What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

Thanks for info. They already have so much independence then I don't think there is need of secularism ?

They have right to vote ? And are they allowed to stand in elections ?

There are three spaces reserved in Iranian parliament. One for Christians, one for Zoroastrians and one for Jews. However to get to higher levels of Iranian government you generally have to be Shia Muslim.

No, Christianity, Judaism and Zoroastrian are 3 religions officially recognized and funded by government. They celebrate Christmas as they plan, there was a thread about this year's Christmas in Iran.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/226444-christmas-iran.html

Thats partially propaganda. I've heard from people that some agents went to those shops and told the owners that they have to remove all advertisement outside their shop. And try to convert from Islam to Christianity and you will see the amount of religious freedom in Iran.

I was waiting for your views......:-)

I forgot something.

Not all religions are free in Iran.For example Bahai faith is prohibited in Iran.

Other religions may not enjoy best freedom in Iran, but comparing to most Arab countries, it's better.

I hope the rights of followers of other religions improves by time.

Thats partially propaganda. I've heard from people that some agents went to those shops and told the owners that they have to remove all advertisement outside their shop. And try to convert from Islam to Christianity and you will see the amount of religious freedom in Iran.

From where have you heard that? I don't know if it's right or false.

But as I mentioned, they don't enjoy best freedom for practicing their religion for an obvious reason: Iran is not a secular country and you know how that works.

I forgot something.

Not all religions are free in Iran.For example Bahai faith is prohibited in Iran.

Other religions may not enjoy best freedom in Iran, but comparing to most Arab countries, it's better.

I hope the rights of followers of other religions improves by time.

Why Bahai prohibited?

We have more modern laws, we dont hang in public, thats why we see more incidents in delhi.

Do u know what punishment delhi brave girl wanted for those criminals?

:hitwall:

Its not because of that..its because rapists cant keep their dick inside their pants in public.

No civilized nation will tolerate medieval practises like amputation, stoning, beheading etc. Let it stay in the desert..where it originated.

From where have you heard that? I don't know if it's right or false.

I've heard that from Iranian friends in Iran.

But as I mentioned, they don't enjoy best freedom for practicing their religion for an obvious reason: Iran is not a secular country and you know how that works.

Correct. You have still many underground churches in Iran, because Christians, especially those we are converted, can't freely practice their religion. I have Jewish friends in Iran, who want to sell their shop in Tehran to go to Israel, but nobody want to the pay a market value price for their shop, partially because they are Jewish. Thats the reality in Iran.

Back in those days, in the place were I came from, North-Western Iran, we had Jews, Bahai's, Alewites, Armenians and a religious group of people who only believed in Ali, living all together, and there were no problems at all between all these communities. On the contrary, one of the most respectable, honest and loyal people in our region were these people.

:hitwall:

Its not because of that..its because rapists cant keep their dick inside their pants in public.

No civilized nation will tolerate medieval practises like amputation, stoning, beheading etc. Let it stay in the desert..where it originated.

Then why so many people are asking for hasrsh punishment for rape rather than asking keep their dick inside their pants in public??

Why Bahai prohibited?

Because it's labeled as an illegal branch of Islam that deviates its teachings.

Personally, I would like a secular Iran.But it shouldn't be mistaken with 'Anti-Religion' Iran. You can't separate Iranian society from religion, but I think it's better to have a law based on non-religious views,hence rights of people from all kinds of beliefs is preserved.
I prefer a Secular Iran that respects rights of every single Iranian with any kind of belief: from hardliner Muslims, Christians, Jews Zoroastrians to Atheists and Non-believers. No one should be prosecuted for his beliefs as long as it's not hurting the society or people.

We have more modern laws, we dont hang in public, thats why we see more incidents in delhi.

Do u know what punishment delhi brave girl wanted for those criminals?

Its easier said than done. We can hang them behind bars itself.

Surenas,i lived in narmak where Armenians live the most.in addition,us muslims are a minority in the district.they have their own school that Christianity is being taught beside Islam.they have their own stadium,their own pool.as i said my best friend is armenian.they have freedom
BUT....
yes this converting part is very painful.people should be free to choose their religion.

anyway Surenas and @Abii jan:have you guys been to Qom,Mashhad or yazd?have you been to villages or small cities?no one can not question that still majority of our country support the system.this the fact.dont tell me you are in connection with Iranian people by internet or phone...or dont tell me about your relatives in Iran.you can understand what is going on in the society just by walking around the streets.plz..plz...stop claiming you are aware of our concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
plus i would like to know how do @Surenas and @Abii think about the regime change?a soft one or a harsh one?

I don't care if the regime has many supporters in backward villages. They probably do, but considering the fact that 70% of all Iranians live in urban areas, I merely focus on those developments, rather than looking at poor villagers, who have nothing to eat, and come to Tehran by regime-busses, to demonstrate in the name of Khamenei and co.

Most Iranians I know, whether Kurd, Azeri, Fars, Arab or Baluch; all despise the current system and see Khamenei + the rest of the mullahs/pasdars as a backward, corrupt and lying clan of elites.

plus i would like to know how do @Surenas and @Abii think about the regime change?a soft one or a harsh one?

I prefer a peaceful transition of power and change. The best scenario is change that comes from within the establishment. Why? Because otherwise the country could face disorder and chaos, like we see in Iraq, Syria and Libya. In this case most current institutions could adapt to these new developments, rather than break apart.

Back
Top Bottom