What's new

Whatever

Post reported for having baby as avatar. Child abuse is not allowed sir.

:P
Post not reported as it's bheri phanny. :sarcastic:
Post reported for dancing at an unearthly hour.

Ab bacche ki jaan loge kya . . .
franky.gif

Trust me, many Women are allowed to work late with great trepidation.
Many a phone calls come from Homes to not dither around and come back home after dark.
The statisitics in this case back up my case

It used to be the same in my case too. Parents used to call if the cab got late. Then later on I used to stay back a lot to do overtime and used to come home only by afternoon. Once I yelled back at my father for calling. He stopped calling since that day. It was a new phenomenon in the cities, so it was natural to get worried. So there are fathers and brothers who wait with the girls at the cab pick up points, but then there are also a huge number of PG girls from all over India who live alone, travel alone, who have no one to "protect" them. So it is all sorts really. I once went out for a late night drive and was shocked to see the Coffee Days and Baristas full around 3 a.m. In my office earlier it used to be very lenient, they would not lock the gates, so girls and boys would come in sign the register (way before zicom) and go out for all night parties. Then an incident happened and 2 boys got killed in an accident when they were coming back from a party, and since then the company started locking the gates and monitoring late night outings.

though I do get annoyed with western commnetators inserting caste, when that is not even the issue in the story

It is their way of looking down at us, framing us as something less than evolved humans unlike them and most of it is from the Ivy League universities. It is also their way of working on the fault lines in India and widening it, and unfortunately Indians become willing collaborators. If you have time do watch this video.

There are lot of BPO's in Kerala too and most of them work 24/7. So I assume there are many women working the night shift. In my office, the mallu crowd were over represented and plenty of mallus in the night shift including married women.

Goddamn Mallus. Why don't they kick these people out? :mad:

They need to stay in their own goddamn state :mad:

Wait.....

If you can't beat them, join them is my strategy. Become an honorary mallu myself ;)

It's funny, when I was growing up, I thought Mallus were lame, (had bad opinion about Mallu women too) Kerala was the worst place to be in India.

If you ask me now, I have met some very intelligent Mallus. Met Keralite girls and Women here who were classy and elegant. And i don't think Kerala is exactly the worst place in India.

Being in a foreign land, I guess you could say I view Kerala in a different light :dirol:

Back
Top Bottom