What's new

What keeps India united?

Well then, Good luck and Good day to you pal.
Thanks although of use for me in this part of the world.If you are so willing,you can search for Gavin young and his journey in NE.It may show you why we have more or less given up on "free media" and HR activists.

It's the constitution.. A constitution with a concrete Central authority and powers to the pheriphery

Ultra jingoists will curse and belittle the likes of Nehru, Ambedkaar and Gandhi it's architects, But it's the constitution that holds what the British made entity called India

And how did the "white sahibs" do it for 200 years?

Indian Civil Service (British India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
British Raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forgotten this?

images

125px-British_Raj_Red_Ensign.svg.png

I reiterate.. You cant hold people by force..constitution cant help,much in that case...I think you are a Sri Lankan and you know very well about the civil war that went on for many years in your country.
I doubt if Tamils had wiped off their desire from their hearts.

No you cant hold people by force.. Hence the separatist movements all across India.. But Nehru and co were smart enough to give limited governance to the periphery to keep the ruling class relatively pacified

Dont bring SL in to the equation because it's not comparable.. SL/Ceylon was a single entity always was always will be.. Tamil nationalism that started in South India and spread it's wings to the island is a whole another subject to be discussed.. Lets stick to this shall we

Size, extremely fractured along horizontal and vertical lines or diversity. A proclivity on part of the major part of the population to sheepishly accept overlordship.

These factors were used to keep the same population "united" by the British for nearly 200 years. Prior to that the same factors were used by Moghuls to keep the same population "united". So there is a history and phenomenon behind this going 400 years back that was exploited by foreign invaders to keep such huge mass of population "united" under one rule.

As one colonial British official observed" There is so few of us ruling so many that if the Indian's all agreed to spit at one moment we ( British ) would be flushed into the sea".

In the last 70 years ruling India has gotten easy as the diversity that the British had to put up with is less. The rulers are now Indian, the two main groups who historically could pose threat are Sikhs and Marattas but after some problems both have been co opted by the ruling class.

Also the ruling class has been successful in creating a mythical "Indian" history and identity. So given history thee is nothing remarkable about 70 years being "united".

I suspect I man going read lots of fancy and elaborate reasons but like I said even the foreign invaders like British managed to clock 200 years.

There should have ben far up antagonism against foreign imposed "unity" but despite that it lasted over two centuries.

If they could do that it should be a doddle for indigenous rulers or "brown sahibs".
That's another prophecies coming from(Tta's) country which couldn't accommodate its own brethren under the green political cult... Their(current Pakistan) feudal instinct led another civil war in modern history of world which eventually change demography of SA n yet you have shameless audacity to lecture Indians....
On topic
The thousands year old inherited belief of coexistence despite contradictory distinction amongst Indians n its horizon are not just keeping us together but strengthening the idea of India with each passing day....
I m proud indian ... Proud Uttrakhandi Garhwali......
@levina ....

No you cant hold people by force.. Hence the separatist movements all across India.. But Nehru and co were smart enough to give limited governance to the periphery to keep the ruling class relatively pacified

Dont bring SL in to the equation because it's not comparable.. SL/Ceylon was a single entity always was always will be.. Tamil nationalism that started in South India and spread it's wings to the island is a whole another subject to be discussed.. Lets stick to this shall we
Not to mention Tamils were 20% of the population.No Indian group boasts such a demographic advantage to break away from India.The ones who can have already been co-opted and pacified(for now at least).

You do realise I can be marked as "top insurgent leader" and "encountered" (just for posting my opinions on the internet) the next time some militant group goes trigger happy on Indian army?
The jingos on this forum will dance on such events and have danced before.

Nah,One has to give credit to INC and leftist ideology-the bastards sure knew how to keep an entire subcontinent united even when faced with overwhelming odds.
tell me sir! who died and made u representative of all different ( at least 10 different tribes) ethnicity of NE India?

Education System and .........Clerks!!:D

Last edited:
Hinduism is keeping India united Nothing else.

Mam come out of your enslavement of TNT....
We are proud of every hero irrespective of religion cast creed who laid down their life for this great nation .... We n our future generations will be indebted to their Supreme sacrifice..... Plz embrace the traits of Veteran here...

Company Quartermaster Havildar Abdul Hamid, PVC (1 July 1933 – 10 September 1965) was a soldier in the 4th Battalion, The Grenadiers of the Indian Army, who died in the Khem Karan sector during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 in the Battle of Asal Uttar, and was the posthumous recipient of the Republic of India's highest military decoration, the Param Vir Chakra
Abdul Hamid (soldier) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All we have had since 1947 is in both India and Pakistan "brown sahibs" taking the very seats occupied by "white sahibs" running both countries using exactly the same structures like Pakistan using British era Frontier or Punjab regiments to stabilze FATA exactly like the British were doing before 1947.

In India the same seats occupied by "brown sahibs" are using the same institutions including British era Sikh regiments to run the country. The only novelty is the "brown sahib" and something called "democracy".

What you write about Pak ( underlined) is obviously right. It could not be further from the truth with regard to India.

Indian systems have been allowed to grow root & evolve in a manner Pakistanis cannot comprehend unless they live abroad.

tell me sir! who died and made u representative of all different ( at least 10 different tribes) ethnicity of NE India?
Maybe you should learn that there are hundreds of tribe in "NE India".Apparently,you know far less about "integral part" and "Indians" and yet deign to lecture or raise issues of credentials.:p:

Mam come out of your enslavement of TNT....
We are proud of every hero irrespective of religion cast creed who laid down their life for this great nation .... We n our future generations will be indebted to their Supreme sacrifice..... Plz embrace the traits of Veteran here...

Company Quartermaster Havildar Abdul Hamid, PVC (1 July 1933 – 10 September 1965) was a soldier in the 4th Battalion, The Grenadiers of the Indian Army, who died in the Khem Karan sector during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 in the Battle of Asal Uttar, and was the posthumous recipient of the Republic of India's highest military decoration, the Param Vir Chakra
Abdul Hamid (soldier) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh bai come put of your delusion. surely Muslims who opted for India are loyal to India but Hindus in India still consider them traitors . The majority Hindu religion/Hindutva is keeping India united simple as that.

Maybe you should learn that there are hundreds of tribe in "NE India".Apparently,you know far less about "integral part" and "Indians" and yet deign to lecture or raise issues of credentials.:p:
ignore my ignorance .. but who are u to make sweeping charges on behalf of NE people?

Lemme reiterate this with Maps.

These white Christian guys who spoke funny and if you ask me dressed even more funnier

afterwards.jpg

Made this and united it under British Raj for 200 years

Flag_map_of_British_Raj_%28Blue_Ensign%29.png

Which covered Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Burma ( Myanmar ) and parts of Aden in Yeman.

British Raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Broke up the moment they
images
left in 1947 to become three countries like map below.

Partition_of_India.PNG

Which today have broken up into four countries.

map-south_asian.JPG

Now compare the map of today and what the "white sahibs" built up in the 1800s - first map above?

The future is the future ................

Last edited:
ignore my ignorance .. but who are u to make sweeping charges on behalf of NE people?
May I ask you who are you to label the thoughts of millions of people as 'sweeping individual opinions'.After all individual opinions can't keep alive insurgencies older than your nation itself.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom