What's new

What is your mother tongue ? What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

Ah ... Tulu, I can understand tulu 80 - 90 % however, can't speak properly though ;). My engineering room mates were from Udupi :)

Yencha Ullar? Eereg madme aathunda? Yank madme aathijji :D

Good to hear that :)

wow... that was proper. you din't miss out on anything there. perfect grammer.:tup: yaan saukya ulle. enk madmela atundu, jokulla undu :enjoy:

Absolutely Correct :enjoy: I appears you still haven't forgotten konkani :D

these are the culture & surroundings I was brought up with. Very hard to let it go. Have been lucky to grow up in a multicultural & multilingual society! :-)

Read/Write - Gujarati,Hindi,Marathi,English
Understand - Punjabi, Sindhi

Best at C#

Native Language - Punjabi
Fluent in Hindi/English.
Can understand Korean and throw in a few Korean words in a conversation.

Other languages that I tried learning and got stuck at the basics is Spanish,Cantonese and Japanese :cry:

Punjabi
Punjabized Urdu
Punjabized English
Punjabized Saraiki
Punjabized Pothohari
Punjabized Dogari
Punjabized Farsi
Punjabized Hindi
List all the dialects also :rofl:

these are the culture & surroundings I was brought up with. Very hard to let it go. Have been lucky to grow up in a multicultural & multilingual society! :-)
Nice to know about you. I spent few years in Dharwad.More than half of my friends are Tulu,with whom perhaps I spent the best moments of my life,which are never going to come back again.

Nice to know about you. I spent few years in Dharwad.More than half of my friends are Tulu,with whom perhaps I spent the best moments of my life,which are never going to come back again.

wow.. that's nice to know. We are a small community... but scattered around now. Have relatives settled in Dharwad too. Maybe this will give bit more information about tulu language!

Tulu language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An excerpt from Wiki

@Armstrong,

Any idea on that ?

There is a small Konkani Muslim community in Gulshane Iqbal neighborhood in Karachi. I am guessing there might be a small minority in Hyderabad too. They are integrated into the muhajir community.

Back
Top Bottom