What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

overseas Iranians dont represent us.

Strange. Because many overseas Iranians are new immigrants and have left Iran not long ago. But you don't have to be ashamed for overseas Iranians. Unlike you guys in Iran, we truly represent Iranian values, and thats why we are represented in many respectable functions and positions. If we in Europe hear about a possible stoning of an Iranian women, we are the guys that defend Iran and the Iranian people. What you guys destroy, we have to put together. Its me that have to be ashamed; not you.

Strange. Because many overseas Iranians are new immigrants and have left Iran not long ago. But you don't have to be ashamed for overseas Iranians. Unlike you guys in Iran, we truly represent Iranian values, and thats why we are represented in many respectable functions and positions. If we in Europe hear about a possible stoning of an Iranian women, we are the guys that defend Iran and the Iranian people. What you guys destroy, we have to put together. Its me that have to be ashamed; not you.

Never understood the arguement these guys make about overseas Iranians. For one thing most Iranians outside Iran have left very recently. On top of that we're free to say what we want and do what we want. Every survey done on the Iranian communities around Europe and NA shows that Iranians are almost entirely secular and the number of people who actually identify themselves as muslims sometimes doesn't even reach 50% (depending on the study you look at).

In Iran however these guys can't fart without some basiji being up in their faces. In 2007 I was in Iran for 2 months and I was stopped 3 times for the most retarded reasons. One time I was walking with a girl, one time the music in the car was supposedly too loud and last but certainly not least I was stopped for wearing a tee shirt!!!!!!!!!! I kid you fuckingggggg not. The mofo basijis were stopping boys for wearing tight tee shirts lmaoooo luckily I had a jacket so I argued for a bit and he let me go.

Now these guys in Iran keep yapping about us not representing Iranians. What, you guys do? You guys can't even say what you really believe in even here on this forum. Even on the internet ya'll are scared shitless. That's why we only get people like Soheil on forums. Because the open minded ones rather stfu and get on with their lives and not endanger themselves. That's how Iran works. If you have smtg negative to say you keep shut. That's why IRanians outside Iran are the true representatives.

I think he means the average understanding of Iranians is not equal to the average understanding of overseas Iranians. which is acceptable. most of overseas Iranians are educated and are familiar with western life standards.

Surenas,i lived in narmak where Armenians live the most.in addition,us muslims are a minority in the district.they have their own school that Christianity is being taught beside Islam.they have their own stadium,their own pool.as i said my best friend is armenian.they have freedom
BUT....
yes this converting part is very painful.people should be free to choose their religion.

anyway Surenas and @Abii jan:have you guys been to Qom,Mashhad or yazd?have you been to villages or small cities?no one can not question that still majority of our country support the system.this the fact.dont tell me you are in connection with Iranian people by internet or phone...or dont tell me about your relatives in Iran.you can understand what is going on in the society just by walking around the streets.plz..plz...stop claiming you are aware of our concerns.

well here's the thing. It's our word against yours b/c Iran is pretty much a prison. There haven't been any surveys on anything in, well forever. Yes, I've been to Qom and 11 other provinces. I'm from a "shahrestan" myself and have barely been in Tehran for more than 1 week so don't tell me stories about how "shahrestans" are different from Tehran blah blah

When you have a survey to show me from IRanians inside Iran or when there are free and fair elections then you will have something to say. For now my word isn't any different than your word b/c we're both giving observations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he means the average understanding of Iranians is not equal to the average understanding of overseas Iranians. which is acceptable. most of overseas Iranians are educated and are familiar with western life standards.

And how are guys more familiar than us when there are no elections in Iran, when there are no surveys in IRan, when you're all scared to talk your minds in public, when there are laws against the most miniscule things in the world in order to shut people up etc...? You're from Tabriz, there is no way you know anything about people in Shiraz and their attitudes, even if you've been there. Even your understanding of Tabrizis is based on your own community, b/c again, there are no elections, surveys, debates, free exchange of information etc... in Iran.

So I don't understand how living in Karaj or Mashhad gives you guys more power when your understanding of Iran as a collective is limited to govt resources and propeganda, just as it's for me.

secularism impossible in muslim country. iran are hardcore religious muslims

With people like Mojtaba in line for the title of supreme leader,the prospects for a more liberal,progressive and secular Iranian government seem dim.
Looks like a great deal of interesting things are about to happen regarding Iran within the next few decades,inside the country and outside of it.

You live in Canada, but you still have the intellect and mentality of a third-world citizen. You just worry about all those raping in your country.

there is a reason i said iranian are religious. iran is a very religious country. it is an islamic country. what's wrong in it?? why you are insulting indians. learn some manners man.

there is a reason i said iranian are religious. iran is a very religious country. it is an islamic country. what's wrong in it?? why you are insulting indians. learn some manners man.

Have you ever been to Iran?

Have you ever been to Iran?

no but i never been to pakistan or saudi arabia or afghanistan either and i think they are religious people because they are all ISLAMIC countries and most oppose secularism. why i need to go to a country to classify it??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom