What's new

What ya eating?

I have had it once and I liked it, specially the sauce and the sweet potato.

Where do you get Gado Gado ? Is there any Pakistani restaurant selling Gado Gado ?

Gado Gado also use eggs (protein) and vegetable including boiled potato. Some time we eat it with rice too. Yup I am agree on you the sauce is excellent.

Where do you get Gado Gado ? Is there any Pakistani restaurant selling Gado Gado ?

Gado Gado also use eggs (protein) and vegetable including boiled potato. Some time we eat it with rice too. Yup I am agree on you the sauce is excellent.
I had Gado Gado in an Indonesian restaurant in Singapore it was called the Kantchil or the deer. Since I don't trust foodsellers in that region (afraid of pork meat or fat) I went for vegetarian food and chose to have Gado Gado with sateh sauce. It was a funny combination of boiled veggies with a rich sauce and krupook and a half boiled egg. It was served with a sambal made of dried shrips. I loved it.

I also tried their mackrel pepesan with pandan rice.
The sauce looked hot like hell but tasted quite alright.

Spaghetti aglio e olio tonight.

20190615_201838.jpg
20190615_202738.jpg
20190615_202751.jpg
20190615_202805.jpg
20190615_202840.jpg

I haven't come across any Indonesian restaurant in Karachi or Islamabad yet. Maybe they are there but I haven't discovered them. We like spicy food, thai and malaysian curries do quiet well with us so Indonesian curries, specially rendang, ayam setan, ayam bali, guleh and sateh will do well. Not too sure about gado gado because boiled veggies are not really our cup of tea. But if you serve sayur lodeh with coconut they'll love it. :smitten:

I haven't come across any Indonesian restaurant in Karachi or Islamabad yet. Maybe they are there but I haven't discovered them. We like spicy food, thai and malaysian curries do quiet well with us so Indonesian curries, specially rendang, ayam setan, ayam bali, guleh and sateh will do well. Not too sure about gado gado because boiled veggies are not really our cup of tea. But if you serve sayur lodeh with coconut they'll love it. :smitten:

LOL you know so many Indonesian food :D

Nice, did you make it yourself?
yes. always. I posted the receipe long back here. very simple.
do you have red or white vinegar.
let me know will give you the receipe. It is a winner hands down always.

yes. always. I posted the receipe long back here. very simple.
do you have red or white vinegar.
let me know will give you the receipe. It is a winner hands down always.
I love piri piri and yes I do have a nice collection of regular and spiced vinegar :smitten:

I love piri piri and yes I do have a nice collection of regular and spiced vinegar :smitten:
great.

cut up full chicken. keep the skin on. that is a must.

Next marinade
1 table spoon of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of paprika (sweet chilli powder) - this is for smokyness
2 teaspoons of peri-peri chilli powder - if you dont have, just substitute with 4 teaspoons of hot cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of white vinegar or red vinegar. Sometimes i use apple cider or mixed vinegars.
1 full lemon - cut and extract all juice + pulp.
1 tablespoon of coriander powder
1 tablespoon of parsley powder
2 tablespoon of veggie oil

Mix up the marinade and and put the chicken pieces and mix by hand. leave for 24 to 48hrs.

That is all.

You will see the difference; nandos puts the chicken in salt water/bay leaf; then just baste the sauce; WRONG. That is incorrect.

Just grill on hot coals or gas grill.

great.

cut up full chicken. keep the skin on. that is a must.

Next marinade
1 table spoon of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of paprika (sweet chilli powder) - this is for smokyness
2 teaspoons of peri-peri chilli powder - if you dont have, just substitute with 4 teaspoons of hot cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of white vinegar or red vinegar. Sometimes i use apple cider or mixed vinegars.
1 full lemon - cut and extract all juice + pulp.
1 tablespoon of coriander powder
1 tablespoon of parsley powder
2 tablespoon of veggie oil

Mix up the marinade and and put the chicken pieces and mix by hand. leave for 24 to 48hrs.

That is all.

You will see the difference; nandos puts the chicken in salt water/bay leaf; then just baste the sauce; WRONG. That is incorrect.

Just grill on hot coals or gas grill.
Thanks, it's slightly different that my recipe so I will try it.
Do you grill it fry it on a hotplate?
I have even roasted it on charcoal but I don't know what's the authentic way to prepare it.
Also the origin seems twisted between Mexico, Cuba and Trinidad.

I have even roasted it on charcoal but I don't know what's the authentic way to prepare it.
portugese - mostly from moz or angola. this is what my friend's mom taught me.
authentic is over slow medium charcoal.

but the main thing is to have the peri-peri chilli. that is a must. it is fruity but hot; unlike the west indies peppers - lot of heat but no flavour. here we plant it on our land; plenty and lives on for 5 yrs or so; gives tonnes of peppers.

Do you make biltong or dried meat? It is cold now, so i may make some over the weekend. marinate wild game meat in strips in vinegar, rock salt, coriander for 24 hrs; then hang it up like strips in open air. after 6 - 7 days ready to eat.

Back
Top Bottom