What's new

What keeps India united?

Lemme it reiterate this with Maps.

These white Christian guys who spoke funny.

afterwards.jpg

Made this and called it British Raj

Flag_map_of_British_Raj_%28Blue_Ensign%29.png

Which covered Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Burma ( Myanmar ) and parts of Aden in Yeman.

British Raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Broke up the moment the this
images
left in 1947 to become three countries like map below.

Partition_of_India.PNG

Which today looks like this.

map-south_asian.JPG

Now compare the map of today and what the "white sahibs" built up in the 1800s?
Why bother Atanz sahib?Can't you see this is a self-congratulatory issue for the concerned people.Anything threatening this notion is inherently false,particularly those based on facts.

oh bai come put of your delusion. surely Muslims who opted for India are loyal to India but Hindus in India still consider them traitors . The majority Hindu religion/Hindutva is keeping India united simple as that.
Oh didi jaan why don't you give Hindus a credit that Hindus accommodated not just Muslim but other sects too..... You simply paranoid mam nothing else .... Indian Muslim don't require the spokesperson from the Pakistan to speak on the behalf of Indian Muslim.....

I am all for the rights and respect of NE Indians..unlike Kashmir north east should not be held with force..if they want to go their way,we should let them go...but do they really want that is the question.

Anyway are you really an Indian?
a're yaar ye question tumne pucha that air mai to falto mai __________ ko galiya de raha tha. :lol:

Well even i sometimes wonder.

But let me be the first to say this

RELIGION binds this country together just like almost every country on this planet.Majority is hinduism in all the states apart from some small states,that has kept us going.

Apart from religion of course constitution and law of the land with no discrimination based on religion or sex also helps.

The same is true for west also,though no one has the guts to admit it.:coffee:.

PS-I am an atheist,in case u guys start abusing me.

I am by my passport.You are one of the few saner ones I have met on this forum.The irony is NE natives(even insurgents) didn't hate Indians,but after nearly a century of occupation,one has started to see xenophobic feeling towards Indians(even among those advocating remaining with India for now).It's far less than what may Indians have towards mongoloids but it is present now.

I have had people from nepal as servants and security guards here in Hyderabad. They are loyal and blend well with the locals. I am assuming north east are not that much different.

What keeps any nation united? Shared ideals, a culture of embracing the differences within a society, a national identity, a narrative that the next day will be better than the previous, the belief that all have a voice within society etc etc

It is genuinely remarkable India is as incredibly diverse as it is and yet so united.

Agreed

I have had people from nepal as servants and security guards here in Hyderabad. They are loyal and blend well with the locals. I am assuming north east are not that much different.
LOL.Heavens no.In almost every way,(apart from eastern nepalis genetically) we are totally different from them.This is particularly true for the NE region further east.

May I ask you who are you to label the thoughts of millions of people as 'sweeping individual opinions'.After all individual opinions can't keep alive insurgencies older than your nation itself.

and who made u the representative of the millions of these people ? talking about insurgencies .. most of them are dead including the biggest of them ULFA! Also please tell us why naga militants are killing manipuris, bodo once are killing tribal and vice versa !

and who made u the representative of the millions of these people ? talking about insurgencies .. most of them are dead including the biggest of them ULFA! Also please tell us why naga militants are killing manipuris, bodo once are killing tribal and vice versa !
You still didn't answer my question.Who are you and on what basis are you labelling the independence struggles of people here as "individual opinions".
Again you expose your own ignorance.Do you think NE is a monolith of some sort.Where people are all same and have no conflicts within and among them?Do show me a group which doesn't have them.I never heard of Nagas killing bodos,although I have seen of bodo-adivasi conflicts.
You mean to say insurgents numbering in tens of thousands from a base population of less than 7 million are "dead struggles"

Why bother Atanz sahib?Can't you see this is a self-congratulatory issue for the concerned people.Anything threatening this notion is inherently false,particularly those based on facts.

Agreed. These are incontrovertible facts. Do note I am Pakistani and we went through the same British mincing machine albeit for short time frame then you guy's for 98 years from 1849 - 1947.

We did however gave the British bloody nose in the FATA area and even as late as 1940s were giving them grief. I think they almost had respect for the gumption of fighting a superpower with antiquated matchlocks ...

Military history of the North-West Frontier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its Hinduism . Which ever states have Hindus are in minorities , we see demand for secessions except Arunachal pradesh and Sikkim but they are aberrations and something got do with geo politics and also these states are majority Buddhism which is a sister religion of Hinduism.

Basically India is an Hindu European union in form of a single nation state . Period .

Last edited:

I am not a history buff and I defer to those of you who are but it seems to me that all empires were won by a few who then went on to rule the many, whether it was Ghengis khan or the Roman Empire or Cortez in Mexico or the Americas where the natives were pretty much wiped out.

It seems to me that victory was always due to some minor or not so minor advantage , could be military, social or economic. As far as I can see it has very little to do with the character of the people conquered and to use words like "sheepish" and "docile" are both insulting and untrue.

The Anerican Indians as far as character goes were much more courageous, honest and worthy of respect thAn the Europeans but their bows and arrows and lack of the necessary anti-bodies could simply not withstand the European onslaught.

The domestication of horses, the advent of an unifying militaristic religion, the invention of superior arms all have in the past led one group to achieve suzerainty often for considerable length of time over the other until the knowledge has passed on by osmosis and is no longer an advantage.

The British had huge advantages in better forms of government, military technology and it did not take many to run the Empire nor for that matter did it take many Romans to run Britain 2000 years ago.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom