What's new

What should be India's response towards Pakistan for Gurudaspur terror attack?

I have talked to many of my friends and colleagues since yesterday.

1. A large section believes that the terrorists came from Pakistan.

2. Some believe it was done by the Indian Islamic terrorist organization, Indian Mujahideen. However, all of them also said in the same breath that it is not possible for IM to carry out an attack as they don't have the training with guns, which is why they resort to bomb-making.

3. Nobody believes it was Khalistani terrorists.

Now regarding what needs to be done. Opinions varied to a great extent here too.

1. A very small section said we should continue talks with Pakistani govt. so that we can build confidence over another.

2. A large section were in the favour of tit-for-tat response. Responses varied from making the borders another 38th parallel and shooting anything that moves to opening the flood gates to give Pakistan a taste of monsoon.

3. Those who did not believe there is Pakistani hands in this had no or little response on what needs to be done, just the usual investigations.

All were in favour of upgrading the police infrastructure and equipments. We saw what happened yesterday. Punjab Police made it personal and they did not allow the army to conduct the operations and killed the terrorists themselves. It was a question of their pride and ego. However, they were not properly equipped to handle such operation.

Well there can be a forth option... Provide a proof to Pakistan of the culprits and work with it to bring the culprits to task... What indians don't understand is that we are also sympathetic towards them till they start threatening Pakistan... After that it feels like India deserve to burn...

Dekh bhai... We are also human ... If some innocent dies ... We don't jump around distributing sweets... But go to indian forums and they literally cheer and wish death and destruction upon us... I remember when Bombay Attacks happened i condemned them .. (I wasn't on the forum back than)... Than I joined some indian forums.,, I remember the first thread I saw,,, it was about a Pak army vehicle accident and SOBs were cheering our deaths... Things like that tend to have a negative effect.., but still I didn't give a shit (though many of those scumbags are also members here).. Than last December Peshawar school Attack . I saw them cheering at kids death ? Statements like "future Jihadi deserved it"... "Less jihadi ..." , "A good P... Is a dead one" etc etc... BCs even have dedicated threads wishing death or "how to destroy Pak" and so on .. And yet they come here and take the Fukin moral high ground ? This is just BC.

BC beshaak maran marnay walay indian hoon .. But even before i estimation .. They without giving a damn point towards Pak ?

After one blooper in 71, we went on to break Russia in 15 pieces. Soviet Union then, pound for pound, was 1000 times stronger than India now and we did ok, we will again be ok. Shak hai towe kholo border, ghora bhy hazir hai or akhara bhy

What's coming out of your mouth is VERY different what your generals are telling Modi.......they are talking the same language to try to involve Pakistan in a conflict, and they've been doing that for months now, JUST so stop or sabotage the economic progress being made by Pakistan.

I will always speak the reality out. I don't know (YET) if the attack today was really a Pakistani group or an Indian coordinated attempt to build a case for a conflict. But I do know that Indian generals are itchy to stop the economy related progress as Pakistan has over $ 60 million people young and either educated or getting some. Which would put serious labor competition with India. That India doesn't want to tolerate, not woman wants to look second to the younger one in the batch. Everyone wants to keep their edge, in this case the economical edge is worth trillions in a couple of decades!!!

BUT, what you are discounting is that what or how would Pakistan respond. Even your generals have told Modi that, that anything is possible anywhere to do, what they know for sure is that there would be a response, it would be heavy and it could go out of control by a large proportion.

So I say, investigate, find out who's behind it and ask for the criminals to be handed over. Whether that's Pakistan or the Sikh community sitting a few miles away.

Your thoughts seem all over the place. India is not about to be bothered about the 60 million young Pakistanis (i assume the $ sign was accidental). India is among the youngest nations in the world & given the population size, that is massive and 60 million Pakistanis will be a very small number. As for as what Indian generals are telling Modi, I assume not very much since it seems unlikely that this terrorist attack would trigger anything major. This is a serious attack but because the casualties are limited, it is not likely to get an overt reaction. A reaction could very well follow & given this government's inclinations (even previous governments allowed local retaliation), it is almost certain that some sort of a response will be played out. Happened last year with the border firings & could well happen again.

Without preempting any statement from the Indian government, my guess is that these are likely to be fidayeen elements from across the border. It would be very odd for them to be Sikh militants because in order to even attempt to stroke an insurgency with this attack, some claim of responsibility & some better choice of targets would have been necessary. To go down in a suicide attack, in the manner of a fidayeen strike is quite simply a total waste because absolutely no point would have been made. Lack of even an attempt to publicise the attack would point in a direction away from any possible Sikh militant attempt.

Last edited:
Well there can be a forth option... Provide a proof to Pakistan of the culprits and work with it to bring the culprits to task... What indians don't understand is that we are also sympathetic towards them till they start threatening Pakistan... After that it feels like India deserve to burn...

been there

done that

Dekh bhai... We are also human ... If some innocent dies ... We don't jump around distributing sweets... But go to indian forums and they literally cheer and wish death and destruction upon us... I remember when Bombay Attacks happened i condemned them .. (I wasn't on the forum back than)... Than I joined some indian forums.,, I remember the first thread I saw,,, it was about a Pak army vehicle accident and SOBs were cheering our deaths... Things like that tend to have a negative effect.., but still I didn't give a shit (though many of those scumbags are also members here).. Than last December Peshawar school Attack . I saw them cheering at kids death ? Statements like "future Jihadi deserved it"... "Less jihadi ..." , "A good P... Is a dead one" etc etc... BCs even have dedicated threads wishing death or "how to destroy Pak" and so on .. And yet they come here and take the Fukin moral high ground ? This is just BC.

BC beshaak maran marnay walay indian hoon .. But even before i estimation .. They without giving a damn point towards Pak ?
I understand what you are saying. Let me apologize on their behalf. Let me tell you, such people are everywhere. Even yesterday also, I saw a lot of Pakistanis cheering in this forum as well.
But, we should know better. Hate begets hate.

Very well argued. However one flaw in your theory, we tried giving you names of accused but that didn't work out so well. Now of-course you can say lots of thing - justice system, weak evidence etc but that doesn't fly inface of these accused being sheltered despite them being UN designated terrorists.

Hope you get my point, if not then nevermind

Indians need to understand if you disturb an ecosystem consisting of 200 million people then there will be consequences.

South Asia would not see peace for a thousand years. Daily infiltration, bombs going off in all economic centres and college campuses in India. Is this the future you want for your children?
beta do not try to break the patience barrier of 1250 million people otherwise u probably don't know how bad our bihari's,marathi's, punjabi's, baniya's, dogra's, kerelites ,tamdu's are.........they kill at will.....and yes kam se kam pakistani muslim se toh hindustan ka muslman bhi nafrat karta hai.........and u are making fool out of u by saying something like this
" South Asia would not see peace for a thousand years. Daily infiltration, bombs going off in all economic centres and college campuses in India. Is this the future you want for your children?":omghaha:
U probably dont know about the efforts ur army puts in just to send 4 terrorists.....so sending in even 1000 terrorist would take an effort equal to war........waise mazak accha tha.....hamare colleges ki security bhi tumhare Nuclear reactors ki security se acchi hai:partay:.........Tiger security better than "PAK PAK PAK Rangers":lol::yay:

After one blooper in 71, we went on to break Russia in 15 pieces. Soviet Union then, pound for pound, was 1000 times stronger than India now and we did ok, we will again be ok. Shak hai towe kholo border, ghora bhy hazir hai or akhara bhy
bhaisaab hosh mein toh ho???:disagree: Russia ko toh china bhi nahi hara sakta:rofl:....."aapka baap"........USA also differed from its path from fighting with Soviet union......their country broke into 15 pieces becuase they were unable to support their economy, just like u cant........in this case its ur future like 20 pieces :enjoy:.......

War does harm India...

Economy counts...it counted between US and USSR. And it should count between India and Pakistan.
Your a Genius I must admit
woot-jump-smiley-face.gif

If you just have used your whale sized brain and had seen my first post I said "You do anything with Pakistan, Will
cost you heavily and it will
definately wont be good for both
countries" and Sir I meant economy too of both countries...

Back
Top Bottom