What's new

What is your mother tongue ? What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

English

Can speak..

Japanese
Sinhala (moderately)

Understand some Tamil

Mother tongue: Sindhi
Can write Hindi, Marathi,English,C,C++,Java,Abap :D

Read-Write-Speak -> Konkanni, Marathi, Hindi and English
Just Understand -> Punjabi and Gujarati

Bread & Butter - > English and C# :-)

LOL!...The only Indian language that I can read or write is Hindi!...See we people from Chennai know Hindi. Not my fault..While growing up My Mom is from Bangalore, My dad from Vellore..My mother tongue was Telugu..bought up in Chennai..it was very confusing and to top that off All of us at home always conversed in English.
but how is ur mother tongue telugu??? when neither of ur parents are from ap??

Konkani is spoken by two sets of people with slight difference in the language between the two, down in Karnataka. One is goud saraswat bahmins & others being Catholics. Which konkani do you speak?

I am a GSB.

Not just GSBs and Catholics, there are few OBCs in Karwar, Udupi and Mangalore districts who also speak Konkani however, their dialect is different from GSB and Catholic Konkani. Even Karwar and Udupi/Mangalore GSB Konkani dialect are different.

There are also Nawayathi Muslims in 3 districts mentioned above, who speak a kind of Konkani.

Nawayathi dialect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a GSB.

Not just GSBs and Catholics, there are few OBCs in Karwar, Udupi and Mangalore districts who also speak Konkani however, their dialect is different from GSB and Catholic Konkani. Even Karwar and Udupi/Mangalore GSB Konkani dialect are different.

There are also Nawayathi Muslims in 3 districts mentioned above, who speak a kind of Konkani.

Nawayathi dialect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh OK. I'm more familiar with the ones spoken by GSBs & Catholics around m'lore. Used to speak a bit as well back then... but now lost touch with the language! Just the basic ones i can remember still...:lol:

mother tongue : tulu
can read, write & speak ; Kannada, Hindi, English
can speak : Punjabi
understand & can speak (not so fluently) : gujarati, malayalam, marathi.

Ah ... Tulu, I can understand tulu 80 - 90 % however, can't speak properly though ;). My engineering room mates were from Udupi :)

Yencha Ullar? Eereg madme aathunda? Yank madme aathijji :D

Oh OK. I'm more familiar with the ones spoken by GSBs & Catholics around m'lore. Used to speak a bit as well back then... but now lost touch with the language! Just the basic ones i can remember still...:lol:

Good to hear that :)

Can write Hindi, Marathi,English,C,C++,Java,Abap :D

That was a good one :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom