What's new

What keeps India united?

We Indians don't realise what an accomplishment it is for this country to remain united even after 70 years of independence without many disturbances;for a third world country whose 70 percent of the population could afford hardly two meals a day when it got freedom this is remarkable.
the ever so loving grace of Modi G

A country becomes united because of external fear.Like USA keep exploring new threats to show Americans that we are under attack but actually they are not.This is a tactic to keep America intact otherwise every state will go separate n no more USA.......Same is India doing to show Indians that Pakistan n China are our enemy and want to destroy us. Their Generals n politicians want to keep money going to their pockets from arms deals. And Indians keep their eyes close to those deals n not asking government that "where is my bathroom.":welcome: to reality.
Replace Pakistan with India in this post and you are spot on mate!

Fear of which Pakistan? East Pakistan or West Pakistan?

Both.
Wrong Madam.If you take that as one of your organized like religion.
I would say because I am also a Hindu.Hinduism is not an organized religion.It is a civilization,rich civilization that can accomodate anything.

it is not abour organized or unorganized, a religion is a religion so does Hinduism. This Hindutva ideology is keeping India United. The Indian nationalism is also revolving around Hinduism. it is not the civilization, if you consider it a civilization then it will die down.
civilizations are meant to be replaced by other civilizations .

it is the fear of losing your faith to other faiths which is forcing Indian Hindus to get united.

If it was able to accommodate anything then you would not have been running ghar wapsi drives, you would not have been coming up with love jehad phobias.

all in all it is Hinduism which is keeping India United otherwise your ethnic nationalism would have split India long ago.

You should thank to Hindutva Ideology for this unity

:o:Little in common?Oh Bhaiya,until 19th century we didn't even know Indians existed.Before 16th century we had nothing to do with even Assam.To say we share a little is a colossal overstatement.More like we share nothing and we go on divergent roads anyway.
Because the culture,race etc etc are far more closer.I was surprised to find Nagas so close to us when we had more contact with say bhutanese.

Imaginary pulao hai ki nahi?

:lol:
Try luck next time or cry me a river :cray:

Kerala model has its own problem.
Unlike TN or Gujarat we are so depended on gulf money.
Our unskilled and other sectors are already under control of Indians from other state.
But TN and other states have their own self manufacturing sector.
We should follow that model.

Yes, there is always room for improvement. Look where Keralites started & where they have reached. Now they own multi billion dollar businesses in the gulf.

Our unskilled and other sectors are already under control of Indians from other state.
That's probably because of unavailability owing to migration. Whereas in Punjab lots of farming is actually done by bihari's entirely for different reasons.

Both.

it is not abour organized or unorganized, a religion is a religion so does Hinduism. This Hindutva ideology is keeping India United. The Indian nationalism is also revolving around Hinduism. it is not the civilization, if you consider it a civilization then it will die down.

it is the fear of losing your faith to other faiths which is forcing Indian Hindus to get united.

If it was able to accommodate anything then you would not have been running ghar wapsi drives, you would not have been coming up with love jehad phobias.

all in all it is Hinduism which is keeping India United otherwise your ethnic nationalism would have split India long ago.

Just a pointer. Love Jehad & Ghar Wapsi are failed ventures.

I personally think that if we follow those programs we will soon be indistinguishable from Pakistan. Religious zealotry is of interest for a certain few.

Both.

What is hindutva ideology didi ji ?
Mam your insecurity spilling all over in this thread .... Be my guest(Yindu) clear your misconception about Hindus or Hinduism....
You know what Hinduism has taught us
वसुधेव कुटुम्बक्म( Vasudhev kutumbakkam) means whole earth is my family.....
सरवे भवन्तु सुखिना सरवे भवन्तु निरामया(Sarvey bhavantu sukhina sarvey bhavantu niramaya) mean every human leads happy & healthy life ....
N I concede that such thousand year old wisdom kept us united ....
India will remain Attot (अटूट) .....

Both.

Its all about organized religion madam.
Ours is a civilization ,a thousand years old civilization. Hinduism is that civilization ,a collection of time tested beliefs and traditionas .Both scientific and super stitous beliefs are present in these civilization.

Sorry we had been faced thousand years of invasion both physical and cultural , but this civilization is still in here without any problem.

These Ghar Wapsi and such stupid allegation wont reduce its glory.

Ghar Wapsi was for return of poor people that were influenced through money and other petty talks.

Hinduism will still remain in here without any problem even .if their is no Ghar Wapsi.So cut that BS.

Dont need to repeat your usual reason for justify your nations creation.

After all we are a lots better than some Islamic Republics in this 2015 and earst while joint Republic that busted in 1971.

Yes..let's fast forward it to 21st century.

And yet you are a Tani and not a Naga or a Mizo. Difference exists. But I take it, since the difference in culture is not much, hence you are willing to ignore it.
So, can I say, you want your own country, because of your cultural similarity, which consists of Nagas and you ?

Now, today, in comparison to the bigger set of India, you can say you are similar. Tomorrow, let's say if you have your own country, and a much smaller set, what is the guarantee that the small excusable differences will not start feeling bigger ?
Ignore?Most people in Zangnan/south tibet or whatever apart from the zealous lama buddhists will prefer China to even outright independence.So the question of Nagas doesn't arise at all.

:lol:
Try luck next time or cry me a river :cray:
Areh?Ganga too polluted that you need me to give you a new nalah?

Its Gandhi's head in Indian currency that has kept India united IMHO.

We Indians don't realise what an accomplishment it is for this country to remain united even after 70 years of independence without many disturbances;for a third world country whose 70 percent of the population could afford hardly two meals a day when it got freedom this is remarkable.

However many internal conflicts there are,we never demanded/demand to get separated from India.There is no country in this entire planet which was as poor as India during independence and even half its size which did not have violent civil wars or people killing each other madly for money.

The crime rate in India is much less when you compare it with the ratio of its population.
So,my question is what keeps us united?I bet no country which was as diverse as India or as poor as it was could keep itself together this long.

Is that because of caste system which assigned works based on birthand solidified it with religious sanctions?

Fevicol
536979_491594600887053_64777879_n.jpg

Ignore?Most people in Zangnan/south tibet or whatever apart from the zealous lama buddhists will prefer China to even outright independence.So the question of Nagas doesn't arise at all.

So, tell me if I got this right so far.

1. Tanis and Nagas are very much alike. However, some differences exist.

2. You would like to see a separate country with them, which is approximately a 6 million strong population and comprises of parts of Nagaland and Arunachal.

3. Assam is totally a no-no. The same goes for Tripura and also Mizoram may be ? Funny thing, we have not talked but Meghalaya so far. You thoughts on that ? (The whole combined NE does not look all that combined all of a sudden now)

4. There are hundreds of other tribes in NE, but we don't know what they want.

5. The basis for unity is cultural similarities. Again, what may seem similar in a bigger set, always look more and more dissimilar in a smaller set. That's pure and simple Mathematics and Humanities.
Just a few questions on this culture thing.

A. Why do you think it is necessary to identify a nation based on a single culture ? Can it be done artificially ? Because if we look deep we will always find out, there will be subsets inside sets and bifurcations present ?

B. Is anybody/anything stopping you presently from practicing your culture ?

C. Any kind of exploitation ?

6. We have the China/South Tibet angle. Most people would like to be a part of China. Question, why ? Cultural similarity this time as well ? I think not.

Okay, I'll assume you are correct. Although, the supporters of the Llama will disagree. But I believe, the Nagas got left behind with that idea ?

So, why don't you summarize one idea, a kind of good-to-have plan, and the objectives that you are achieving with the plan ?

Well before making this statement have you ever visited India????

Hinduism is totally different from North India and South India...the way they worship is a bit different....even the ideology....You can see lots of Ram name in North but you can;'t see the same in South....You can find more radical hindu groups in North India than in South...This is the reason why nearly 1/3rd of the South India's population has been converted into other faiths coz South Indians are bit liberal....And you also you can see East India is totally different I don't think i have to explain that....

Yes I did visit India. And I tell you the beauty of India is its religious following religiously. No matter if there is difference between outlook of Hindus in South and North India the core ideology is the same. And again even this difference is one of the factors to create concern about losing religious identity that is why liberals in India also draw a flake from cultural Hindus.

Why the conversions are creating fear? because Indianism is basically Hinduism.Indianism is linked to Hinduism directly.

Actually I would thank Pakistan for keeping India intact....Coz whenever a person in India hears about Pakistan's name he gets hyper nationalism....

Yes true your Indian media has always presented Pakistan and China in a way to instill fear among common Indians.
Again this nationalism is linked to the fact that both Pakistan and China are non Hindu nations; if they have any edge over India it is threatening to Indian Hindu nationalistic fabric.

So, tell me if I got this right so far.

1. Tanis and Nagas are very much alike. However, some differences exist.

2. You would like to see a separate country with them, which is approximately a 6 million strong population and comprises of parts of Nagaland and Arunachal.

3. Assam is totally a no-no. The same goes for Tripura and also Mizoram may be ? Funny thing, we have not talked but Meghalaya so far. You thoughts on that ? (The whole combined NE does not look all that combined all of a sudden now)

4. There are hundreds of other tribes in NE, but we don't know what they want.

5. The basis for unity is cultural similarities. Again, what may seem similar in a bigger set, always look more and more dissimilar in a smaller set. That's pure and simple Mathematics and Humanities.
Just a few questions on this culture thing.

A. Why do you think it is necessary to identify a nation based on a single culture ? Can it be done artificially ? Because if we look deep we will always find out, there will be subsets inside sets and bifurcations present ?

B. Is anybody/anything stopping you presently from practicing your culture ?

C. Any kind of exploitation ?

6. We have the China/South Tibet angle. Most people would like to be a part of China. Question, why ? Cultural similarity this time as well ? I think not.

Okay, I'll assume you are correct. Although, the supporters of the Llama will disagree. But I believe, the Nagas got left behind with that idea ?

So, why don't you summarize one idea, a kind of good-to-have plan, and the objectives that you are achieving with the plan ?
:o:All of the above is mostly your assumption.
Each region, major ethnic group will go where they want.The very basic idea of democracy and free choice.So Apart from Zangnan,Nagas and the rest of NE apart from the 2 exclusions can form a separate country.It all depends on the wishes of the people are at the time such an occurrence takes place.
Most of these hill state groups have little undying enmity with each other and can get together.To give you an idea,even the worst inter ethnic conflicts here have fewer casualties than a single riot in India.
(Naga areas aren't included in Zangnan)However,it is very likely in event of independence each major ethnic group going their own way with minor groups being accorded considerations.The NE region gets along pretty well,so apart from Assam and Sikkim(geography) and maybe Tripura(geography),the rest of us(excluding my group) can get on as a separate nation.

The culture of a region changes if it stays in regular contact with alien influences,let alone downright demographic engineering of NE.We have done a good job preserving our society till now and will hopefully can do the same as long as needed.
However culture is something fluid,no matter how staunch hardliners say,even then people interact with people and cultures they find worthy.It's here that Subcontinent will almost never appeal to NE.EA and SEA influences will always reign over the natives in the region.
On a lighter note and to make you understand-If I can't have the food of my choice in a union of nations,how much chance do you think I have of my people surviving as a distinct group?After all the history of the subcontinent is full of ethnic natives getting trampled by ruling classes at will aka caste system.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom