What's new

What Pakistan can learn from Thailand on Brand creation

paksitanis are one of the worse in brand creating . everywhre you see ہماری کوئی دوسری برانچ نہیں ye sharam ki baat hai na ke fakhar ki . paksitani uncle sit on cash drover till he admitted in ICU before death . we have so many things can be make brands but we dont have culture . our culture is father will die big brother will sit on seat till next generation .

I came across this cool video on youtube - its only a few minutes, really suggest you guys watch it.

Basically Thailand trained chefs, sent them abroad and encouraged the thai diaspora to open Thai restaurants, specifically showcasing thai food. They even did a range of business models. They even go as far as quality control and checking the authenticity of the food.

I think we can do the same with Pakistani food, establish a Pakistani brand, focused away from the British confused dishes and the "indian" label.

Pakistani Brand should Include dishes from Balochistan, KPK and Northern area.

Example look how clean Malaysia and Brunei are despite having an active nightlife scene they limit garbage by not allowing trannies, Hooker, LGBT garbage they have religious police cleaning the place up.. If you go there you would think this is a different universe everything is so clean even the nightlife scene is very clean.. You can still drink alcohol and what not but you will not see freaks like Thailand or hookers or stuff like that.. You won't see abominations.. You won't see either tristy westerners they are afraid of religious police and behave like decent law abiding citizens..

This is not even about religion but it is about self-respect and decency.. You can't let garbage fly under your nose bro it is self-deeming....

Western tourists don't come to Pakistan and honestly speaking that is for the better.. If his a afriad of you that is a good sign.. Take it from me I am speaking from a position of knowledge. There is only that or Thailand chose one... If example @Apollon (By the way never come to Pakistan bro) If he was caught looking at the haji's daughter things could get hectic in Peshawar's suburbs
Having been to all South East Asian countries with exception to Singapore, agree with the post.....

Malaysia, Indonesia are much better and a model to follow than thailand ---

As soon as you land at Bangkok airport you are welcomed by a stench and humidity .....
Only good thing about Thailand is beaches and seafood without hitting hard on your pocket

What the fuk did i just read.. What brand does Thailand have? Except hookers and trannies that place is a hooker house and this is not even offensive just a ground reality i have been there..

It is a Western cum dumpster literally and a sperm bank....

Pakistan would rather end itself then hit that bottom turn all the nuke on itself much more glorious.. Pakistan has prestige and self respect including Admired and feared that is the brand we seek to be feared by our enemies and admired by our friends
That was military reply to the topic of branding & self image & promotion. Pakistan whole GDP is less than average well performing nation like South Korea, Vietnam to Malaysia etc. We are 220+ million people with GDP less than UAE ! Pakistan needs to wake up & really turn up a gear to export, sell whatever to match the countries like South Korea etc. We need all the help we can get, otherwise if we don't have competitive products these countries will over take us by size of their economy alone in 6 months. Nukes are no good in a economy only in war!

Problem with Pakistan isn't that people dont know what they are doing. The problem is that there is corruption at every level and people do not think big.

paksitanis are one of the worse in brand creating . everywhre you see ہماری کوئی دوسری برانچ نہیں ye sharam ki baat hai na ke fakhar ki . paksitani uncle sit on cash drover till he admitted in ICU before death . we have so many things can be make brands but we dont have culture . our culture is father will die big brother will sit on seat till next generation .

A culture that can be fixed through education and better opportunities for people to form startups - most of what you atrribute is down to lack of "churn" where old businesses that fail to innovate die and new ones that do innovate succeed.

As a side note - i am convinced if products are more visibily labelled as Made in Pakistan - that will find more favour with countries in the middle east and central asian that what is currently done. Pakistan does have a better brand that it is aware of - simply through better labelling.

Brand building in Textiles is vital to growing the profits for Pakistani companies, and growing out of total dependence on foreign companies.

Pakistan should be nurturing its own fashion designers, having them intern for work in top western companies to build up cache in high end foreign markets and come back to Pakistan to produce their products using the best quality material and best manufacturing techniques

1. Fashion designer
2. Material quality
3. Manufacturing quality

This Chinese fashion designer did just that

Last edited:
What utopian delusions do you have about Pakistan?

Thailand has a really creepy/sketchy side, you're right, but also nicer, upscale, family-friendly stuff.

Thailand got a reputation early in the 70's as a sex-tourism destination because of US air bases in Thailand (U-Tapao, Takhli etc.) which were used as staging grounds for missions into Vietnam. "Comfort Zone" for US Airmen and Marines.

But since the 1990's that is not even their main income, being a tourist destination is. Thailand is only a three hour flight from Dhaka. There is all sorts of export industry based in Thailand, electronics and automobiles they are very strong (as an example Nikon SLRs and Lenses used to be made in Thailand). They also have wonderful shopping and excellent bespoke men's suits made in under 24 hours. I still have a few single-breasted suits copied from my other Ermenegildo Zegna collections. Can't tell the difference...

Bangkok was my "Muhalla" back in the day and no - never went to Patpong to watch the filth....

Thailand also has a large civil construction sector. They are involved partly in building Dhaka's Metro Rail Line 6.

Last edited:
Correct. If you ask a portugese about Nandos - you will get a confused look. Even though periperi chicken is portugese but it has been taken over to the world via Nandos.

There has been no incentive to standardise regional cuisine and designate these as specific.

It took them 70yrs plus to wake up to the fact Himalayan salt is not indian but from Pak.

Peri-peri is an African Bird's Eye Chili, is a hot pepper that is a close relative of the tabasco pepper. This pepper has no connection to Portugal AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom