What's new

What keeps India united?

Deep down inside you know this is only correct answer.

It's actually the stupidest answer I could think of. You're far over estimating Pakistan, it's kinda funny. Before independence, Sardar Patel convinced 550 kingdoms to join the union, Pakistan wasnt the thing they care about when they choose the union. They joined, because felt Indian.

It's actually the stupidest answer I could think of. You're far over estimating Pakistan, it's kinda funny. Before independence, Sardar Patel convinced 550 kingdoms to join the union, Pakistan wasnt the thing they care about when they choose the union. They joined, because felt Indian.

You are quite naive, Patel forces many of them to join so called union. Only fear of Pakistan kept them united till date.

You are quite naive, Patel forces many of them to join so called union. Only fear of Pakistan kept them united till date.

Lol, please tell me why Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Bengal, Orissa, Karnataka, etc, etc. could fear Pakistan? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. And far overestimating Pakistan. You act like the Mongols are on your border.

You cant force 550 independent kingdoms to do anything, you can only sway.

Because elections are contested by natives only and if the natives don't vote there are enough Indian immigrants to show a "successful" voter turnout anyway.:p:
Tinpot dictatorships can show even 99% voter turnout you know.

70 years of great injustice eye witnesses of Naga Freedom Struggle | The Morung Express
In the first Indian Republic election, Nagas boycotted the election and send back empty ballot boxes to Shillong.
In my region the first elections were held only in the 60s:yahoo:

Sorry mate,not an Indian by practice.So I prefer not to daydream.
go and tell them

naga%20regiment.jpg

go and tell them

naga%20regiment.jpg

Problem with mainly hill tribes like nagas, mizos etc were used to remain isolated from other tribes in NE. Back in 12 th century Ahoms conquared almost entire northeast & united each tribe under Greater Axom. Before that these tribes or states had almost no links with rest of India except Manipur. So its natural that sense of separatism runs through their veins. You cant blame them for not following iIndian nationalism like others from NE do. Even now Bodos demanding Bodoland, Nagas greater nalalim, Konch Ranjbanshi's demanding Kamatapur etc. Seems each tribe wants their own exclusive piece of land. Problem being they all stacks their claim on same piece of land claimed by other tribes as well. Hence, so much conflicts running trough NE states.

Plenty of independence movements make india united :lol:
India is not a country it,s a broad geographical term and united india is just a wet dream and further partition is inevitable.
umm.. that's why it's Pakistan that broke apart the first time it had general election while India is developing ?

Tell me, why do you keep asking for to get kicked in your teeth by the Indians ?

Deep down inside you know this is only correct answer.
Seriously!!

You guys give yourself a bit too much credit there.. Oh well, what do I care ?

Last edited:
Urge to whack your *** and our proud history and lineage and roots and culture and religion .

Yea right, so scared that It didn't take us a couple of days to dis member your nation or your nattion needs to tag its own soldiers as terrorists for fear of a full fledged war..dont get it? read up Bangladesh and the Kargil war.

It is a question for which nobody seem to have the exact answer. For each answer...an counter argument can be put

According to me..it may be the idea of India itself..our coexistence that date backs to 5000 BC that makes us tolerant to our neighbor...it may be our unique 'Indian culture' that identifies us as Indians.

Feeling of 'India first' even before religions. New generation is even more nationalistic than older ones.

Dude...
Just contact BBC (or equivalents) your situation and see if they reply. Here you go
Contact Us
You haven't been killed (so far), you probably won't with this.
Lol,dude seriously!Of all the persons in this forum,you had to trust his words!!He is a Maoist most probably a chinese stooge and hence his rants against India.I have stayed with an ethnic Arunachali for well over a year during my school days and believe me he was one of the most patriotic Indians i have ever seen in my life.If you still don't believe my words then ask any Arunachali member like @volcano or for that matter any north eastern member like @zootinali , @The_Sidewinder or @halupridol and i am quite sure that you'll get your answer.The Arunachali people are extremely patriotic and because of the treatment meted out to their co-religionists in Tibet by the PRC authority depise them from the core of their heart:coffee:.

Ok what was the population of Nagaland and what was the strength of Indian army?

Google these two questions and you would understand how absurd your above statement is.

Roughly less than a quarter million natives.Indians rushed in 200,000 soldiers to crush nagas in the 50s and 60s.Apparently,you are blissfully unaware of any history of your 'country'
Nagaland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nagalim.NL News
Jawaharlal Nehru then decided to send troops - more than 200,000- to occupy Nagaland saying “It will be a matter of days to crush the Nagas.” He ordered Nagaland to be invaded and annexed; the war began. Thereupon in the early part of 1955 India sent thousands of her armed forces and occupied Naga territory. Armed forces were given full power to deal with the situation. A shoot-at-sight order was issued. Indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians started. Thousands were beaten up and imprisoned. Hundreds of villages were burnt down, grain was destroyed, and women were raped. The whole population was driven into jungles or herded into concentration camps. Thousands died of starvation, disease and torture. As a result 150,000 people died within ten years between1954 and1964. The Nagas resisted invasion and formed their own resistance army. It has been 50 years now and the Nagas have not been defeated.

Last edited:
Lol,dude seriously!Of all the persons in this forum,you had to trust his words!!He is a Maoist most probably a chinese stooge and hence his rants against India.I have stayed with an ethnic Arunachali for well over a year during my school days and believe me he was one of the most patriotic Indians i have ever seen in my life.If you still don't believe my words then ask any Arunachali member like @volcano or for that matter any north eastern member like @zootinali , @The_Sidewinder or @halupridol and i am quite sure that you'll get your answer.The Arunachali people are extremely patriotic and because of the treatment meted out to their co-religionists in Tibet by the PRC authority depise them from the core of their heart:coffee:.

Bro, Abotani belongs from Tani tribe residing Arunachal & parts of north Assam. Tani tribes consists of Apatani, the Nyishi, The Adi, Galo, the Tagin, and the Mising people of Assam.
They follow the Donyi-Polo religion. In past, before Ahom & later British conquared them, they used to live in jungle filled hills with no civilisation touching them. So these tribes used to be quite contant to be among themselve & hostile towards any outsiders including fellow tribes & even Assamese as well. So they never felt any link towards Indian civilisation. Same can be true in case Nagas, Mizos, Dimasas as well. So you cant blame them for not feeling like Indians due to their isolated history. But mostly educated youth, majority of them are as Indian as they get. Even one of my best friends, Miss Pakam has joined as a sub inspector of Arunachal police last year, she with many others from these tribes are service our tri services with distinction.
In NE things are bit complicated. People likes their freedom & own genuinness, so sense of saparatism exist. But its not alarming.

Roughly less than a quarter million natives.Indians rushed in 200,000 soldiers to crush nagas in the 50s and 60s.Apparently,you are blissfully unaware of any history of your 'country'
Nagaland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a blackest chapter in Indian history, Indira Gandhi forced IAF to drop bombs to crush the rebellion. NE specially Mizo's wont forgive her for that.

Supersonic: 1966 IAF 'bombing' of Aizwal, Mizoram - Memories of inferno still remain fresh

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom