What's new

What ya eating?

Attachments

• IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    618.8 KB · Views: 37
Assamese are majority Hindus, ethnic Assamese Muslims form a miniscule portion of our community which has been overshadowed by the large Bengali Muslim presence. Christian tribes in Assam are only about 3 pc of the population, mostly the Christian Bodos, Karbis, Dimasas and the Nagas in Assam.

By meat i meant pork but refrained from mentioning the word as this is a predominantly Muslim forum. Pork is our staple in Assam and the NE in general, and we eat lots of it on a daily basis particularly in upper Assam, the region i belong to. Smoked, fire grilled, boiled, stir fried, pickled and braised in curries.. Beef is mainly popular in Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh, but that doesn't stop some of the food enthusiasts in Assam to sample the unique beef recipes of those regions.
Why were you hesitant to mention that? No one cares what you eat and what you dont, so that fear shouldn't be there.

And that's intresting so even the hindu population eats pork there?

I
no not this one.
Cant see the image

Why were you hesitant to mention that? No one cares what you eat and what you dont, so that fear shouldn't be there.

I

Cant see the image
I posted the correct one later on. Come on over for kalahari sheep chops.

Attachments

• IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    628.2 KB · Views: 39
Yes, except a very small minority of Assamese Brahmins(unlike Brahmins from other parts many of them eat it) i would say that everyone eats pork. Some portion of the Hindu Bengalis and Biharis eat it while the vegetarians like the Marwaris and Jains like being vegetarians.:-)

Thats great you have such a property with wildlife visitors.
yes, lot of ostriches, sometimes zebras come by to a watering hole. Eland/kudu are migratory; tonnes of impala around. my headaches are from time to time leopards.

Yes, except a very small minority of Assamese Brahmins(unlike Brahmins from other parts many of them eat it) i would say that everyone eats pork. Some portion of the Hindu Bengalis and Biharis eat it while the vegetarians like the Marwaris and Jains like being vegetarians.:-)
Intresting

I posted the correct one later on. Come on over for kalahari sheep chops.
I wish man.

Back
Top Bottom