What's new

What ya eating?

Today after a long time I ate this (photo not mine, next time will try to click my own before eating):

View attachment 845130

Ragi balls with chicken curry.
Where: Street side vendor near my house
Cost: Rs 50 per ragi ball (unlimited curry servings included). They charge you per ball, not for curry. I ate 2.

Ragi is finger millet, also called Nachni ka aata in north India. It is very heavy and almost impossible to eat more than 2. They say it gives you lot of strength like Bahubali, but I always feel sleepy after eating it.

It is staple diet of Gowda community in Karnataka. Also popular in Telangana and AP.

@jamahir @Sharma Ji @SIPRA

Sir Jee: We don't have it in Pakistan, as far as I know. Never heard of it.

Sir Jee: We don't have it in Pakistan, as far as I know. Never heard of it.

Yes I doubt it is grown in Pakistan. It is native to Africa, which may explain my affinity to it.
It is seeing a sort of renaissance with food bloggers praising its nutritional qualities and the fact that it is environment friendly (pest resistant, requires less water).

It also tastes good mixed with milk and chocolate powder. Some sort of power drink for vital organs :coffee:

Eating rajma Chawal, comfort
all time classic, I <3 that stuff

1652883389268.png

20220514_090729.jpg
20220514_091129.jpg
20220514_091346.jpg

Went for breakfast last Saturday with my office team. Typical Lahori spread, Chickpea curry with boiled eggs, goat trotter curry, laal boti shorba & my personal favourite "Bong" ka shorba. Bong is basically the muscle from a cow leg's calf. Slow cooked for upto 10 hours till the meat is falling apart at just a touch. Same for laal boti (read meat cut) except this one is made from thigh muscle. Both the shorbas are served as is or with cooked bone marrow (the white bits in one of the bowls). All mopped up with fresh piping hot kulchas from the tandoor & washed down with mugs of sweet buffalo milk lassi. ❤❤

Yes I doubt it is grown in Pakistan. It is native to Africa, which may explain my affinity to it.
It is seeing a sort of renaissance with food bloggers praising its nutritional qualities and the fact that it is environment friendly (pest resistant, requires less water).

It also tastes good mixed with milk and chocolate powder. Some sort of power drink for vital organs :coffee:

Traditionally, in Punjab, the attributes of nourishment and strength, you are ascribing to this finger millet, were assigned to pearl millet (Baajra); though, now a days, it is rarely used, at least in urban areas. Long time, when I tasted it last time.

Post picture of what you guys eat, day to day. From breakfast to any snacks you might enjoy. I'm interested to know what people around the world eat, at home. Not street food or anything, just what you might eat regularly.
Post pictures and a small discription.
Everyone is encouraged to take part.

I consume one cow every year…..😎

Back
Top Bottom