What's new

What keeps India united?

Indians love their country so much...no one places their religion or language group above India(some Muslims are exception)...

Valid points.

The average Indian Muslim is not as hard lined as his counterparts else where.

Centuries of oppression may have instilled in us a latent need to stay together too. Add things like respect for the constitution to this . This too applies to Indian Muslims equally.

Can't say about the rest of the subcontinent now called India,but most the hill states of NE are kept "united with India" through sheer military brutality,sexual assaults and HR abuses as weapons of war.
I am all for the rights and respect of NE Indians..unlike Kashmir north east should not be held with force..if they want to go their way,we should let them go...but do they really want that is the question.

Anyway are you really an Indian?

I am all for the rights and respect of NE Indians..unlike Kashmir north east should not be held with force..if they want to go their way,we should let them go...but do they really want that is the question.

Anyway are you really an Indian?
I am by my passport.You are one of the few saner ones I have met on this forum.The irony is NE natives(even insurgents) didn't hate Indians,but after nearly a century of occupation,one has started to see xenophobic feeling towards Indians(even among those advocating remaining with India for now).It's far less than what may Indians have towards mongoloids but it is present now.

I am by my passport.You are one of the few saner ones I have met on this forum.The irony is NE natives(even insurgents) didn't hate Indians,but after nearly a century of occupation,one has started to see xenophobic feeling towards Indians(even among those advocating remaining with India for now).It's far less than what may Indians have towards mongoloids but it is present now.
Interesting. Why doesn't international media cover this then?

with time and economic development things start to change.. lets give time some time..

In south India Mongoloids are not seen differently..we treat them one among us.we have many gurkhas,workers and students from north east here.

I can't speak for the rest of the country though.

Interesting. Why doesn't international media cover this then?
Because there is no international power backing us.Unlike Tibet separatism which is backed by entire west,J&K backed by Islamic world, we are the last shangri la on earth.No one cares,no one sees any benefit in espousing our 'Human rights'.
Simple as that

Because there is no international power backing us.Unlike Tibet separatism which is backed by entire west,J&K backed by Islamic world, we are the last shangri la on earth.No one cares,no one sees any benefit in espousing our 'Human rights'.
Simple as that
You don't need an international power, you only need an international media - BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera etc.. If there is real oppression going on as you say then surely its very sell-able for MSM.

In south India Mongoloids are not seen differently..we treat them one among us.we have many gurkhas,workers and students from north east here.

I can't speak for the rest of the country though.
LOL,People are inherently racist/xenophobic.I don't hold it against them.Our struggle isn't borne of ill treatment.We are separate nations and we would strive towards our right of independence even if India was like the west is right now(racial equality utopia- as humanly possible).
SI and it's natives enjoy a special rapport among us.We see them as one of the few civilised places in the subcontinent.If not the only.Maybe it's because SI has had more peaceful,historical relations with different people (spice route and all).It's hard to say.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom