What's new

What is your view about Korea and Vietnam?

Shandong is the second richest province in China after Guangdong, with the GDP per capita around 6600 USD in 2010.

And Confucius was from Shandong, and his height was 6'6. :wave:

I doubt confucius was 194.7cm tall, 2500 years ago (!)

And actually I was expecting people from north east to be taller.

I doubt confucius was 194.7cm tall, 2500 years ago (!)

And actually I was expecting people from north east to be taller.

Have you seen the Terracotta? These are life sized, the average height is over 180cm.

Qin Dynasty was 2200 years ago.

Have you seen the Terracotta? These are life sized, the average height is over 180cm.

I heard the Qin emperor made them bigger then they really are in a documentary..

From this documentary I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

The thing is if he was that tall it would have been mentioned in historical records.
Xu Zhu, Cao Cao's personal body guard, was rumoured to be 190 cm. Historical record described him as tall and built like a tiger.

It is harder for outsiders to tell.

For example if you showed me a picture of a European person, I wouldn't know if they were German/Polish/Eastern European/Russian etc.

i'm not exactly an outside person. i'm pureblood chinese (both my mother and father are from old pureblood beijing families)

and i can't tell the difference between korean/japanese/chinese/viets.

Well you "Vietnam boys" are generally criminogenic, not you though.

See how that sounds?
I like it. You Chinese boys should continue to associate as much negative attributes to us 'inferior' Asians as possible to deflect attention away from yours, like racism for example.

On the subject of height, people living in Northern China are generally taller and physically larger compared to Southern China. I think it has more to do with eating habits as well as genes. From personaly experience, I'd say Northern Chinese consumes more meat and dairy products than Souther Chinese, but eat less vegtables.

i'm not exactly an outside person. i'm pureblood chinese (both my mother and father are from old pureblood beijing families)

and i can't tell the difference between korean/japanese/chinese/viets.

I can tell between viets, chinese and korean, and to a lesser extent Japanese.
There will always be some form of overlap.

I can even tell between people in china and people in taiwan to a certain extent.

I also find that people from england looks more distinct than those from mainland europe, or countries that used to be colonies like NZ and australia. But to be honest I feel English people are not as good looking in general compared to other european nations.

The thing is if he was that tall it would have been mentioned in historical records.
Xu Zhu, Cao Cao's personal body guard, was rumoured to be 190 cm. Historical record described him as tall and built like a tiger.

Built like a tiger is a term of exaggeration to show how strong the guy is. However, being 190cm is not out of the norm.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom