What's new

What ya eating?

Maine khana chod diya hai .
Mera weight ek Waqt par 83 kg tha , ab 72 hai .
Main toh breakfast finish karta hu toh lunch ki chinta shuru ho jati hai. Lunch finish kiya to evening snacks ki.

Muje 60 tak jana hai, mai bas ek baar khana kahta hu raat mein
60 is girl's weight. How tall are you? I am 175 cms and 84 kgs, but well built, not flabby.

aloo tikki chaat incoming !

1653385076053.png

uska fried alu mujhe garam rakhega, dahi mujhe thanda karega

1653385223929.png

long live, Ajit urf Mr Hamid Ali Khan !

Weekdays = simple, home food.

Green peas and potato curry, stir fry arbi (colocasia), chapati and spiced buttermilk (not in picture).
I am a sloppy eater so I prefer these prison style plates with border.

View attachment 847218

@Sharma Ji
I didn't know one could stir fry arvi like this. Is it pre boiled first? Usually it takes quite long to tenderize this tough root. I can't imagine to have a tender piece by just stir frying. :unsure:

Beef pulao & Beef Kabab. Pulao is so so. Seekh kabab is delish.
Total damages: Rs 160
Procured from Mosque Road (Frazer Town) and brought home. Kabab hardened up a bit, but still nice.

The rice is a small grain variety known as Zeera Samba rice. This is the standard rice used in South Indian meat dishes. I believe it is called Gobind Bhog rice in Bengal. Very tasty rice.

Pulao seen here is half plate of half plate ! So great value for money :)

View attachment 846673
Kabab looks very dry indeed, probably the qeema doesn't have the correct required meat to fat ratio.
Is that sambar in the bowl?

Why is pizza served with ketchup, mayo or sweet chili sauce in South Asian countries? I don't get it. :undecided:

Last edited:
I didn't know one could stir fry arvi like this. Is it pre boiled first? Usually it takes quite long to tenderize this tough root. I can't imagine to have a tender piece by just stir frying. :unsure:

Yes. The method seems to be boiling, and then frying. We normally cook it as a thick curry, just like potato curry.

View attachment 847236

long live, Ajit urf Mr Hamid Ali Khan !

Yes. Mona Darling. :lol:

I didn't know one could stir fry arvi like this. Is it pre boiled first? Usually it takes quite long to tenderize this tough root. I can't imagine to have a tender piece by just stir frying.

You are right. This is first quick boiled in pressure cooker, with the skin and then stir fried. Like potatoes. Some people will peel and deep fry it directly. I prefer the former version.

Kabab looks very dry indeed, probably the qeema doesn't have the correct required meat to fat ratio

TBH, Bangalore is not the best place for seekh kabab. Outside of North India, good seekh kababs are to be found only in Kolkata and Mumbai. In Bangalore the places which serve good seekh kababs tend to be expensive places and use mutton. With mutton you are not sure if you are getting lamb or goat. I don't like lamb so go for beef in seekh kababs, which is available only in low end restaurants like the one I bought it from.

Is that sambar in the bowl?

No, it is a plain and thin daal, something you will find as a pulao/biryani accompaniment only in south India. Normally they give raita also but due to inflation everyone is doing cost cutting :(

TBH, Bangalore is not the best place for seekh kabab. Outside of North India, good seekh kababs are to be found only in Kolkata and Mumbai. In Bangalore the places which serve good seekh kababs tend to be expensive places and use mutton. With mutton you are not sure if you are getting lamb or goat. I don't like lamb so go for beef in seekh kababs, which is available only in low end restaurants like the one I bought it from.
In the north nobody uses lamb/sheep.. its all bakra/goat. Even Kashmiri food is mostly goat, doubt they use lamb but not entirely sure.

also, Mumbai's idea of north indian food, at least the way we dilliwalas/UP wallas etc are used to is very different.. you can go to the venerable sher-e-punjab for some really good tandoor and curries but that is restaurant style thick gravy fatty stuff. Paradise do a really good biriyani and sides.. and beer used to be really cheap back in the day, not sure how it is now.

In the north nobody uses lamb/sheep.. its all bakra/goat. Even Kashmiri food is mostly goat, doubt they use lamb but not entirely sure.

also, Mumbai's idea of north indian food, at least the way we dilliwalas/UP wallas etc are used to is very different.. you can go to the venerable sher-e-punjab for some really good tandoor and curries but that is restaurant style thick gravy fatty stuff. Paradise do a really good biriyani and sides.. and beer used to be really cheap back in the day, not sure how it is now.

North Indian food outside of north India is different, but over time it has become quite tasty, even if not authentic. Something like Indian Chinese. As a simplification I would say Mumbai (and now even Bangalore) make better north Indian food than Delhi makes South Indian or Mumbai food.

North Indian food outside of north India is different, but over time it has become quite tasty, even if not authentic. Something like Indian Chinese. As a simplification I would say Mumbai (and now even Bangalore) make better north Indian food than Delhi makes South Indian or Mumbai food.
yeah, I've noticed.. sure its tasty, just different, they have their own takes on it, which is fine.

wrong about not getting authentic southy food in Dilli at least, there's lots of super authentic ones with staff packed to the brim with proper southies. cooks, waiters, everyone.. there's the legendary Sagar and Savarna Bhavan for veggie udupi dosas, filter coffee etc, there's Swagath for malabar and southern seafood and others. There are still nooks and crannies where we get beef tikkas etc too but they've gone slightly underground after the current guys came to power..

pata hona chahiye, sab kuch milega 8-)

yeah, I've noticed.. sure its tasty, just different, they have their own takes on it, which is fine.

wrong about not getting authentic southy food in Dilli at least, there's lots of super authentic ones with staff packed to the brim with proper southies. cooks, waiters, everyone.. there's the legendary Sagar and Savarna Bhavan for veggie udupi dosas, filter coffee etc, there's Swagath for malabar and southern seafood and others. There are still nooks and crannies where we get beef tikkas etc too but they've gone slightly underground after the current guys came to power..

pata hona chahiye, sab kuch milega 8-)

I'll put it in another way - Value for money south Indian food is not easy to find in Delhi, while you can get value for money north Indian in Mumbai and BLR. Swagath is good but expensive. Similarly there used to be one Naivadyam but again fairly pricey. I am used to Malabar Parathas for Rs 20 and chicken roast (half plate) for Rs 40 in a Kerala mess next door. Opposite my house an Udupi restaurant makes finger licking dosas for Rs 50 and giant Thatte Idli for Rs 20 with ghee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom