What's new

What keeps India united?

Wow.. this is an interesting thread..

I need a few people to see this..

@Abotani I went through a couple of your posts and I liked reading it.

Judging by you nickname, I take it, you are from the Tani tribe ?
I have a few questions, hope to get brief, short, precise and to the point answers.

1. Now, clearly, you have some grievances against India and you don't identify yourself as Indian. That's perfectly fine. What led you to that conviction ? Some bullet points will be helpful.

2. In a few post, I saw you talking about NE in general. Now there are hundreds of tribes, people from diverse ethnic backgrounds living in NE. Each of them have different set of demands, aspirations, goals and thought-process.
So, will it not be doing injustice, to generalize them all ?

Trying to understand ground realities here.
TLDR.We weren't,aren't and never will be Indian.Most Arunachalis have a far more favourable view of Chinese than even other NE groups.Simple as that.
I am sorry,I have tried churning out essay sized posts to appeal to more sensible Indians but always found the idiots outnumbering the sane ones by dozens.So I just won't.

TLDR.We weren't,aren't and never will be Indian.Most Arunachalis have a far more favourable view of Chinese than even other NE groups.Simple as that.
I am sorry,I have tried churning out essay sized posts to appeal to more sensible Indians but always found the idiots outnumbering the sane ones by dozens.So I just won't.

Ohh cmon now... you were generalizing the entire NE sometime back and now you are generalizing the rest of India !!

Lets give it a try. Try answering the questions.

Ohh.. well it must be very late night there..Might as well give it a go tomorrow.

Nobody convinces anybody, usually and even more so over an online forum. Better if we try to understand and gain some knowledge
Let's take it down a notch.. :)

There is a difference b/w Knowledge and propaganda, Good Sir. Knowledge should be promoted and nefarious anti-state propaganda based on straight out lies and half truths squashed.

I have not challenged the ethnicity of the said poster and neither have I revealed my own in this on-going discussion otherwise this debate would be over long before. But that's besides the point as I would like to argue as an Indian National not as a Manipuri or a N. Easterner but unfortunately there is no argument to be had here based on facts and reality but just some very shady and selective half truths meant to give a picture which is far from real.

There is a difference b/w Knowledge and propaganda, Good Sir. Knowledge should be promoted and nefarious anti-state propaganda based on straight out lies and half truths squashed.

I have not challenged the ethnicity of the said poster and neither have I revealed my own in this on-going discussion otherwise this debate would be over long before. But that's besides the point as I would like to argue as an Indian National not as a Manipuri or a N. Easterner but unfortunately there is no argument to had here based on facts and reality but just some very shady and selective half truths meant to give a picture which is far from real.

Okay..lets start with the assumption that it is all propaganda and selective half truths all along. Let's hear it out nonetheless. May be, we will be able to know something that we don't know about ?

One should know when it is time to speak and when is the time to listen. Anyways, that's just my thought..

Plenty of independence movements make india united :lol:
India is not a country it,s a broad geographical term and united india is just a wet dream and further partition is inevitable.

Many reasons, cultural affinity among huge mass of people (except south and NE) is something that binds us together. Then shared history during colonialism, when people all over India faught against common enemy.
After Independence, free movement of labour, govt propaganda & Indian army helped in keeping people together.
You just need 1 generation to make it look natural, as if we are destined to be one nation, people who were born in united India cant even think how it looks like to be separate country, so it will just continue with their lives.
Kashmiris and some region of NE never accepted to be under union, so that will remain problematic for quite sometime.

RSS is the social fabric of India and Bollywood, Cricket is the added spice :lol:

Plenty of independence movements make india united :lol:
India is not a country it,s a broad geographical term and united india is just a wet dream and further partition is inevitable.
I know it still hurts. You made a country based on religion and then could not hold it off. Not going to happen with India. We actually added Sikkim and Goa afterwards,

I know it still hurts. You made a country based on religion and then could not hold it off. Not going to happen with India. We actually added Sikkim and Goa afterwards,
Hey gupta :) Take a look of map of subcontinent and cry a river lol
Yes your conspirators created Bangladesh but it did not merge with india and our two nation theory is still valid. The existence of pakistan and Bangladesh is a big slap on united india or akhand bharat.

And how did the "white sahibs" do it for 200 years?

Indian Civil Service (British India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
British Raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forgotten this?

images

125px-British_Raj_Red_Ensign.svg.png
Want to know what keeps us together???
The composite culture of India build over thousands of years!!!
The idea of India which I have been living for decades now is one of the most revolutionary nationalist political idea created in the post colonial world....or so I believe. :)

No you cant hold people by force.. Hence the separatist movements all across India..
A decade back I would have agreed to what you had to say, but today the barriers of religion, ethnicity, language have blurred beyond recognition.
Today you'll see a South Indian speak Hindi as fluently as his North Indian counterpart and hindus celebrating Christmas and Eid.
India has survived!!!
As they say "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger"... :)

That's another prophecies coming from(Tta's) country which couldn't accommodate its own brethren under the green political cult... Their(current Pakistan) feudal instinct led another civil war in modern history of world which eventually change demography of SA n yet you have shameless audacity to lecture Indians....
On topic
The thousands year old inherited belief of coexistence despite contradictory distinction amongst Indians n its horizon are not just keeping us together but strengthening the idea of India with each passing day....
I m proud indian ... Proud Uttrakhandi Garhwali......
@levina ....

Thanks for tagging me here. I felt so proud after reading one of Shashi Tharoor's articles today which was written on the same lines....feels proud to be an Indian. :-)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom