What's new

What was india in 1835,How British destroyed India.

Sher Shah Suri remains one of the most admired rulers for his administrative reforms even though he ruled for a fairly short period. Akbar is admired as being one of India's greatest rulers. Not fair to suggest that Indians hold all Muslim rulers with contempt. Tipu sultan is much admired, especially in the old Mysore state for standing up to the British(there are other allegations of bigotry against him, specifically in Kerala/South Canara area)

Absolutely Agree. In fact there is an inscription at Madhur Temple, near Kasaragod in Kerala, which states that Tipu sultan made a cut with his sword here. I have visited the temple myself. The mark is visible.

Madhur Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello Sir, I have some arguments to discuss with you regarding the piece of paper we had about Lord Macaulays’,that is, “it is a page of an old book and we have scan of it and that book would be around 100 to 150 years old, if we have a look on the way of writing on this page and the photo of Lord taken, like light of flash on the face of Lord for taking his picture etc, which looks like pictures was taken at least 150 years before by a very old camera and the way of writing on this page is also very old.” And it was also argued to me that whatever material you presented to us was written on internet/ word page which would be the new story, either by someone or by British government itself as they keep modifying history on time to time to prove they were good with their colonies.

We would welcome your commdent on these arguments. thanks

Hello again, Hello 10,
Let me respond to you. What I have posted is the text of Macaulay's "Minute" in its entirety, not some 'cooked up' facsimile. I cannot give you a scanned copy since neither scan/or xerox exists with me. But the text that I have given you is based on the material available with an American University which had something to do with the research done by an INDIAN SCHOLAR. And you will find this text too on the net. But leave that aside for the time being.

This purported facsimile that you refer to is patently false and has many glaring (in your face inaccuracies). First of all it says speech of a "certain date". And that said speech is only a few sentences long, the WTH happened to the rest of the speech? Given that Macaulay was both an erudite speaker and writer; he just said some disjointed sentences/para worth of stuff and then shall we say "clammed up"!
Then, in that purported facsimile, at the beginning Macaulay says (actually writes) something in Tamil or some other South Indian language. Surprising? Unless of course his nanny or governess had taught him that language!
Then in the margin, one can read (in English) "India had no beggars". Really funny that one. Assuming of course that Macaulay wrote that in his own hand, Macaulay speaks in the past tense about something contemporary. HOLLY MOLLY! or I'll say HOLY MUSA! (just to pacify that Smelly Critter who pops like a jack-in-the-box on this thread).
And Bang Galore already put his finger on that "caliber" fiction. That SPEECH(?) was made in the Houses of Parliament in 1835, while Macaulay was in India? Did he do that by video-conferencing? Well if there can be a scanned copy(?), why not that! Why not indeed.....

In contrast, read (and I mean, for godsakes READ) the text that I have posted. Check the construction of the sentences there and not limited to spellings of certain (key) words. I will not need a xerox copy to know which is the "real McCoy", not at all.

Most of all, this was a minute that was circulated among members in council to be used as a background note to (probably) arrive at some policy decision.

I find no merit in either peddling or perusing something that is a work of fiction and very poor fiction at that. Apart from that, I have not offered any comment on whether India (and Indians) were rich or poor, the British- good or evil, Macaulay- saint or sinner etc. First of all the basis of this whole discussion(?) is shamefully false; and I feel no desire to countenance that!!

you were superior?lol
your ancestors were first people to be forced converted by the muslim rulers,now if you want to be proud of your ancestors persecution you are most welcom to do it

Stupidity has no limits with you, look at my name its the name of glorious clan of those Muslim invaders.

Islam spread to modern day Pakistan by sufis and not by invaders, if people were forcefully converted in India then why have they not reverted back now you got your Bharat?.

Also Indian Christians were they forcefully converted by the British.

Its that people saw the light, i mean they realised Hinduism wasn't for then.

Its the only religion where you can go to temple for worship and quick shagg, as you guys call them deva dasi.

Stupidity has no limits with you, look at my name its the name of glorious clan of those Muslim invaders.

Islam spread to modern day Pakistan by sufis and not by invaders, if people were forcefully converted in India then why have they not reverted back now you got your Bharat?.

Its the only religion where you can go to temple for worship and quick shagg, as you guys call them deva dasi

I dont know whether you have any knowledge of the history or your ancestors....dont shy away, if you get to know that ur ancestors were actually hindus..

secondly, regarding
Indian Christians were they forcefully converted by the British.

do you know, christianity existed long before the british arrived here?? I am an Indian and I have chirstian ancestry of more than 300 yrs....and let me tell u ...before that we were Hidus ....and I am pround of our culture though my religion faith is different...

similarly, most/all Indian and Pak muslims have Hindu ancestry..believe it or not ..but I dont shy away from accepting the fact...

Its the only religion where you can go to temple for worship and quick shagg, as you guys call them deva dasi.

You are tempting me. You are seriously tempting me.

I dont know whether you have any knowledge of the history or your ancestors....dont shy away, if you get to know that ur ancestors were actually hindus..

secondly, regarding

do you know, christianity existed long before the british arrived here?? I am an Indian and I have chirstian ancestry of more than 300 yrs....and let me tell u ...before that we were Hidus ....and I am pround of our culture though my religion faith is different...

similarly, most/all Indian and Pak muslims have Hindu ancestry..believe it or not ..but I dont shy away from accepting the fact...

wrong again my heritage Is central Asian, all pushtoons and Afghans and Turks were Buddhist or followed tangery. i am very proud of them and ever heard of the Buddha of bamiyan that shows you that we were Buddhist never Hindu as it is a religion that has no equality, look at the untouchables.

so you converting to Christianity or your ancestor Is a proof itself that your ancestors saw the light and didn't want to go to temple for a worship and quick shagg by the devadasi.

wrong again my heritage Is central Asian, all pushtoons and Afghans and Turks were Buddhist or followed tangery. i am very proud of them and ever heard of the Buddha of bamiyan that shows you that we were Buddhist never Hindu as it is a religion that has no equality, look at the untouchables.

so you converting to Christianity or your ancestor Is a proof itself that your ancestors saw the light and didn't want to go to temple for a worship and quick shagg by the devadasi.

do you think gautam budha started a religion out of air? budhism was a school of thought at that time in vedic religion...afterwards it became a religion because of idol worship introduced in which it took it farther away from vedic dharma which was against idol worship...in short some vedics became budhists then budhists became vedics again...budhism and jainism then influenced vedic dharma and current form of vedic dharma(hinduism) evolved...so basically you were hindus when you were converted...

so my Indian guests how many of you been to see a devadasi and your opinion of them.

so why did they not revert back, or maybe its that they realised atleast that this was something better. you see by them not reverting back is a proof itself that Hinduism wasn't for them.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

how many times you gone to see dancing boys whats your opinion of them since you have afghan
blood

wrong again i have a Pakistani blood, am a Pakistani since 47.

so why did they not revert back, or maybe its that they realised atleast that this was something better. you see by them not reverting back is a proof itself that Hinduism wasn't for them.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

wrong again i have a Pakistani blood, am a Pakistani since 47.
lol...whats your age grandpa? :D

Back
Top Bottom