What's new

What is your view about Korea and Vietnam?

I like it. You Chinese boys should continue to associate as much negative attributes to us 'inferior' Asians as possible to deflect attention away from yours, like racism for example.
As long as you like it, anytime.

Toronto has alot of good looking girls, CardSharp. Must be the french influence!

I can tell between viets, chinese and korean, and to a lesser extent Japanese.
There will always be some form of overlap.

I can even tell between people in china and people in taiwan to a certain extent.

I also find that people from england looks more distinct than those from mainland europe, or countries that used to be colonies like NZ and australia. But to be honest I feel English people are not as good looking in general compared to other european nations.

Viets look more Southeast Asians, Koreans look more Mongolic, Japanese in between.

Taiwanese resemble the Chinese population from Fujian and Zhejiang.

Viets look more Southeast Asians, Koreans look more Mongolic, Japanese in between.

Taiwanese resemble the Chinese population from Fujian and Zhejiang.

My father's side is from Hubei. My mother's family originally from Fujian but has been living in Taiwan for generations. They keep ancestry charts in the temple for everyone around the area.

I think high speed rail and modern transport will eventually make regional differences less and less distinctive.

My father's side is from Hubei. My mother's family originally from Fujian but has been living in Taiwan for generations. They keep ancestry charts in the temple for everyone around the area.

I think high speed rail and modern transport will eventually make regional differences less and less distinctive.

People from Shanghai, for example, have the ancestry from Jiangsu and Zhejiang exclusively in decades ago.

Now, the new generation of the Shanghainese are a big cocktail of people from anywhere in China.

Generally northern chinese are taller than southern ones. Taiwan people is more close to south. But with improvements in nutrition etc it's harder to distinguish nowadays.
I do not believe it has much to do with stature. The average height of Hong Kongers is almost dead last among Chinese, despite having enjoyed better nutrition FAR longer than Taiwan. Taiwanese, OTOH, are taller than almost everyone south of the Yellow River. This is quite strange, considering the Aboriginal blood should have dragged the average down. I'll find the link of average height of Chinese in each province.

I do not believe it has much to do with stature. The average height of Hong Kongers is almost dead last among Chinese, despite having enjoyed better nutrition FAR longer than Taiwan. Taiwanese, OTOH, are taller than almost everyone south of the Yellow River. This is quite strange, considering the Aboriginal blood should have dragged the average down. I'll find the link of average height of Chinese in each province.

Taiwanese are about the same height as the people living in the Yangzi River basin, and shorter than the Northern Chinese.

I've met many Taiwanese, most of them aren't very tall.

Before anyone drag my family into this, both my brother and his Vietnamese fiance are engineers at a major aerospace firm in California, so spare them of the usual stereotypes, OK?

Are you sure Hongkongers dead last in average height, when was the last time you been to HK? check out the average height of the after the 80's generation, i'm 6' 1" and still growing, i don't even feeling particular tall comparing to most of the people similiar to my age.
Even according to this source dated back to 2008, the average height of HK is taller than mainland China.
Height Chart of Men and Women in Different Countries

Are you sure Hongkongers dead last in average height, when was the last time you been to HK? check out the average height of the after the 80's generation, i'm 6' 1" and still growing, i don't even feeling particular tall comparing to most of the people similiar to my age.
Even according to this source dated back to 2008, the average height of HK is taller than mainland China.
Height Chart of Men and Women in Different Countries

Hong Kongers are in the middle of the chart, i think the dead end of the height are the population in Southwest China, which i believe is slightly under 170cm.

Hong Kongers are on average over 170cm, maybe taller for the new generation.

BTW, the average height of male mainlander is 171cm and female mainlander is 159cm if we lump the old and young people together.

That's right. The younger generation (our generation)... is getting a lot taller in HK.

Good nutrition I guess. :D

That's right. The younger generation (our generation) is getting a lot taller in HK.

Good nutrition I guess. :D

The ancient Chinese were once quite tall people in the World, once many massive genocides were occurred in the gene pool of the ancient Chinese population, the gene pool of our ancestor has been degenerated due the inbreeding with each other.

With the improving living standard, our height will gradually swift back to the original domain.

If you have studied the stats, the height of the generation would not grow endlessly. Otherwise, you will end up with 8 feet people on average in the future.

I guess the average height of 6 feet is the peak what our height can grow.

The ancient Chinese were once quite tall people in the World, once many massive genocides were occurred in the gene pool of the ancient Chinese population, the gene pool of our ancestor has been degenerated due the inbreeding with each other.

Where do you get that idea from.
You think wars and mass killings don't go on in other parts of the world? What about the dark ages etc.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom