What's new

Whatever

Ironicall!!!
That would be like supporting demolition of Buddha's sculptures in Afghanistan because talibani could not relate to it.

Demolition of the Buddha Sculptures was an act of zealotry which had nothing to do with whether one can or cannot relate to it; I support (as do most Pakistanis for obvious reasons) the preservation of our heritage including religious symbolism because it reminds us about the depth of the past of these lands but unlike our Indian counterparts and within them the Hindu counterparts, we don't go all glazed eye when talking about the Mauryan Empire and give into a romanticized notion of our glorious past - It doesn't hold the same kind of sway over us....its History and it must be Preserved but its Ancient History for us and we and them are not the same People anymore thats why we don't spin a Nationalistic agenda out of it.

My Culture, my History, my Traditions and my Values are what are associated more with my geographic and ethnic identities that have developed since the past 1 or 2 thousand years and is peppered by Islam here and there than it is by the cultural, historical, traditional or the value-system of people who inhabited these lands thousands upon thousands of years ago with whom I couldn't even drink a glass of water without some disparaging comment about my position in the caste-system being passed around because I'm not a Hindu anymore and haven't been for maybe a few hundred to a few thousand years and they weren't as Progressive as the Hindus of today are either, let alone having any more similarities with them.

So try to understand it from our perspective - Its impressive what the Ancients did here and they were our ancestors but we're so different to each other almost 180 degrees in pretty much everything that there really isn't a bond co-joining us together that can lead to a sense of Nationhood or any other such collectively romanticized notion developing which is anchored in Ancient History.

The same goes for Gandhiji then.
I don't have an iota of respect for that man but I am forced to call him the father of our nation.

What ! :o:

That is so.....so unfortunate, disrespecting the Father of One's Nation - That is so wrong !

Last edited:
Says the burger isloo kid. Please, i am nice where it matters :D

The relationship between you and I is as follows.

I see you walk in the door behind me, I'd open the door for you. But you being you, would pass a smartass quip and then id slam the door hard on your face. While you cry and i walk away laughing and feeling happy, nay fulfilled.
ahan,nice depiction you tried there lolz but wouldnt you like to know what happened after that?:p: they say never leave the story incomplete while narrating it to anyone:enjoy: considered a bad manner!

so after you left me there crying with slamming the door hard on my face,suddenly some good old quotes/reminders by my mom and other great people like Quaid Azam etc :enjoy: started passing my mind that "Never leave the Injustice done to you by anyone unanswered,always always pay back":p: so with these thoughts i wiped my tears away,entered your room in your office,where you were having your typical Lahori Breakfast Lassi and Hulwa Pori,i came near you,poured the glass of lassi on your head,threw hulwa pori on you and was about to punch you hard on your face when you quickly in fear bowed down and apologized to me and then gave me the reason of hitting on me i.e being a true Lahorite,while fasting or without breakfast your or any other Lahorite's Mota Demag dont work properly and hence in this hunger you ppl become Jungli and wouldnt even then spare attempting a mischief of hitting any innocent girl with a door :enjoy: ...after hearing the reason,i felt pity on you as im very well aware of the Jungliness of Lahories when they are hungry:p:, so i accepted your apology,left you puzzled and went away like a real victorious princess:happy: hahahaa now beat that !

PS hey dont call me a kid
smileys-angry-559707.gif
...i hate being called that...dont try to belittle my intelligence by calling me that name:astagh:

Last edited:
8fd.gif

Kaam chor? I reached the top of the food chain not to work kid, i make others work for me now. I have been way too lucky. Other much more hard workers are no where near my position in professional capacity. Khair i guess i am the Chosen One.
Not a very impressive success story of yours i must say:p: and remember every Pride/Rise hath a Fall:whistle:nobudy knows what's gunna happen to us in furture:whistle: except for God...you should have attributed your success to God as well:whistle:...im kind of more impressed with success stories of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates etc.....what they went through,how they handled it,what was the outcome and how they maintained their success by constantly being humble and hardworking:whistle:....i get inspiration from such people...they both are my most favurite personalities! we can learn alot from them really:agree:...they were very humbled people!

what's the fun of enjoying any success if the road leading to it is only smooth and without any obstacles?:p:

Last edited:
ahan,nice depiction you tried there lolz but wouldnt you like to know what happened after that?:p: they say never leave the story incomplete while narrating it to anyone:enjoy: considered a bad manner!

so after you left me there crying with slamming the door hard on my face,suddenly some good old quotes/reminders by my mom and other great people like Quaid Azam etc :enjoy: started passing my mind that "Never leave the Injustice done to you by anyone unanswered,always always pay back":p: so with these thoughts i wiped my tears away,entered your room in your office,where you were having your typical Lahori Breakfast Lassi and Hulwa Pori,i came near you,poured the glass of lassi on your head,threw hulwa pori on you and was about to punch you hard on your face when you quickly in fear bowed down and apologized to me and then gave me the reason of hitting on me i.e being a true Lahorite,while fasting or without breakfast your or any other Lahorite's Mota Demag dont work properly and hence in this hunger you ppl become Jungli and wouldnt even then spare attempting a mischief of hitting any innocent girl with a door :enjoy: ...after hearing the reason,i felt pity on you as im very well aware of the Jungliness of Lahories when they are hungry:p:, so i accepted your apology,left you puzzled and went away like a real victorious princess:happy: hahahaa now beat that !

PS hey dont call me a kid
smileys-angry-559707.gif
...i hate being called that...dont try to belittle my intelligence by calling me that name:astagh:

Hahahahah i seriously have never laughed this loud. OMG kid you have a mind, a creative one at that. I mean it when i say you should write short stories and develop from there. I can find someone to guide you a proper creative copyright to groom you.

Seriously beautiful stuff. I dont like lassi and halwa puri by the way :ashamed:

You win, aap se Allah hamari bachat karaye. :cuckoo:

Not a very impressive success story of yours i must say:p: and remember every Pride/Rise hath a Fall:whistle:nobudy knows what's gunna happen to us in furture:whistle: except for God...you should have attributed your success to God as well:whistle:...im kind of more impressed with success stories of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates etc.....what they went through,how they handled it,what was the outcome and how they maintained their success by constantly being humble and hardworking:whistle:....i get inspiration from such people...they both are my most favurite personalities! we can learn alot from them really:agree:...they were very humbled people!

what's the fun of enjoying any success if the road leading to it is only smooth and without any obstacles?:p:

Steve Jobs and humble? Tum paindu kaunse articles pardh rahi ho?

Plus I am a success story on my own, i didnt need no help. Nor do i need a role model to follow, I am your role model. Admit it, for I, Lord Informant, am your savior.

God has helped me, without His blessings nothing happens.

PAINDU Kid.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Last edited:
I am glad...... Hope all is well with you!! :P

I understand but it's just unfair how the justice for one party depends on that for another. Each case should be treated individually and handled by the courts. Politics just seems to ruin it all. They should hire a private lawyer and charge both the US and Pakistan in my opinion.
Welcome to the real world my dear --- this is how things work - we just cannot have it our way whenever we want whatever we want -----

The wizard knows all about it.:D

Apologies for a delayed reply.

Got a movie for your taste.

Walk of shame.2014

Not a hit as far as the quality is concerned,but it's good for some time pass.I've seen any movie after a big break,may be my standards about the quality have dropped down a bit.
Tell me about it when you get free.

Who doesn't miss the MMM?:pop:
Alpha1 got himself banned ,just because the MMM got closed. (lol)

Regards.
Thanks doc!!
Somehow most of the movies you've suggested till now were just about right for my taste.
And ergo its gonna be "walk of shame" this thursday nite.

Thanks doc!!
Somehow most of the movies you've suggested till now were just about right for my taste.
And ergo its gonna be "walk of shame" this thursday nite.
please tell me you are not the one who has been stealing my cheese when i sleep tight at night....
1319685742-screenshot.jpg

Demolition of the Buddha Sculptures was an act of zealotry which had nothing to do with whether one can or cannot relate to it; I support (as do most Pakistanis for obvious reasons) the preservation of our heritage including religious symbolism because it reminds us about the depth of the past of these lands but unlike our Indian counterparts and within them the Hindu counterparts, we don't go all glazed eye when talking about the Mauryan Empire and give into a romanticized notion of our glorious past - It doesn't hold the same kind of sway over us....its History and it must be Preserved but its Ancient History for us and we and them are not the same People anymore thats why we don't spin a Nationalistic agenda out of it.

My Culture, my History, my Traditions and my Values are what are associated more with my geographic and ethnic identities that have developed since the past 1 or 2 thousand years and is peppered by Islam here and there than it is by the cultural, historical, traditional or the value-system of people who inhabited these lands thousands upon thousands of years ago with whom I couldn't even drink a glass of water without some disparaging comment about my position in the caste-system being passed around because I'm not a Hindu anymore and haven't been for maybe a few hundred to a few thousand years and they weren't as Progressive as the Hindus of today are either, let alone having any more similarities with them.

So try to understand it from our perspective - Its impressive what the Ancients did here and they were our ancestors but we're so different to each other almost 180 degrees in pretty much everything that there really isn't a bond co-joining us together that can lead to a sense of Nationhood or any other such collectively romanticized notion developing which is anchored in Ancient History.
So that would mean a muslim might not feel proud of his hindu heritage dispite the fact that it would be pushing the future generation in an abyss...abyss of ıgnorance ,because their recent past is all that should matter to 'em. Is that what you're comıng to??
What ıs that sayıng about not forgettıng on's roots??? :whistle:
(I am so damn sleepy that I would've to read your post again tomorrow.Did your english teacher tell you that you should use full stops more frequently??? I was yawning after i read your page long sentence.)

Armstrong said:
What ! :o:

That is so.....so unfortunate, disrespecting the Father of One's Nation - That is so wrong !
I harbor some very rebellıous thoughts I know , but there's a reason. :coffee:
please tell me you are not the one who has been stealing my cheese when i sleep tight at night....
1319685742-screenshot.jpg
yep
yum1 smiley.gif

that was ındeed my Jerry who gobbled up your cheese.
harhar.gif

Last edited:
So that would mean a muslim might not feel proud of his hindu heritage dispite the fact that it would be pushing the future generation in an abyss...abyss of ıgnorance ,because their recent past is all that should matter to 'em. Is that what you're comıng to??
What ıs that sayıng about not forgettıng on's roots??? :whistle:
(I am so damn sleepy that I would've to read your post again tomorrow.Did your english teacher tell you that you should use full stops more frequently??? I was yawning after i read your page long sentence.)

As a matter of fact she did tell me that ! :ashamed:

A Muslim may feel whatever emotions he or she so desire; I'm certainly not proud of my Hindu, Muslim or whatever-we-believed-before-that past because pride has got nothing to do with it - I know that my ancestors were Hindus before they became Muslims and were Pagans of some other Animistic Religion before they became Hindus or possibly even prescribed to the monotheistic purity of the Vedic Religions before Hinduism was born, but what is there to be proud or ashamed about in any of that ?

I used the word 'relate' - I can't relate to the cultures, traditions, values and even the world-view of the those that came before me because I simply don't follow them. I don't even believe in what the Muslims in these regions perhaps 500 year ago used to believe in but I can at the very least relate to it because Islam provides some sort of reference point that makes me go 'Ahhhh so thats what they were talking about; I don't agree with it nor do I like it but I get where they're coming from' ! The same can't be said about the ones before them for me.

So far as throwing future generations into the abyss is concerned - Its not gonna happen; we are what we make ourselves to be and no notions of a romanticized past (whether true or not) is going to propel us forward or keep us shackled to the ground because we are the sum of our choices....nothing more....nothing less.

Besides if you give anthropology a cursory look (and you should....its very..very interesting) you'd realize that these Ethnicities, these Linguistic Groups, these Cultures etc. are an artificial construct - We made them up ! So whereas its understandable to like what you made and feel proud of that, I'm certainly not going to let that pride give way to Nationhood on the basis of Us vs Them as almost every other Nation does because the very idea of Nationhood is based on Exclusivity - Hummm Jaiseee Koi Nahin....we're Punjabis, we're Tamils, we're Kashmiris, we're Bengalis and so on and so forth.

Then theres the thing that if all of these divisions are artificial constructs (as they most certainly are), where they heck do we draw the line ?

Where do we say that after 'this' point in time the Punjabi People were created and this where I'm gonna start the Story of my Nation from ?

And why at that date ? Why not the one before it or the one after it ?

And why the Punjabis mind you when both History and Anthropology tell us that before the Punjabis some other Race of People inhabited these lands ! We may not know what they were called but Mother Nature didn't divulge out a Perfect specimen of a Punjabi from her bosom for all to behold; the Punjabis were born out of another group of People who inhabited these lands over the years who in turn were born out of another group of people and they another leading back to the Caveman as our Ancestor !

Why then do we not start feeling the pride, the joy and all the emotions associated with a particular group that give birth to a sense of Nationhood for the Homo Erectus ? Or even before that because he wasn't the first one here !

Heck why don't we all feel that for the first Multi-Cellular Organism that gave birth to us ! :lol:

And if Mankind did start from Sri Lanka or from Africa as I've read; why then do we not all feel those emotions for the Africans or the Sri Lankans ?

I just find this irrational...thats all !

I'm conscious of where I come from but just as I don't feel the need to be proud of my Caveman heritage or that of any other Ethnic or Linguistic Groups that gave birth to my own, because this really isn't a question of pride for me, I'm not proud or ashamed of my Non-Muslim heritage.

Last edited:
Welcome to the real world my dear --- this is how things work - we just cannot have it our way whenever we want whatever we want -----
Why not!!! If we all work together though we can bring about change and a difference...it's just a matter of trying and believing...people become too realistic too fast...it's all possible but no one is willing to take the initiative especially with her. :(

As a matter of fact she did tell me that ! :ashamed:
I knew it!!
And you've not improved a bit in all these years.8-)

Armstrong said:
A Muslim may feel whatever emotions he or she so desire; I'm certainly not proud of my Hindu, Muslim or whatever-we-believed-before-that past because pride has got nothing to do with it - I know that my ancestors were Hindus before they became Muslims and were Pagans of some other Animistic Religion before they became Hindus or possibly even prescribed to the monotheistic purity of the Vedic Religions before Hinduism was born, but what is there to be proud or ashamed about in any of that ?

I used the word 'relate' - I can't relate to the cultures, traditions, values and even the world-view of the those that came before me because I simply don't follow them. I don't even believe in what the Muslims in these regions perhaps 500 year ago used to believe in but I can at the very least relate to it because Islam provides some sort of reference point that makes me go 'Ahhhh so thats what they were talking about; I don't agree with it nor do I like it but I get where they're coming from' ! The same can't be said about the ones before them for me.

So far as throwing future generations into the abyss is concerned - Its not gonna happen; we are what we make ourselves to be and no notions of a romanticized past (whether true or not) is going to propel us forward or keep us shackled to the ground because we are the sum of our choices....nothing more....nothing less.

Besides if you give anthropology a cursory look (and you should....its very..very interesting) you'd realize that these Ethnicities, these Linguistic Groups, these Cultures etc. are an artificial construct - We made them up ! So whereas its understandable to like what you made and feel proud of that, I'm certainly not going to let that pride give way to Nationhood on the basis of Us vs Them as almost every other Nation does because the very idea of Nationhood is based on Exclusivity - Hummm Jaiseee Koi Nahin....we're Punjabis, we're Tamils, we're Kashmiris, we're Bengalis and so on and so forth.

Then theres the thing that if all of these divisions are artificial constructs (as they most certainly are), where they heck do we draw the line ?

Where do we say that after 'this' point in time the Punjabi People were created and this where I'm gonna start the Story of my Nation from ?

And why at that date ? Why not the one before it or the one after it ?

And why the Punjabis mind you when both History and Anthropology tell us that before the Punjabis some other Race of People inhabited these lands ! We may not know what they were called but Mother Nature didn't divulge out a Perfect specimen of a Punjabi from her bosom for all to behold; the Punjabis were born out of another group of People who inhabited these lands over the years who in turn were born out of another group of people and they another leading back to the Caveman as our Ancestor !

Why then do we not start feeling the pride, the joy and all the emotions associated with a particular group that give birth to a sense of Nationhood for the Homo Erectus ? Or even before that because he wasn't the first one here !

Heck why don't we all feel that for the first Multi-Cellular Organism that gave birth to us !

And if Mankind did start from Sri Lanka or from Africa as I've read; why then do we not all feel those emotions for the Africans or the Sri Lankans ?

I just find this irrational...thats all !

I'm conscious of where I come from but just as I don't feel the need to be proud of my Caveman heritage or that of any other Ethnic or Linguistic Groups that gave birth to my own, because this really isn't a question of pride for me, I'm not proud or ashamed of my Non-Muslim heritage.
You're just a confused soul hon.:coffee:
I understand when you say you can't relate to something from your distant past as its not a part of you today and your thoughts.But then I'm not asking you to say "Hey I'm white and I'm proud of it"...nope that would be racist.
All I am asking you to do is to accept your heritage and be proud of what your ancestors,be it hindu or muslim, left for their future generations.
And frankly you've very smartly deviated from the topic.I did not ask you to be proud of the single celled organism which brought life to earth.Our debate/discussion did not start there,it started with you very conveniently dumping some of your kings just because you thought you could not relate to their culture and that you might 've problem accepting 'em and their heritage.

I take pride in the fact that we have tajmahal in north,konark the beautiful sun temple in east, meenakshi temple in the south with its beautiful architecture, the ajanta and elora caves (dated to 2nd century) and breathtaking pink fort in jaipur.
Its not about lending a hand in its restoration i am talking about, I genuinely feel the connect.And i would really want to know more about my sophrosyne ancestors,religion no bar.
And you know what? I do relate to ppl in Sri lanka too,why? you would ask.
Its because our mythology is incomplete without Sri Lanka.
And if it is about Africa, then my dear let me tell you if the present day archaeologists find a trace of my ancestry in Africa then I would love to go and probe deeper instead of relenting it.We've a decorous past and i am proud of it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom