What's new

What ya eating?

20220518_214647.jpg

Beef pulao & Beef Kabab. Pulao is so so. Seekh kabab is delish.
Total damages: Rs 160
Procured from Mosque Road (Frazer Town) and brought home. Kabab hardened up a bit, but still nice.

The rice is a small grain variety known as Zeera Samba rice. This is the standard rice used in South Indian meat dishes. I believe it is called Gobind Bhog rice in Bengal. Very tasty rice.

Pulao seen here is half plate of half plate ! So great value for money :)

food.jpeg

Procured from Mosque Road (Frazer Town) and brought home. Kabab hardened up a bit, but still nice.

The rice is a small grain variety known as Zeera Samba rice. This is the standard rice used in South Indian meat dishes. I believe it is called Gobind Bhog rice in Bengal. Very tasty rice.

View attachment 846673
That's a very bad pulao, I'll be honest with you

This is not how pulaos are supposed to look like , even the pulao texture seems to be missing, rice seems not the type for pulao

Overall disappointment 😥, pulao teh naa the thuanu briyani tusha diti

Finished-pilau-dish.jpg

That's a very bad pulao, I'll be honest with you

This is not how pulaos are supposed to look like , even the pulao texture seems to be missing, rice seems not the type for pulao

Overall disappointment 😥, pulao teh naa the thuanu briyani tusha diti
Agreed. This pulao (or kebab) wins no beauty contest. It tastes fine though.

Zeera Samba rice is a very tasty and fragrant rice, but doesn't look great on cooking. Moreover this is poor man's food ($ 2 only) and pulao cost just 90 Rs. I got large amount of rice and 4 chunks of beef. No nonsense food. One can get all varieties in the same area, costing up to Rs 500 a plate.

Weekdays = simple, home food.

Green peas and potato curry, stir fry arbi (colocasia), chapati and spiced buttermilk (not in picture).
I am a sloppy eater so I prefer these prison style plates with border.

food.jpeg

@Sharma Ji

Green peas and potato curry, stir fry arbi (colocasia), chapati and spiced buttermilk (not in picture).

View attachment 847218

@Sharma Ji
the good ol' lohay ki thali <3

is garmi mein mera to pet hi khrab ho gya egg mutton roll kha ke :lol:

back to ghar ki gobi aloo/roti/raita for a few now :P

View attachment 846673
Buffalo , cow or oxen?

----------------------

also, they make a really really crisp dry arbee/arvee that's tossed around in a pan a lot.. root vegetable, I like it.. kathal/jackfruit is ok sometimes. Mom used to fool me saying this is mutton/chicken when I was a kid and fed me the stuff lol.

----------------------

also, they make a really really crisp dry arbee/arvee that's tossed around in a pan a lot.. root vegetable, I like it.. also kathal/jackfruit is ok sometimes. Mom used to fool me saying this is mutton/chicken when I was a kid and fed me the stuff lol.

In Haldiram they sell 'vrat ki thali' on Navratra. That contains the deep fried arbi you are talking about. Quite tasty. This is boiled and then stir fried.

View attachment 847218

@Sharma Ji

Sir Jee: "Aaloo Mutter" kay saath "Ubla Hua Anda" zaroor hona chaahiye; chaahay cholesterol ki goli he kyun na khaani parhay. :lol:

In Haldiram they sell 'vrat ki thali' on Navratra. That contains the deep fried arbi you are talking about. Quite tasty. This is boiled and then stir fried.
yup, similar.. same family of root veggies I guess as the sweet potato/shakarakand... I love it hard baked without the nimbu chaat masala but.. tastes like roasted chestnut :) .. a bit of salt, if at all to balance the sweet taste.

Sir Jee: "Aaloo Mutter" kay saath "Ubla Hua Anda" zaroor hona chaahiye; chaahay cholesterol ki goli he kyun na khaani parhay. :lol:

Sir ji, normally when I eat eggs with south asian style food, except Biryani, it is always desi Omelette with lots of onion, coriander and green chillies. Daal chawal and omelette, paratha and omelette etc.
Ate 3 boiled eggs for breakfast BTW :p:. Cholesterol to hona hi hai.

Maine khana chod diya hai .
Mera weight ek Waqt par 83 kg tha , ab 72 hai .
Muje 60 tak jana hai, mai bas ek baar khana kahta hu raat mein

No gym needed

Sir ji, normally when I eat eggs with south asian style food, except Biryani, it is always desi Omelette with lots of onion, coriander and green chillies. Daal chawal and omelette, paratha and omelette etc.
Ate 3 boiled eggs for breakfast BTW :p:. Cholesterol to hona hi hai.

Good. Normally, in our households, certain curries, like Aaloo curry, Aaloo Mutter curry, are essentially served with boiled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom