What's new

What is your favorite Turkic Muslim Empire?

Pick one

• Total voters
My favorites among those 3 would be the Ottoman Empire followed by the Mughal Empire. In all honesty my favorite Islamic Empires are the Rashidun Caliphate & the Arab Abbasid Caliphate.

The Abbasid Empire gave many people including non-Arabs social equality, & they celebrated the cultures & heritages of the variety of ethnic groups within the Empire. Apart from their scientific achievements, they formed a sort of all inclusive identity that rivaled the Hellene, Roman, & Indo-Iranian civilizations of the past.

The Ottoman Empire was good too, but I disliked the devshirme system & consider taking non-Muslim children as barbaric. The fact that the Janissaries became an influential group in the Empire for a considerable duration is a different story altogether. My favorite Ottoman Sultan was Suleiman the Magnificent, not only for his military accomplishments, but also due to the educational, administrative, & cultural reforms he introduced.

The Mughals were alright, but apart from their cultural & architectural accomplishments, they didn't do too well technologically later on. It should also be noted that while the Mughals were originally Turkic, they completely assimilated with the locals similar to the ruling Ottoman elite. The Mughals formed an empire that was mostly indigenous in its nature, with a lot of emphasis on Persian culture. In fact, the Mughals considered Persian culture & language as being extremely refined & exquisite.

Are you kidding me - Turkish Men aren't even Men they're so feminine blokes like @Sinan & @T-123456 ! :p:

I see, you lately picking on me along @T-123456 . I can be pretty brutal, just givings a heads up, so don't start to cry later. :triniti:

A little??:D They take the word "macho" to a new level lol

Ahhh... I know what you mean.

There is say among my Turkish friends " If you are a macho, you will bow down to your wife, 5 minutes later than a non-macho guy" :)

I see, you lately picking on me along @T-123456 . I can be pretty brutal, just givings a heads up, so don't start to cry later. :triniti:

Ahhh... I know what you mean.

There is say among my Turkish friends " If you are a macho, you will bow down to your wife, 5 minutes later than a non-macho guy" :)

Ohhh is that right? Anyways being macho isn't a bad thing in the least. @Armstrong you are just jealous :p:

A thousand apologies ! :fie:

I said don't cry, dammit. You won't make me soft time. :nono:

Ohhh is that right? Anyways being macho isn't a bad thing in the least

Okay... i can't get to understand you this time. Then i looked at your profile to see you are a female.

So it is okay.

I think, girls like macho man to an extend.

I said don't cry, dammit. You won't make me soft time. :nono:

Okay... i can't get to understand you this time. Then i looked at your profile to see you are a female.

So it is okay.

I think, girls like macho man to an extend.

You had to look at my profile for that :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom