What's new

What keeps India united?

if you see clearly with out any bias idea,,,,,,, for more than 10000 years the spiritual and cultural thread which is united together for these many long time......... in india for every 100 kilometer people look different, eat different , speak different, wear different, ....... but right now majority of we started following western culture and ignoring ours, this is going to be disaster and a day will come we will as ourself ,

why the hell we united together?

This guy avoids direct questions. How can one take him seriously ?

Geography. Ever looked at map of Pakistan and Bangladesh? They are 1,200 miles in straight line. This is only theoretical because this 1,200 went over hostile India. The de fact route was by sea almost 3,500 miles distant. Throw the geography, the war with India and there was no hope. Failure was written in the DNA of the situation. If you want open another thread I will go into more details. Even USA would have struggled like it did just around the corner from East Bengal in Vietnam. Btw East Bengal is closer to Vietnam than Pakistan.

Bottom line I might be using brevity here but "1,000 white sahibs ran the Raj" conquered, built and ran the Raj for 200 years. If they came back today the present "brown sahibs" in your country or mine would be embarrased.

Saying that Bangladesh was formed only because of the geographical distance or because of Indian hostilities, is intellectual dishonesty and quite frankly, lying to yourself!

When Bangladesh finally seceded away in 1971, it was not JUST because of that geographical distance. It was because the west Pakistanis failed to treat their own countrymen on eastern side with dignity and equality. Even Urdu was imposed on East Pakistan against their own wishes! West Pakistanis didn't allow the elected leader Mujib-ur-Rahman to form the government even after winning majority fair and square! That was the final straw and rest, as they say, is history!

Of course, India provided the final push needed to bring 'it' all down - but that is a separate discussion and off topic!

Saying that Bangladesh was formed only because of the geographical distance or because of Indian hostilities, is intellectual dishonesty and quite frankly, lying to yourself!

When Bangladesh finally seceded away in 1971, it was not JUST because of that geographical distance. It was because the west Pakistanis failed to treat their own countrymen on eastern side with dignity and equality. Even Urdu was imposed on East Pakistan against their own wishes! West Pakistanis didn't allow the elected leader Mujib-ur-Rahman to form the government even after winning majority fair and square! That was the final straw and rest, as they say, is history!

Of course, India provided the final push needed to bring 'it' all down - but that is a separate discussion and off topic!

What India did merely helped to contain the situation. Dhaka was already lost to West Pakistan, and that was their own making. But a lot many Bangladeshis would have been killed/raped had the West Pakistani forces were not forced to surrender.

How is India united...? When i went to India everyone considered them selves according to their ethnicity. Everyone considers them self "jatt","martathi" and ect...

And that's EXACTLY the point. Being Indian has never precluded being other things. You can be Jatt, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Hindu, Muslim, etc, etc - you can be anything you want AND be an Indian. We have always been inclusive, welcoming everybody from the Parsis, to the Muslims and the Christians - and made them Indian. We have never said - you can't be Indian if you don't belong to a caste, community or religion (I know there are many people who say that - but they are always a small exception among our one-and-a-half-billion).

That's why we have survived 2000 years plus, despite not having the bond of a shared language, religion or communal identity to hold us together.

In this we are unique in the world

Last edited:
Sure,sure,everyone believes you on the hypothetical relation ( I can't say).Who am I to argue eh?Nay I am a sri lankan taking out his angst at SI on this forum.What would I know of a place where your aunt is from (supposedly) and you can't point out her ethnicity,language or anything except say that she is from AP.For all I know she could be a nepali who claims to be from here(if she exists at all).Because of course you know more about me and my people than I do of myself by the sheer virtue of you being an Indian.
One can't argue against such superior hindu logic.

Sorry.
You didnt get that .Perhaps your IQ is an obstacle .I already told she is a respectable person in our area.
And I cant ask their ethinicity ,an elder woman having more age than my mother.In here that is disrespectful ,dont know about your case in your paradise.

Honestly I dont know her language I dont even know Tamil even they are nearer to us .Forget about NE language.

But she knows malayalam fluently .Only thing I asked to her is about hernative state.
And she clearly said about Arunachal Pradesh .I mean clearly.Asking more about personal details isalso a kind of direspect in here.

Sone locals in our area is also doubted whether she was from Nepal when she came here. That is why I asked her about it .Then we got that she is an Indian not Nepali.

And Nepalese are working in our hotels and restuarants for long time .At least we can differentiate Nepali language and others because of that.

This mother is also from AP.I dont care whether you belive it or not.
And she has her own individual perspective like you .
She is an Indian.That uncle is also retired as JCO .Now they aresettledhere.

I dont know about your religion.And I dont blame other religion because I am a Hindu.
And Hinduism has superior logic that you cant even understand.

Sorry.
You didnt get that .Perhaps your IQ is an obstacle .I already told she is a respectable person in our area.
And I cant ask their ethinicity ,an elder woman having more age than my mother.In here that is disrespectful ,dont know about your case in your paradise.

Honestly I dont know her language I dont even know Tamil even they are nearer to us .Forget about NE language.

But she knows malayalam fluently .Only thing I asked to her is about hernative state.
And she clearly said about Arunachal Pradesh .I mean clearly.Asking more about personal details isalso a kind of direspect in here.

Sone locals in our area is also doubted whether she was from Nepal when she came here. That is why I asked her about it .Then we got that she is an Indian not Nepali.

And Nepalese are working in our hotels and restuarants for long time .At least we can differentiate Nepali language and others because of that.

This mother is also from AP.I dont care whether you belive it or not.
And she has her own individual perspective like you .
She is an Indian.That uncle is also retired as JCO .Now they aresettledhere.

I dont know about your religion.And I dont blame other religion because I am a Hindu.
And Hinduism has superior logic that you cant even understand.
So apparently,you don't even know tamil and yet can differentiate between nepali and the hundreds of languages of Zangnan?Yeah right!!Sell that load of baloney somewhere.

Almost no one from zangnan settles in India permanently.Let alone an entire family.
What's so disrespectful in asking about her origins?Not even arabs are that backward.After all social bonds are built that way.
So once again sell that load of baloney somewhere.
Even nepalis,chakmas and all other Indian pushed immigrants like to call themselves 'arunachali'.If her family was in the army( if she exists at all) she is almost surely a nepali or a descendant of the umpteenth Indian army retirees forcibly made to settle here in the 60s and onwards to demographically change the state.
Sure no one can beat Indian logic,after all -"all hail the backward claptraps"

BTW,if what you say is all true-I have a bridge to sell you here.Real cheap.Lots of revenue.After all 82 beats 100+ iq right?

Last edited:
Hinduism is keeping India united Nothing else.

Wrong Madam.If you take that as one of your organized like religion.
I would say because I am also a Hindu.Hinduism is not an organized religion.It is a civilization,rich civilization that can accomodate anything.

Well,Assamese are ethnically and culturally very similar to bengalis and orissans.
True on the growth rate.However it is Assam(biggest pop) which drives down the growth rate.States like AP and Sikkim grow even at double digit rates multiple years.In fact the GDP per capita of these two states at least is higher than the Indian average.Add to that the reduced income inequality factor.
Well,NE has to be honest a lot of social achievements rather than economic or academic.The higher literacy rates,egalitarian society etc.

It is unlikely the economy will touch it's true potential under Indian control(too much interference by central institutions).

NE will never be prosperous as we want as long as it in Indian control.

Oriya's not Orissans. Needed to be corrected bro. Good point otherwise.

Now that is BS.Being Arunachalli is not like American status in here :D
NI almost all of them known as Bengalis or Nepalese in here .
So apparently,you don't even know tamil and yet can differentiate between nepali and the hundreds of languages of Zangnan?Yeah right!!Sell that load of baloney somewhere.

Almost no one from zangnan settles in India permanently.Let alone an entire family.
What's so disrespectful in asking about her origins?Not even arabs are that backward.After all social bonds are built that way.
So once again sell that load of baloney somewhere.
Even nepalis,chakmas and all other Indian pushed immigrants like to call themselves 'arunachali'.If her family was in the army( if she exists at all) she is almost surely a nepali or a descendant of the umpteenth Indian army retirees forcibly made to settle here in the 60s and onwards to demographically change the state.
Sure no one can beat Indian logic,after all -"all hail the backward claptraps"

BTW,if what you say is all true-I have a bridge to sell you here.Real cheap.Lots of revenue.

Again your low IQ strikes very well :D.
I cant talk Tamil ,Hindi or Nepalese like those peoples.
But I can differentiate it because I have heard that several times through several ways .But I cant even catch her native language which is completely alien to me.
Our state is a minigulf dude ,I have seen a lot of Nepalese and other NI in here .
And that man ,I cant reveal his name in here, was a JCO in AP for a long time . Those family ,an old respectful rich family is our neighbour dude.We know them very well.
His dad and mom was against this marriage ,so he couldnt come here for a long time.

What I am trying to say that they dont need to lie to me .I asked her about her native state and she said Arunachal Pradesh .simple as that .
Perhaps you cant believe that and I dont give a shit about that.Its your choice.But this is a big modern world dude.Not everyone shares your dream.

And we dont ask caste,religion such personal matters directly to elders that we dont have any relation.It is direspectual and not a good manners.

Perhaps she is only one like that from AP .But she is from AP.

Oriya's not Orissans. Needed to be corrected bro. Good point otherwise.
Gee,I thought it would be more correct politically.People from Odissha here get offended when we use Oriya.Granted it is mainly due to prejudices against them being tea estate workers.
Anyway thanks

It is our " democratic systme" which keep us united. No country can match with democractic systme of India. It gives every right to each and every community of India. It attracts every religion community.

Again your low IQ strikes very well :D.
I cant talk Tamil ,Hindi or Nepalese like those peoples.
But I can differentiate it because I have heard that several times through several ways .But I cant even catch her native language which is completely alien to me.
Our state is a minigulf dude ,I have seen a lot of Nepalese and other NI in here .
And that man ,I cant reveal his name in here, was a JCO in AP for a long time . Those family ,an old respectful rich family is our neighbour dude.We know them very well.
His dad and mom was against this marriage ,so he couldnt come here for a long time.

What I am trying to say that they dont need to lie to me .I asked her about her native state and she said Arunachal Pradesh .simple as that .
Perhaps you cant believe that and I dont give a shit about that.Its your choice.But this is a big modern world dude.Not everyone shares your dream.

And we dont ask caste,religion such personal matters directly to elders that we dont have any relation.It is direspectual and not a good manners.

Perhaps she is only one like that from AP .But she is from AP.
Of course,82 beats 100+:-)
As I said,if she exists most probably a forcibly settled Indian army family,didn't like being here (remote place).So packed up bags.
The problem is you Indians take a couple of generations to classify yourself as being native or belonging here.While we count them in double digits.

As I said,if she exists most probably a forcibly settled Indian army family,didn't like being here (remote place).So packed up bags.
The problem is you Indians take a couple of generations to classify yourself as being native or belonging here.While we count them in double digits.

So you are saying that you have 100+ I Q?Good :tup:
Perhaps I have only 82.But I am sure that a family that have been forcefull relocated by Army wont give their daughter to an Army man.
You have 100+IQ .You should explain that.:D
And recently I met that family in a function of one of my relative ,during that time she got a call from her family in native state .And I cant even catch up that language.
which is almost alien to me.
You think you are the only that knows everything but you are wrong.

Who the hell the old you that?
I am an Indian and a proud Keralite.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom