American Military Complex, but the American People, who have little to do with wars and occupation. In fact the 'People' actually voted Obama into power who promised to bring 'the boys back home'.

@waz @Jungibaaz @Jaanbaz

I have to say, extremely disappointed with the Brtish left approach to ISIS so far.

They are presently wringing their wrists over whether British who left to join ISIS should be considered 'traitors.'

Nederlands has all ready evoked some peoples citizenships for fighting in Syria. British politicians don't have the guts and there is too much involvement from the European Court of Justice. I don't know what kind of human rights do terrorists deserve apart from maybe a burial.

After the Islamic State butchers people, this is what she has to say! :hitwall:
Remember, she is not pointing her fingers at the American Military Complex, but the American People, who have little to do with wars and occupation. In fact the 'People' actually voted Obama into power who promised to bring 'the boys back home'.

Because unfortunately for some Americans and Indians a Muslim farmer living somewhere in Uzbekistan with a big beard is also a terrorist. Even though he has never killed anyone or fought in Afghanistan or Syria or he even cares about USA's war of terror.

Back
Top Bottom