What's new

What keeps India united?

Gee,I thought it would be more correct politically.People from Odissha here get offended when we use Oriya.Granted it is mainly due to prejudices against them being tea estate workers.
Anyway thanks

Gosh! Tea estate workers?? Where are you getting your information from?
Odisha, Odiya/Oriya.

So you are saying that you have 100+ I Q?Good :tup:
Perhaps I have only 82.But I am sure that a family that have been forcefull relocated by Army wont give their daughter to an Army man.
You have 100+IQ .You should explain that.:D
And recently I met that family in a function of one of my relative ,during that time she got a call from her family in native state .And I cant even catch up that language.
which is almost alien to me.
You think you are the only that knows everything but you are wrong.

Who the hell the old you that?
I am an Indian and a proud Keralite.
After 62,amid chinese phobia in Indian ruling class,it was decided to demographically,culturally alter the region.After all people here are chinese as per China LOL.
India began forcibly settling it's gurkha and rest of retired security forces here.For this very reason,chakmas were settled here.India even gave them generous financial and other forms of 'assistance'.I mean where in the world does a poor starving country give land,seeds,bullocks,cash,farming tools and housing for free to refugees.Not even tibetans in exile received such generosity.That is in addition to flooding in tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of Indian citizens here to guarantee that a referendum is won by default.
Just like Nagaland,people here had to reproduce heavily to stay in control
Why blame me?Blame your low iq that you have comprehension issues

Gosh! Tea estate workers?? Where are you getting your information from?
Odisha, Odiya/Oriya.
That is the common perception in Assam and of course rest of NE imported that stereotype.Partly because most of us haven't really met oriyas or at least can't differentiate between east Indians.So the prejudiced views of Assamese were accepted just as Indians accepted the prejudiced views of Assamese about us-dafla,abor,chulikata and so on and on.

Last edited:
The question why India is united is as intriguing and confusing as India herself. Once a foreigner told me that indians may sway their necks either side ways or front and up when they agree with you and he was left utterly confused. There is a saying in awadhi "kanawa dekhe mood piraye, kanawa dekhe raho na jaye". meaning when i see that one eyed man, it spoils my day but when i dont see him, i dont feel ready for the day either. We have so much diversity, so much hatred and so much love for each other that we Indians cant live without it. We are held together like tana-bana or warp & woof in a piece of cloth. Each thread is different, sometimes opposing and sometimes complimenting others but each thread gets its strength from the other and also contributes to the strength of the piece it is part of. You may remove a thread but it wont affect the strength but the thread so removed will lose all its strength.
Its complicated but its exactly like that. Now that we are united, we share common values and goals that keeps us moving.

That is the common perception in Assam and of course rest of NE imported that stereotype.Partly because most of us haven't really met oriyas or at least can't differentiate between east Indians.So the prejudiced views of Assamese were accepted just as Indians accepted the prejudiced views of Assamese about us-dafla,abor,chulikata and so on and on.
talk only about urslf,liitle ignorant ,,,not us assamese..

After 62,amid chinese phobia in Indian ruling class,it was decided to demographically,culturally alter the region.After all people here are chinese as per China LOL.
India began forcibly settling it's gurkha and rest of retired security forces here.For this very reason,chakmas were settled here.India even gave them generous financial and other forms of 'assistance'.I mean where in the world does a poor starving country give land,seeds,bullocks,cash,farming tools and housing for free to refugees.Not even tibetans in exile received such generosity.That is in addition to flooding in tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of Indian citizens here to guarantee that a referendum is won by default.
Just like Nagaland,people here had to reproduce heavily to stay in control
Why blame me?Blame your low iq that you have comprehension issues

Another reason this time .:D
Perhaps you are right.But AFAIK there is no Indian gene in her blood.She is totally a pure NE mother.Her two sons almost look like her but have certain mainland features because their father is a South Indian.

We can easily understand if their is any mixing with mainland like that of Assamese.But she is soo fair almost equal to that people in AP.

Trust me dude .This is a fact.

talk only about urslf,liitle ignorant ,,,not us assamese..
Sure,sure.It was not me or the rest of NE that calls Oriyas as "baghanias".The fact is rest of NE views India through the lens of Assamese and the rest of India views us through the Assamese
After all,do facts hurt your attempts to lick up to Indians?

Another reason this time .:D
Perhaps you are right.But AFAIK there is no Indian gene in her blood.She is totally a pure NE mother.Her two sons almost look like her but have certain mainland features because their father is a South Indian.

We can easily understand if their is any mixing with mainland like that of Assamese.But she is soo fair almost equal to that people in AP.

Trust me dude .This is a fact.
Most nepalis look just as fair and mongoloid as Bhutias or people of Zangnan.So tbh the shade of her skin is irrelevant.As I said,most likely a nepali or someone else( if she exists at all).

The question why India is united is as intriguing and confusing as India herself. Once a foreigner told me that indians may sway their necks either side ways or front and up when they agree with you and he was left utterly confused. There is a saying in awadhi "kanawa dekhe mood piraye, kanawa dekhe raho na jaye". meaning when i see that one eyed man, it spoils my day but when i dont see him, i dont feel ready for the day either. We have so much diversity, so much hatred and so much love for each other that we Indians cant live without it. We are held together like tana-bana or warp & woof in a piece of cloth. Each thread is different, sometimes opposing and sometimes complimenting others but each thread gets its strength from the other and also contributes to the strength of the piece it is part of. You may remove a thread but it wont affect the strength but the thread so removed will lose all its strength.
Its complicated but its exactly like that. Now that we are united, we share common values and goals that keeps us moving.

Excellent response Madam :tup:
Explained all that facts in one para.

I haven't been to Assam. But, have a few Assamese friends (I don't say assamese.. I say Oxomiya :-)). I understand the language and speak it a bit too. It is very very similar to Odiya & Bengali.

I had a very close friend who was from Assam. He lost his life in a road accident a few yrs back. We even shared the last surname. His face haunts me even now. Such a bright, young & hard working guy. God rest his soul in peace.

What are these? dafla,abor,chulikata. I'm new to these terms. I guess we don't know you enough to call you names :-)
I always though Bengali's, Odiya's & Assamese are culturally and linguistically the most similar in India. Socio economically also we are almost at the same level.

Sure,sure.It was not me or the rest of NE that calls Oriyas as "baghanias".The fact is rest of NE views India through the lens of Assamese and the rest of India views us through the Assamese

Most nepalis look just as fair and mongoloid as Bhutias or people of Zangnan.So tbh the shade of her skin is irrelevant.As I said,most likely a nepali or someone else( if she exists at all).

Anyway I have to trust her words .Because an elder respected women ina respectful rich family dont need to lie about her native state to a kid that is younger than her own kid.
But I cant say same about you.Right?
This thread and your posts are agood testimoney for that.
I dont care whether you believe it or not .

for one,,,,tea estate workers r of diverse ethnicities.even native assamese work there.
n secondly,,,Indians in general r ignorant abt NE,,,nobody knows abt u or ur little tribe.
as for facts,,,,yup u said it,,,so must be fact

I haven't been to Assam. But, have a few Assamese friends (I don't say assamese.. I say Oxomiya :-)). I understand the language and speak it a bit too. It is very very similar to Odiya & Bengali.

I had a very close friend who was from Assam. He lost his life in a road accident a few yrs back. We even shared the last surname. His face haunts me even now. Such a bright, young & hard working guy. God rest his soul in peace.

What are these? dafla,abor,chulikata. I'm new to these terms. I guess we don't know you enough to call you names :-)
I always though Bengali's, Odiya's & Assamese are culturally and linguistically the most similar in India. Socio economically also we are almost at the same level.
Derogatory,prejudiced assamese slangs for people here.Indian government even used these racist terms for a long time in official work.Kind of like the assamese use of the word baghaniya to refer to tea workers and in short Oriyas

Never say the bold part to Ahom supremacists(not those in this forum),they are Tai mongoloids with proud history of their own(lol).
Personally never understood why they deny Assam and it's linkage with Bengal and East India.Assam is more like far east India than NE.

Anyway I have to trust her words .Because an elder respected women ina respectful rich family dont need to lie about her native state to a kid that is younger than her own kid.
But I cant say same about you.Right?
This thread and your posts are agood testimoney for that.
I dont care whether you believe it or not .
Sure,after all.If she was rich and native she would have never left.Same here in NE.It is mostly small time traders and working class who migrate.The rich rarely migrate of their own accord to shittier places.

for one,,,,tea estate workers r of diverse ethnicities.even native assamese work there.
n secondly,,,Indians in general r ignorant abt NE,,,nobody knows abt u or ur little tribe.
as for facts,,,,yup u said it,,,so must be fact
Sure,but the common stereotype among assamese and NE people is that all tea workers are Oriyas.The rest of NE would never have had that stereotype(rest of NE has hardly any tea estates) if the Assamese didn't have them.
The assamese use baghania as an ethnic term more than as an occupation.Assamese,just like any other people are prejudiced against others.Reason why Miris/mishings and other ethnicities complain so much about mainstream assamese chauvinism.

None of your bombast negates the fact that the prejudiced views NE and Indians have of each other is mostly,originally, assamese.

Derogatory,prejudiced assamese slangs for people here.Indian government even used these racist terms for a long time in official work.Kind of like the assamese use of the word baghaniya to refer to tea workers and in short Oriyas

Never say the bold part to Ahom supremacists(not those in this forum),they are Tai mongoloids with proud history of their own(lol).
Personally never understood why they deny Assam and it's linkage with Bengal and East India.Assam is more like far east India than NE.

Sure,after all.If she was rich and native she would have never left.Same here in NE.It is mostly small time traders and working class who migrate.The rich rarely migrate of their own accord to shittier places.

Sure,but the common stereotype among assamese and NE people is that all tea workers are Oriyas.The rest of NE would never have had that stereotype(rest of NE has hardly any tea estates) if the Assamese didn't have them.
The assamese use baghania as an ethnic term more than as an occupation.Assamese,just like any other people are prejudiced against others.Reason why Miris/mishings and other ethnicities complain so much about mainstream assamese chauvinism.

None of your bombast negates the fact that the prejudiced views NE and Indians have of each other is mostly,originally, assamese.

Mr 100+ IQ .
Use your brain .Look at my posts thoroughly.Her family means her husband family not her own family in AP.
They are still in AP.

Shittier places.Of course Kerala is reputed for shortage of jobs and emigration.But we have HDI of around 0.825 .
Something that your mountain rag village cant even imagine.
Dont push me to that topic.You wilk be embarassed.

She is rich and joyful in this Kerala not in your mountain dwellings.

seems like you trying to fight with everybody around you :)

Mr 100+ IQ .
Use your brain .Look at my posts thoroughly.Her family means her husband family not her own family in AP.
They are still in AP.

Shittier places.Of course Kerala is reputed for shortage of jobs and emigration.But we have HDI of around 0.825 .
Something that your mountain rag village cant even imagine.
Dont push me to that topic.You wilk be embarassed.

She is rich and joyful in this Kerala not in your mountain dwellings.
Look dude.For NE people,rest of India is a shitty place to settle because it's "not ours".Even if you had 0.9 HDI it would be the same for us.
The rich very rarely migrate,it's the poorer people who usually do.Anyway,if she was native..ahh but she doesn't exist most likely so what's the use of this exchange.

seems like you trying to fight with everybody around you :)
Fight?Nope just stating ground realities.To say the rest of NE views Indians through Assamese lenses historically is just saying the facts.Just like rest of Indians and establishment viewed the rest of NE through Assamese lens.

Fight?Nope just stating ground realities.To say the rest of NE views Indians through Assamese lenses historically is just saying the facts.Just like rest of Indians and establishment viewed the rest of NE through Assamese lens.

Well, I just saw an Assamese guy contradict you, or say disagree with you. So, question,"What makes you think you can speak for entire NE in general ?"
Also, let us say, I agree with you, yes, you and people like you are different from rest of India. But then again, considering, the states of India have been more or less created on the basis of linguistic/cultural lines, people from each and every state of India are different. So you are not saying something extraordinary or unusual there. If that is not the case, then what makes you special ?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom