What's new

What keeps India united?

Usually Keralites are very sane knowledgeable posters here, But i guess every village has it's idiot.. :coffee:
I don't think he is from the above mentioned place. And almost everyone who is patriotic to his country would say what he said even if it's not entirely true.. I'm sure even you will say the same about Srilanka being a single country for a pretty long time. And also you have a really weird habit of repeating your first line in each & every post. We get it & you don't have to repeat it.

LOL,seriously?Fine where was that aunty from?What language did her family speak?
The family is certainly unique,few people of zangnan would accept Indians for a son in law.India and it's female inequality problems,ya see.

I dont know her language .But her family knows that .
Only thing I know about her is she is from from AP and our talks was almost based on politics .
And she is too proud to be known as Indian.
Perhaps her husband is an Army Soldier that is the reason.
Like I said .You are holding om your own perspective .But a lot of people from NE have different opinions and most of them may be different than you.So you cant talk on the behalf of entire NE Indians .I hope you can understand.
Similarly a lot of SI hates NI .but I am a South Indian and I dont hate them .And I always take it a as normal thing because of diversity.

Because elections are contested by natives only and if the natives don't vote there are enough Indian immigrants to show a "successful" voter turnout anyway.:p:

Do you see the contradiction inherent in your statement? You are telling me natives contest these elections and stand for office that's why the numbers up - right? Now on the other hand you are people from other states raise the number up?:hitwall:

What's the problem? No one is imposing any thing on you. Like Biharis elect biharis, bengalis elect bengalis and punjabis elect punjabis - you are electing your own. No one is imposing a foreign rule over over you. When there are general elections you elect your people and sent them to parliament like every other state.

In the first Indian Republic election, Nagas boycotted the election and send back empty ballot boxes to Shillong.

In my region the first elections were held only in the 60s

Hello! 2015 is here, lets restrict the discussion to present.

Elections Phase 2: Northeast registers high turnout, peaceful polling once again - Livemint

Nagaland tops in Lok Sabha voter turnout - The Times of India

Meghalaya registers 88% voting, Nagaland 83% | Tehelka.com

Please go through these links. Tinpot dictatorships - lol every one appreciates if there is any good in India then it's the elections. I hope you get to visit Syria to get a first hand idea about what Tinpot dictatorship really is

:coffee:

I dont know her language .But her family knows that .
Only thing I know about her is she is from from AP and our talks was almost based on politics .
And she is too proud to be known as Indian.
Perhaps her husband is an Army Soldier that is the reason.
Like I said .You are holding om your own perspective .But a lot of people from NE have different opinions and most of them may be different than you.So you cant talk on the behalf of entire NE Indians .I hope you can understand.
Similarly a lot of SI hates NI .but I am a South Indian and I dont hate them .And I always take it a as normal thing because of diversity.
Sure,sure,everyone believes you on the hypothetical relation ( I can't say).Who am I to argue eh?Nay I am a sri lankan taking out his angst at SI on this forum.What would I know of a place where your aunt is from (supposedly) and you can't point out her ethnicity,language or anything except say that she is from AP.For all I know she could be a nepali who claims to be from here(if she exists at all).Because of course you know more about me and my people than I do of myself by the sheer virtue of you being an Indian.
One can't argue against such superior hindu logic.

Do you see the contradiction inherent in your statement? You are telling me natives contest these elections and stand for office that's why the numbers up - right? Now on the other hand you are people from other states raise the number up?:hitwall:

What's the problem? No one is imposing any thing on you. Like Biharis elect biharis, bengalis elect bengalis and punjabis elect punjabis - you are electing your own. No one is imposing a foreign rule over over you. When there are general elections you elect your people and sent them to parliament like every other state.

Hello! 2015 is here, lets restrict the discussion to present.

Elections Phase 2: Northeast registers high turnout, peaceful polling once again - Livemint

Nagaland tops in Lok Sabha voter turnout - The Times of India

Meghalaya registers 88% voting, Nagaland 83% | Tehelka.com

Please go through these links. Tinpot dictatorships - lol every one appreciates if there is any good in India then it's the elections. I hope you get to visit Syria to get a first hand idea about what Tinpot dictatorship really is

:coffee:
I did and it just shows that people voted.Not that they support India.People in NE vote to keep the political power in their own hands.After all even the British held elections in British India:coffee:

Are free and fair elections in Nagaland possible in the near future? | The Morung Express

free and fair elections in Nagaland will one day become a reality when the election system becomes a Naga electoral process. Right now the Indian system of elections will not work because people’s sentiments are against it but once the election system in Nagaland becomes a Naga election system than people will support it and will do the best.

No, why dont people speak out openly the plain truth which is known to all of us. Its the election system in Nagaland which has created this gun culture and money power and also the free distribution of alcohol and sex during election time. The elections in Nagaland has destroyed many young peoples lives. It is the elections in Nagaland that has corrupted the people and they have made sure that the different underground factions dont unite, so that they can take advantage of the situation. This Indian elections in Nagaland is part of the divide and rule policy. Unfortunately the people are not willing to publicly condemn this. Nagas are democratic people, but this Indian electoral system is divisive and has corrupted Nagaland.
• All i can think of free and fair election is to dream and keep dreaming. Even a dead will rise again if there is free and fair election in Nagaland.
• No, I dont think there will be free and fair elections unless a number of things happen. First, the Naga political issue must be resolved. This is the very important if some kind of normalcy is to be established. Secondly, the mindset of the people must grow to become politically mature. Thirdly, the use of money power must be curbed. The debates around election should no longer be influenced by money power. Finally, the electoral system in Nagaland must be revamped because the present system only encourages unfair and unfree means.
• Not At This Point. Govt r the Biggest Thief Motherhood in naga society. Even In coming Future there is no Way for Nagas to b Free or Fair Land. God Save Our Nagaland.
• There are many elements, they think they are the guardian …they will not allow…
• R U Mad….. Who Is This Fool Behine This….. How many money did this person eat. Warning
• nagaland is too corrupted. may be after some 20-30 years it may be possible and that also only if we start changing the systems and processes involved in it from today.
• not posible at all..indian nagaland state elections are nothing but it goes against our NAGA CAUSE!plus..there is no state politicians who r selfless n visionary .al of them r money_suckers.how cn we xpect development 4m coruptd and moneysuckrs evn if we vote..its a waste of time!
• Impossible as long as AK 47s exist if its only an overground politics then LAW & Order can be imposed at any cost BUT till then democratic election is distances dream for Nagaland.
• The state leaders n the politicians have allready done so much corruption in the mind of the public, the publics r corrupted n it wil kip going in this way until n unless the leaders n the politicians stop playing their dirty politics 2 d people of Nagaland.
• Being neighbouring state of manipur, the corruption slowing flowing to nagaland state too. its a high time we nagas re-introspect and work for the future of the state.
• NO No No No No No No No No No….. Its Not Possible In Nagaland.
• Neither the system, nor the electorates are brave enough to let this happen. We are either cowards or blinded by greed.

That picture tells it all. Such rugged terrain is not easily controllable especially with tribal loyalties and ties.

brits used planes on us! but we resistance didnt die.. they were harrassed,butchered at every or any time the oppurtunity arose.

I don't think he is from the above mentioned place. And almost everyone who is patriotic to his country would say what he said even if it's not entirely true.. I'm sure even you will say the same about Srilanka being a single country for a pretty long time. And also you have a really weird habit of repeating your first line in each & every post. We get it & you don't have to repeat it.

Well with credit to the OP this thread is a interesting and engaging subject, Childish fantasies of moronic posters just devalues the discussion, Patriotism aside one needs to have intellectual realistic input

And well it figures he is not from Kerala, My apologies to Malayalee people for belittling them with his association

Sri Lanka has always been a single entity, There are no questions about it, Even the British, Portuguese and Dutch colonists never altered that status, One reason being it's a small island

This is a mere online forum not a grammar class, So excuse the slight errors

Last edited:
I did and it just shows that people voted.Not that they support India.People in NE vote to keep the political power in their own hands.After all even the British held elections in British India:coffee:

Ok, If you refer to my earlier post - Why not boycott the elections in 2015 to show THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF INDIA. It is the easiest to way to show dissent as you are so graciously claiming on behalf of all N. Easterners that India is a ugly tinpot dictatorship.

The way you are saying, you vote because you want to enjoy the fruit of democracy like federal funds, federal services like elections and education at premier colleges and at the same time do not want the responsibility that a gift like democracy requires which is loyalty to country.

As for comparing Britishers to present establishment, ask yourself this simple question?

Can a N. Easterner become President, PM, Army Chief, SC Justice and High Court Justice in India? - Yes.

Could an Indian become Queen of England, PM of England, Judge in England, Army chief of England etc during their rule over India? - No

I can't argue with you if you can't understand the difference between independent country and colony.

Bye

Ok, If you refer to my earlier post - Why not boycott the elections in 2015 to show THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO BE PART OF INDIA. It is the easiest to way to show dissent as you are so graciously claiming on behalf of all N. Easterners that India is a ugly tinpot dictatorship.

The way you are saying, you vote because you want to enjoy the fruit of democracy and at the same time do not want the responsibility that a gift like democracy requires which is loyalty to country.

As for comparing Britishers to present establishment, ask yourself this simple question?

Can a N. Easterner become President, PM, Army Chief, SC Justice and High Court Justice in India? - Yes.

Could an Indian become Queen of England, PM of England, Judge in England, Army chief of England etc during their rule over India? - No

I can't argue with you if you can't understand the difference between independent country and colony.

Bye
They boycotted the elections once and Indians sent a soldier for every living naga soul to kill and abuse them.Kind of rich to use it as a selling point.The nagas don't participate because of their choice.They do so only to keep the Indian migrants out of power in the region and of course that is why they regularly fudge the census figures
In theory,even women can be leaders and premiers in many backward third world hellholes but in practice everyone knows what the reality is.
Similarly,NE mongoloids will never command any real power in India.Like Rijiju they are eye candies to show the world and placate the natives nothing more.

We aren't free to eat what we want and you are talking of actual power to lead the country
'I eat beef, can somebody stop me?' Rijiju retorts to Naqvi statement

After Controversy Over Beef Remarks, Minister Kiren Rijiju Says 'I Was Misquoted'

Last edited:
Wow.. this is an interesting thread..

I need a few people to see this..

@Abotani I went through a couple of your posts and I liked reading it.

Judging by you nickname, I take it, you are from the Tani tribe ?
I have a few questions, hope to get brief, short, precise and to the point answers.

1. Now, clearly, you have some grievances against India and you don't identify yourself as Indian. That's perfectly fine. What led you to that conviction ? Some bullet points will be helpful.

2. In a few post, I saw you talking about NE in general. Now there are hundreds of tribes, people from diverse ethnic backgrounds living in NE. Each of them have different set of demands, aspirations, goals and thought-process.
So, will it not be doing injustice, to generalize them all ?

Trying to understand ground realities here.

They boycotted the elections once and Indians sent a soldier for every living naga soul to kill and abuse them

Ok what was the population of Nagaland and what was the strength of Indian army?

Google these two questions and you would understand how absurd your above statement is.

Wow.. this is an interesting thread..

I need a few people to see this..

@Abotani I went through a couple of your posts and I liked reading it.

Judging by you nickname, I take it, you are from the Tani tribe ?
I have a few questions, hope to get brief, short, precise and to the point answers.

1. Now, clearly, you have some grievances against India and you don't identify yourself as Indian. That's perfectly fine. What led you to that conviction ? Some bullet points will be helpful.

2. In a few post, I saw you talking about NE in general. Now there are hundreds of tribes, people from diverse ethnic backgrounds living in NE. Each of them have different set of demands, aspirations, goals and thought-process.
So, will it not be doing injustice, to generalize them all ?

Trying to understand ground realities here.
TLDR.We weren't,aren't and never will be Indian.Most Arunachalis have a far more favourable view of Chinese than even other NE groups.Simple as that.
I am sorry,I have tried churning out essay sized posts to appeal to more sensible Indians but always found the idiots outnumbering the sane ones by dozens.So I just won't.

Ok what was the population of Nagaland and what was the strength of Indian army?

Google these two questions and you would understand how absurd your above statement is.

Nobody convinces anybody, usually and even more so over an online forum. Better if we try to understand and gain some knowledge
Let's take it down a notch.. :)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom