What's new

What ya eating?

I only find that fake compressed stuff, what's it called again? Like the one that looks like a dumbbell. I cant find the other stuff, maybe it's the place where I am. Btw we dont have loblaws :(

Sadly my laptop, even tho it's new is shizz. So it cant run large games. More of a laptop for uni and office, which is what I mostly use it for.

Yah those are briquettes rather than proper charcoal true. You can try order online...could be cheaper too.

Yah those are briquettes rather than proper charcoal true. You can try order online...could be cheaper too.
Nah, the shipping would make the price difference nonexistent or even worse. I'll just try to find some professional(restaurants) here and see if they know.

I only find that fake compressed stuff, what's it called again? Like the one that looks like a dumbbell. I cant find the other stuff, maybe it's the place where I am. Btw we dont have loblaws :(

Sadly my laptop, even tho it's new is shizz. So it cant run large games. More of a laptop for uni and office, which is what I mostly use it for.
It can run vanilla skyrim with few minor graphic mods though
Go for character overhaul mod it makes the faces of all races presentable

Holy hell....:cheesy:
Never got into it. Last time I heard people talking about it was a bunch of my friends, 6 years ago. Had it updated and progressed because the graphics still look iffy?

Ya we have fresh thai chilies here. I use them all the time, but only a small bit. I'm part of the country that doesnt eat spicy food so if it gets really spicy, it starts to bother me.

You had to rub it in, you lucky duck. Regarding the smoking then we really dont smoke food. Well we Pakhtoons for the Peshawar region dont. Cant say about any of the other regions. Infact we kinda hate the smoke taste. So in Canada I use propane but in Pakistan we use charcoal. I cant find any good charcoal here and it's kinda said, cause their is a world of difference between propane and charcoal.

@Nilgiri do you know where to get good charcoal?
Just use regular powder; that should work and give you what you are looking for.

I put wood up approx 2 hrs to burn; once it is stopped flaming, then we braai on it; normally with this wood it goes for approx 12hrs. We dont smoke anything except fish; not the norm here except we are blessed with dry air so drying biltong is the favourite plus also drywoeres; that is sausages we make using sheep intestines; then fill it up with game or beef with seasoning then hang it to dry - that is a long process too much undertaking for me.

Its 11 $ on steam
Well there are other ways :D
11$ if I do my calculations correctly, that's 3 medium' double double and 1 small double double, coffee from Tim's :close_tema:

Just use regular powder; that should work and give you what you are looking for.

I put wood up approx 2 hrs to burn; once it is stopped flaming, then we braai on it; normally with this wood it goes for approx 12hrs. We dont smoke anything except fish; not the norm here except we are blessed with dry air so drying biltong is the favourite plus also drywoeres; that is sausages we make using sheep intestines; then fill it up with game or beef with seasoning then hang it to dry - that is a long process too much undertaking for me.
I think the longest dish that we make is called dumpukht

Dumpukht is a real treat and feast indeed. It takes 6-8 hours to cook properly and as a kid I was so facinated with sealing the lid that I had to follow the whole procedure. :haha:
It can turn real nasty real fast if not cooked properly though. It's a very delicate dish

Kudu spotted on the property.

Attachments

• IMG_1946.JPG
    IMG_1946.JPG
    842.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1957.JPG
    IMG_1957.JPG
    473.5 KB · Views: 40
IMG_20190708_121109.jpg

Gahori asar bhut jolokia aru xukaan khorisa hoite.
(Pickled smoked meat with sun dried fermented bamboo shoots and ghost chili peppers, a recipe unique to NE India. The original recipe doesn't call for onion but couldn't help adding a few shreds of deep fried onions to this batch. Can be made with chicken, pork, beef or mutton as per one's convenience though the original Assamese recipe invariably uses our Assam Tractor:-))

Kudu spotted on the property.
Is the first one eaten?

View attachment 568385
Gahori asar bhut jolokia aru xukaan khorisa hoite.
(Pickled smoked meat with sun dried fermented bamboo shoots and ghost chili peppers, a recipe unique to NE India. The original recipe doesn't call for onion but couldn't help adding a few shreds of deep fried onions to this batch. Can be made with chicken, pork, beef or mutton as per one's convenience though the original Assamese recipe invariably uses our Assam Tractor:-))
They eat meat? Isnt the majority hindu? Or Is it Christian?

Is the first one eaten?

They eat meat? Isnt the majority hindu? Or Is it Christian?
Assamese are majority Hindus, ethnic Assamese Muslims form a miniscule portion of our community which has been overshadowed by the large Bengali Muslim presence. Christian tribes in Assam are only about 3 pc of the population, mostly the Christian Bodos, Karbis, Dimasas and the Nagas in Assam.

By meat i meant pork but refrained from mentioning the word as this is a predominantly Muslim forum. Pork is our staple in Assam and the NE in general, and we eat lots of it on a daily basis particularly in upper Assam, the region i belong to. Smoked, fire grilled, boiled, stir fried, pickled and braised in curries.. Beef is mainly popular in Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh, but that doesn't stop some of the food enthusiasts in Assam to sample the unique beef recipes of those regions.

Back
Top Bottom