What's new

What is your mother tongue ? What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

Nanu hutti belediddu shirasiyalli, karwaradalli mooru warsha kooda idde nanu. Nimmannu illi nodi tumbha khushi aaithu :)

Oh, Nimgoo Ghattad melaatu haangare! Yenge Siddapura aatu :)

@kseeker nan ammanige Konkani chennagi bartade. Aadre naa kalilik hogle illa. Our neighbours in Bangalore are also GSBs from Sirsi!:cheers:

@kseeker nan ammanige Konkani chennagi bartade. Aadre naa kalilik hogle illa. Our neighbours in Bangalore are also GSBs from Sirsi!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Do you frequently visit Uttara Kannada? I used to go there every time I had holidays. Lots of good memories! :)

Not frequent as such but I do visit once in a year or so. And yes, those are unforgettable good memories which lingers around forever !

Mother tongues bengali.. learnt english,nepali, latin and hindi at school, can speak a bit of oriya thanks to my engineering college days at bhubaneswar, picking up bits n pieces of french from a pretty lil colleague of mine now ;)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Not frequent as such but I do visit once in a year or so. And yes, those are unforgettable good memories which lingers around forever !

And I can never forget the little treks that I used to go there. Areas around Unchalli falls, Burde Joga and Aghanashini kolla were a standard set every year during holidays. This time, I'm planning a beach walk from Honnavar to Karwar. :)

I'm planning a beach walk from Honnavar to Karwar.

Walk? You would need to walk for at least 60-80 Kms then :D

And I can never forget the little treks that I used to go there. Areas around Unchalli falls, Burde Joga and Aghanashini kolla were a standard set every year during holidays.

:tup: they are all awesome places. If you get time, try to visit sahasra linga, yana, magod falls, dandeli abhayaranya as well.

Especially sahasralinga and yana are really wonderful.

Walk? You would need to walk for at least 60-80 Kms then :D

:tup: they are all awesome places. If you get time, try to visit sahasra linga, yana, magod falls, dandeli abhayaranya as well.

Especially sahasralinga and yana are really wonderful.

Visited them all! Liked the forest trek to Yana, but the actual peak itself wasn't what I'd hoped it would be. Did white-water rafting in Dandeli. Great experience! And yeah, it's a 3 day trek that I'm planning...80kms in total. :)

One thing that I haven't done is to visit the Marikamba jaatre. :(

Visited them all! Liked the forest trek to Yana, but the actual peak itself wasn't what I'd hoped it would be. Did white-water rafting in Dandeli. Great experience! And yeah, it's a 3 day trek that I'm planning...80kms in total. :)

One thing that I haven't done is to visit the Marikamba jaatre. :(

Dunno why, but I feel so much at peace whenever I visit Uttara Kannada. I find a sense of familiarity with everything/everyone there that eludes me in Bangalore.

Last edited:
Visited them all! Liked the forest trek to Yana, but the actual peak itself wasn't what I'd hoped it would be. Did white-water rafting in Dandeli. Great experience! And yeah, it's a 3 day trek that I'm planning...80kms in total.

:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

One thing that I haven't done is to visit the Marikamba jaatre.

You might want to plan that as well. jaatre is couple of months away this year.

I'm afraid it's not possible this year. Are you going, btw?

oh ok. No, I will have to skip as well because of my scheduled travel plans.

Perhaps next year.

It would be next to next year then :)

The greatest journey in the World is the one that takes us Home. :)

Couldn't agree more :tup:

And yeah, learnt only 2 things in Konkani from my neighbour. Udaa Digo, and Udaa Padtosa![/quote]

Glad to know that :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom