What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

no but i never been to pakistan or saudi arabia or afghanistan either and i think they are religious people because they are all ISLAMIC countries and most oppose secularism. why i need to go to a country to classify it??

Your talking out of your äss. Your even more full of sh!t if you compare Iran to Pakistan and KSA. Seriously, haS nobody ever in your near environment accused you of enormous stupidity?

You haven't been to Iran, while you try to claim to know how extremist Iranians are.

What i will tell is from personal experience. Pune is one of the largest education hub in India . A lot of Afghanis and quite a lot of Iranis , Arabs , Maghrebs and Africans come here to study .

Iranis are amongst the cooler lot and very outgoing . Been to Pubs , bars and trips with them . they love the "freedom" in India plus are focused towards studies unlike others who just come here have a good time for a few years and go back without a degree :D .

By and Large religion never comes into Discussion but it was sad to see a little bit of prejudice from Arabs towards them .

That being said Iranian chicks are HOT :D

Now the question goes how is it relevant to the thread .

Its relevant because i did not find them rabidly religious while they do believe in their religion and basic tenets .

If their is democracy it will propel Iran's progress further at it will become a knowledge and economic hub in Middle east , quite comparable to Turkey in a couple of decades or so . That being said it will take time . Change is a slow continuous process . Sudden change brings precarious results as Iran has seen it itself .

Before any cynic calls my post figment of imagination Here's an article which quotes there are 15000 Iranian Students in Pune

http://www.punemirror.in/article/2/2012101920121019074808733b0be5d78/City%E2%80%99s-Iranian-students-fall-on-rial-hard-times.html

Your talking out of your äss. Your even more full of sh!t if you compare Iran to Pakistan and KSA. Seriously, haS nobody ever in your near environment accused you of enormous stupidity?

You haven't been to Iran, while you try to claim to know how extremist Iranians are.

sir why u expect everyone should automatically know how religious iranians are. iranians did the islamic revolution. why they did that if they are not religious??
and im not saying iranian are extremist, so why u feel insulted?? i don't know

Then why so many people are asking for hasrsh punishment for rape rather than asking keep their dick inside their pants in public??

Because that is emotionalism. If their own relative had done that they would not be talking squat.

Punishments need to be harsh, death in this case, but not through medieval and barbaric things like beheading. Hanging or even chemical injections are fine.

sir why u expect everyone should automatically know how religious iranians are. iranians did the islamic revolution. why they did that if they are not religious??
and im not saying iranian are extremist, so why u feel insulted?? i don't know

I'm not going to discuss history with you. Besides that, if you put historical events in your mouth like 'Islamic revolution' at least know what actually happened in those days. I pity the fool who thinks that the revolution was Islamic (entirely). Iranians are less religious than any people in the region, including Indians.

I'm not going to discuss history with you. Besides that, if you put historical events in your mouth like 'Islamic revolution' at least know what actually happened in those days. I pity the fool who thinks that the revolution was Islamic (entirely). Iranians are less religious than any people in the region, including Indians.

most indian youth don't take religion seriously and many are atheists.

Do foreign students usually intermingle with the Indian communities?

They do because they are here for education so in school and colleges there are a lot of natives . But yes i have seen a lot of different nationalities bunched together according to nationalities as well in which Afghans lead the pack .

Plus i have seen quite a few "inter-nationality" marriages ....

So it's a mix of both . More towards clumping as nationalities which is understandable .

I don't care frankly, but your claims about the religiousness of Iranians is baseless and ignorant.

it is good if you are right and most iranian are not religious fanatics. i support them

it is good if you are right and most iranian are not religious fanatics. i support them
@jandk:: I have a request that please stay away from a thread if you have limited knowledge about any particular topic...The thread was going well with lot of healthy discussion and you are trying to put a half baked comments without knowing in full...

Iranian friends...I think it is better you guys ignore if any posts are irrelavenat to this topic...Just continue with your discussion....

First of all I am surprised to see that there is even a thought of being secular exists in Iran and its people inspite of being a Muslim nation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom