What's new

What is your mother tongue ? What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

Had quite a few kerala konkani hostel mates back in the days. Predominantly from kanhangad & kasargod. That's how i picked up malayalam & gave me a chance to visit kerala quite so often.

I also had Mallu batch mates. I can understand bit of malayalam however, quite difficult to speak. However, out of all south Indian languages, I find malayam pretty pleasant to ears :)

by what I heard from my college mates(in the end 90s) , malayalam is hard to learn or even to speak. if you have achieved that, then kudos :enjoy:

You read my mind :D

by what I heard from my college mates(in the end 90s) , malayalam is hard to learn or even to speak. if you have achieved that, then kudos :enjoy:

Maybe.. but not for people from my neck of the woods... from coastal Karnataka, bordering Kerala. We have a lot in common!:-)

I also had Mallu batch mates. I can understand bit of malayalam however, quite difficult to speak. However, out of all south Indian languages, I find malayam pretty pleasant to ears :)
It is a hard language. but since we have a head start... that gives us the advantage!

Last edited:
Mother toungue: Won't tell :angel:
Can read write speak fluently : English , Urdu
other languages, These three to some extent : Russian , German and even Latin

Didnt know that you speak russian too .... klassno !! ;)

:lol: a bit. It's a mixture of whole lot of local languages bruv. You find a lot of Malayalam, bit of tulu, bit of kannada. It's only spoken by local sunny muslims.

That's right. My friend Muqeem is a byari from Mangalore, when I first heard him talking to his folks, I thought he was speaking Malayalam however, later I came to know that it's "Bhelpuri/Khichdi" language :D

Didnt know that you speak russian too .... klassno !! ;)
Yours truly is also a Former Communist
125px-Hammer_and_Sickle_Red_Star_with_Glow.png

Drew this On My bedrom wall, even My school bag :laugh:

That's right. My friend Muqeem is a byari from Mangalore, when I first heard him talking to his folks, I thought he was speaking Malayalam however, later I came to know that it's "Bhelpuri/Khichdi" language :D

I know... it is a real funny language. quite dizzy. When they pronounce numbers, you would think they are talking in malayalam. But when you really hear them talk.. you'll get confused big time.

mother tongue: Chinese Wu(吴语)
Others: Chinese Mandarin (普通话),English,Vietnamese (Tieng Viet), Norwegian (Norsk)

How many languages are being spoken in China ? I knew about only Mandarin and Cantonese .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom